Scotland v Cyprus match thread..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Cyprus match thread..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free kick just outside the box, who's in the squad that may be a threat? I remember Armstrong scoring a belter against San Marino (Not the stiffest opposition but don't think many keepers would've saved it) but since Griffiths we've been a bit thin on the ground in that department 🤔

Just now, supersub said:

2-0 win. Cyprus will be stuffy but Hampden will be bouncing. Can't wait. Let's do this

Really hope you're right mate 👍 But I can't shake that insipid draw feeling 😕 And I'm usually Mr optimistic 

15 minutes ago, todd said:

Really hope you're right mate 👍 But I can't shake that insipid draw feeling 😕 And I'm usually Mr optimistic 

I think tomorrow will be a decent professional performance setting up a free hit at Spain.

3 hours ago, todd said:

Free kick just outside the box, who's in the squad that may be a threat? I remember Armstrong scoring a belter against San Marino (Not the stiffest opposition but don't think many keepers would've saved it) but since Griffiths we've been a bit thin on the ground in that department 🤔

McGinn and Christie probably.

40 minutes ago, todd said:

Listen.If we go out and produce an insipid draw against Cyprus with a full house in the opening game of the group then serious questions will have to be asked.It simply musn't happen.A win and nothing else is a must.CMON SCOTLAND.

Im confident we'll get the win we need to get us off to a positive start - the Cyprus team arent great, were at home full stadium start of the new qualifying i think we'll win but dont think we'll blow them away 

Would like to see the below 

Gunn

Hickey Hanley Porteous Robertson

McGregor McTominay 

Armstrong McGinn Christie

Adams 

4 points next 2 games would be great 

2 hours ago, HighlandScot said:

Whatever the formation Tierney has to play. So long as Tierney is on the field we always have a chance.

Tierney must start. Played well the other night. He never let's us down. Against Cyprus he can bomb down the wing, so use it...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊👊

8 hours ago, HighlandScot said:

Whatever the formation Tierney has to play. So long as Tierney is on the field we always have a chance.

Tierney and Robertson must start for me. The two of them on that left are unplayable at times in some games 

11 hours ago, HighlandScot said:

I get that some folk are in favour of playing guys that are regularly starting for their clubs, but we shouldn't be starting inferior players just because they are a bit fresher.

Tierney is in the same bracket as Robertson, McGinn and Gordon. If fit, they are too talented not to start. I think Gilmour could end up being in that category in the next couple of years.

57 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I get that some folk are in favour of playing guys that are regularly starting for their clubs, but we shouldn't be starting inferior players just because they are a bit fresher.

Tierney is in the same bracket as Robertson, McGinn and Gordon. If fit, they are too talented not to start. I think Gilmour could end up being in that category in the next couple of years.

I think Gilmour already is, as is McGregor. So easily forgotten how assured he looked in big games for us not that long ago. I don't remember us having someone like that. He's fit. Play him.