150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top. - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top.

Haggis_trap

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/5/2023 at 7:25 AM, Dogbiscuit said:

I'd also like to see the comparison. Is the fake one without the Adidas badge? Also how' the sizing?

If you scroll up and see my pics, those are from a fake one. What I want to see is some pics of a real one

• 3 weeks later...

That’s the adidas rumoured templates starting to leak now for 2024, looks like there will be new kits for adidas teams for the euros if not late 2023 - all based on the 2006 World Cup template, obviously also played in Germany. Take a look at any adidas kit from that World Cup as an idea of how it will look.

20 hours ago, JECK said:

That’s the adidas rumoured templates starting to leak now for 2024, looks like there will be new kits for adidas teams for the euros if not late 2023 - all based on the 2006 World Cup template, obviously also played in Germany. Take a look at any adidas kit from that World Cup as an idea of how it will look.

image.thumb.png.b6c8ef14a1673be2d5b2ed3240701dbc.png

That top middle one wouldn't be terrible

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

That is it at its most basic format. We will get something more "tarted" up to make it unique to us.

If the last shirt efforts are anything to go by.. tarted up might not be the most appropriate phrase. They were so dull that they were the first shirts since the 70's that i couldn't bring myself to buy. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, trout101 said:

Anyone know if they're releasing any more of these at any point?

Don’t think anyone knows for sure.  Some folk said they thought there would be more on lead up to England game but nothing concrete. 

I personally would be amazed if SFA didn’t release a decent number of these after having created the hype.  There’s simply nothing to gain for them in having such a limited release. 

Are they ripping the pish with this?

What about just sending me the actual boxed shirt I paid for and they haven’t sent me?

Now need to enter a ballot.

The next batch of special edition Scotland 150th anniversary kits are due to land by the end of July and as valued SSC members, we are holding an exclusive ballot in partnership with JD Sports for members to register to be in with a chance to purchase one of these shirts.

The chosen members will be eligible to purchase one shirt per member number and those successful will be emailed with a link to complete their purchase.

There will be a further batch launching late August/early September, however this will be open to the general public and an online discount will not be available on these items. You can still benefit from the SSC discount in store with a valid membership card and ID.

Ballot shirt sizes are Men’s & Kids. However, Women’s boxed kits are still available here. Use discount code SSC150.

Please note: A 15% SSC Member discount will automatically be applied to checkout and the ballot deadline is Sunday, 30 July

14 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Are they ripping the pish with this?

What about just sending me the actual boxed shirt I paid for and they haven’t sent me?

Now need to enter a ballot.

The next batch of special edition Scotland 150th anniversary kits are due to land by the end of July and as valued SSC members, we are holding an exclusive ballot in partnership with JD Sports for members to register to be in with a chance to purchase one of these shirts.

The chosen members will be eligible to purchase one shirt per member number and those successful will be emailed with a link to complete their purchase.

There will be a further batch launching late August/early September, however this will be open to the general public and an online discount will not be available on these items. You can still benefit from the SSC discount in store with a valid membership card and ID.

Ballot shirt sizes are Men’s & Kids. However, Women’s boxed kits are still available here. Use discount code SSC150.

Please note: A 15% SSC Member discount will automatically be applied to checkout and the ballot deadline is Sunday, 30 July

They've really overcomplicated this whole thing eh? why did they not do a wee bit of research? 

I have just tried to enter the ballot and leave payment with them, which is fair enough, however as far as I can see the only payment option is Paypal (which i don't have or use) is there any way round this ??

thanks in advance !!

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

They've really overcomplicated this whole thing eh? why did they not do a wee bit of research? 

Also, why not just give SSC members say a week to fill their boots with the jerseys in September? Then open it up to the public.

It would matter not to JD sport but would ensure that the SSC members (the most loyal of Scotland fans) get their fill.

On 7/28/2023 at 10:44 AM, Bristolhibby said:

Also, why not just give SSC members say a week to fill their boots with the jerseys in September? Then open it up to the public.

It would matter not to JD sport but would ensure that the SSC members (the most loyal of Scotland fans) get their fill.

Otherwise fowk will just go and buy fakes at an 8th of the price! 

Just wonder how many shirts are actually available for this ballot. The message said there would only be limited amounts of each size.So probably large and x large will sell out the quickest while if you take a small your chances of getting one will no doubt be higher. Don't know why they can't just pick the names and then match them up with their size. Surely it doesn't matter what sizes are sold in the ballot before they go on public sale. A sale is a sale to them. 

19 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Just wonder how many shirts are actually available for this ballot. The message said there would only be limited amounts of each size.So probably large and x large will sell out the quickest while if you take a small your chances of getting one will no doubt be higher. Don't know why they can't just pick the names and then match them up with their size. Surely it doesn't matter what sizes are sold in the ballot before they go on public sale. A sale is a sale to them. 

I think it’s all about creating hype - and to that extent, they are playing a blinder.