Norwegian Domestic League... - Norway v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norwegian Domestic League...

Rich NATA

I contacted www.norskligafotball.no and enquired about any league matches taking place in/around Oslo, whilst we're over there.

They responded with the below four matches in the 3rd tier.

Welcome to Norway.

We have these matches on level 3 in these days.

Level 1 and 2 are not playing because of qualifier UEFA Euro 2024 period.

image.png.ff19ba00d7488b6428d7631b565c31ef.png

The “yellow” one maybe the best and also located in Oslo centrum.

I have checked out the four grounds.

Grorud - Non-league style ground:  https://www.nordicstadiums.com/grorud-arctic-match/

Jessheim - Lower-league style ground: https://www.nordicstadiums.com/jessheim-stadion/

Intility Arena - Modern stadium: https://www.nordicstadiums.com/intility-arena/

Kurlandsparken - Amateur style ground. Little more than a park. Not listed on https://www.nordicstadiums.com

News to me and maybe you: Valerenga no longer play at the Ullevaal Stadium. This is their new home where Valerenga 2 will play Fram

Vålerenga kultur- og idrettspark • Byggeindustrien

Edited by Rich NATA

Just realised we (Scotland) kick-off at 5pm, so those two Saturday league matches are impossible (unless you leave at half-time).

I hope to get along for the Valerenga-Fram match on the Sunday, though. New stadium 'n' that.

Edited by Rich NATA

• 2 months later...

Apparently Lyn play at the Bislet Stadium (the stadium many of us attended for the Skeid-Sarpsborg match).

I'm going to contact Norsk Liga Fotbol on Monday to get a definitive list of fixtures, stadia and kick-off times.

If we do have a choice between Valerenga B at their new stadium or Lyn at the famous Bislet, which would you go for?

Norsk Liga Fotbol have today informed me...

No new matches.

Lyn is playing away against Aalesund 2 in Aalesund this weekend.

Vaalerenga 2 versus Fram is still OK. 

15:00hrs Sunday, Intility Arena.

You can also reach Grorud versus Kjelsås on Saturday (only a short trip from Grorud to Ullevaal).

There is a bar named OST immediately next to the southern end of the Intility Arena. 

It (allegedly) opens at 14:00hrs.

However, there is a bar named Vålerenga Vertshus en route to OST which (allegedly) opens at 12:00hrs.

It's a 15-20 minute walk between the two.

Vålerenga Vertshus appears to be a bit of a fan bar.

Travel to Utility Arena...

Subway

Helsfyr subway is in the immediate vicinity and lines 1, 2, 3 and 4 go there. When you get off the subway, take the exit marked "Valle Hovin".

Click here for more information.

Bus

In addition to the subway, the bus connection to Valle is also very good, with a total of 19 different buses from Oslo stopping in either Grenseveien or at Valle Hovin

Buses that stop at Helsfyr station, Teisenkrysset, Grenseveien or Valle Hovin:

Bus numbers 21, 23, 24, 28, 37, 66, 68, 76, 95, 100,110, 300, 330, 352, 412, 415, 417, 422, 431. In addition, most of the buses that come from the north of Oslo stop at Teisenkrysset and Helsfyr, including the airport buses.

Collective map: 

Feel free to use www.ruter.no or the mobile app "Ruter Reise" for optimal route planning to the Intility arena.

Check out road atlas' description of the location here