Scotland v Spain - Match Thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Spain - Match Thread

romanticscot

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Come on the Scotland.. Intae the cnuts !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

That's a bit over the top. My apologies... Sometimes I get overly passionate.. 👀😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

8 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Kick Off 7:45pm 

Matchday 2 of 10

Matchday 2 of 8 as we only have four opponents in our group.

I am hopeful of a good result tonight. This is not the greatest Spanish team so as long as we do not pay them too much respect and show no fear then we are in with a shout but top performances needed from all.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's a bit over the top. My apologies... Sometimes I get overly passionate.. 👀😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Geographically dodgy too. Spain are nowhere near his heartland of Denmark and eastern England. 😎

I see us lining up something close to this:-

1. Angus Gunn

15. Ryan Porteous   5. Grant Hanley    6. Kieran Tierney

22. Aaron Hickey                                                                                                     3. Andy Robertson (Capt.)

8. Callum McGregor

4. Scott McTominay              7. John McGinn

11. Ryan Christie

9. Lyndon Dykes

A pissing wet night under the lights at Hampden!

Perfect! 💙💙💙

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

1. Angus Gunn

22. Aaron Hickey                                                                                                     3. Andy Robertson (Capt.)

8. Callum McGregor

11. Ryan Christie

9. Lyndon Dykes

I really hope thats the team tonight

32 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

1. Angus Gunn

8. Callum McGregor

11. Ryan Christie

9. Lyndon Dykes

Was thinking the same. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he plays Jack instead of Christie though and pushes mctominay further forward. 

No idea if Ryan Jack is physically able to play 2 games in 4 days? 

We arent going to have much of the ball tonight and will be interesting how high up the pitch we engage them as too high and run risk of them playing through the lines and creating numerous chances and then defending too deep we will just be a defence against an attack. 

Set pieces for us crucial.. Hanley, Porteous, McTominay and Dykes huge threat and apart from Rodri, Laporte and Nacho they are a very small team. 

In the search for hope for tonight I watched ROI against France.

Thinking logically ( I know, I know!!) France are better than Spain and we are better than ROI. And yet ROI came very close to earning a draw with their only failing being one mistake that caused the goal-- as good as it was executed.

Beginning to persuade myself that on a raucous rainy night in front of 52,000 hairy erased Scots we might just relive our 1984 ( Dalglish) victory over Spain

Now that was one of our great nights against the then Euro champs.

I think we have a great chance tonight and I know my heart might be ruling my head but this Spain are no world beaters and certainly not on a par with France or England. They dont have a team full of madrid or barca players anymore and Im sure robertson,tierney,mcginn,mctominay mcgregor will  feel they are as good as any of their players. The rest of ours need to have big games and the biggest could be hanley keeping morata quiet and big Dykes ragdolling their centrebacks.

There have been some great results in the pishing rain over the years and this could be another as I think Spain at this moment in time are trading on past glories and I hope I am proved correct at 10pm this evening.

Enjoy the game everyone.

53 minutes ago, marinello said:

Thinking logically ( I know, I know!!) France are better than Spain and we are better than ROI. And yet ROI came very close to earning a draw with their only failing being one mistake that caused the goal-- as good as it was executed.

Beginning to persuade myself that on a raucous rainy night in front of 52,000 hairy erased Scots we might just relive our 1984 ( Dalglish) victory over Spain

Let's hope so. However if the same supporters that went on Saturday go again tonight... one thing it won't be is raucous. Don't think they have got it in them. The gentrification of football continues. Never ever thought i would have to make a plea for a Hampden crowd to get behind the team, but cmon for f.. ks sake give it laldie tonight. You might even enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, marinello said:

I think France might have something to say about that! 🤣

In fairness, they were finalists so I'll let you off.  

Got to really get in their faces and make them feel uncomfortable. Have to upset their passing game. Can't just sit back and watch them play the ball about. They showed in the world cup that they didn't like teams coming onto them. Easier said than done but we will need to find a way to make them feel less comfortable on the ball. CMON SCOTLAND. Let's make it one to remember.