150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top. - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top.

Haggis_trap

4 minutes ago, neilser said:

Stick with it - I got stuck on about 6 separate phases of it but eventually got a completed order after about half an hour. If you get to the point where you enter your discount code and it doesn't seem to do anything after you click apply just click the proceed to order button (or similar) and it should reflect the discount when the next page eventually loads. 

It really is a dreadful website. I had clicked too many tops at one point and then the remove button doesn’t work.

J

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

It really is a dreadful website. I had clicked too many tops at one point and then the remove button doesn’t work.

J

I suspect it's down to bandwidth issues due to the volume of folk using the site at the same time, but there are other websites that get round this with a queuing system that updates you with the number of people in front of you - would be a much easier system for the user...

Had an XL and and XXL in my basket, faffed around loading up my address and card number, only managed to get an XXL.

Which is fine, as reading on here they are tighter than the current home top, which itself is tighter than the Euro 2020 jersey. So I think I have done well.

Got two DH Gate ones coming also, so should be able to see the difference, and then fence the DH Gate ones.

J

On 3/23/2023 at 8:14 AM, wanderer said:

Shirt arrived last night.

First thing, going a size up is advisable, while not fitted, its certainly that smidge smaller than the usual cut of tops. 

You soon forget the price as soon as you see it in the flesh though!

Glad I have gone for an XXL and not an XL judging by the comments on here. 

J

5 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Aye, but not £29 braw. Hopefully there will be a new issue of the shirt come August. £90 minus discount is plenty. 

Aye, that's what I took from the email. Fingers crossed. £76.50 is pricey but it's fkin braw so worth every penny IMO, would love to be able to get hands on a short sleeved keepers jersey, they're just braw as fK! 

Just received this email after buying two of the boxed options yesterday, and a further £5 to get them within 2/3 days. Now to be delivered ‘in the latter part of this year’.
Absolute farce 😏😡

545B44D6-1861-41FE-AAAF-E78CFBBBA9ED.jpeg

Edited by McTeeko

35 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Just received this email after buying two of the boxed options yesterday, and a further £5 to get them within 2/3 days. Now to be delivered ‘in the latter part of this year’.
Absolute farce 😏😡

Sorry bud, I know I shouldn’t laugh .

the sfa as a whole make me smile . “latter part of this year” 😂🤣

41 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Absolute farce 😏😡

I got the same!  I'm wondering how a systems issue can prevent them from being able to issue it until the latter part of the year?  Clearly the tops don't exist yet!

Tried to  order this twice , couldn`t get any where originally so bit the bullet and tried again last week .

Twenty minutes on the website and I got as far as checkout and it wouldn`t accept two different bank/credit cards , so gave up .

Checked my bank account and £124 .00 has gone to them but I have received no confirmation whatsoever .

Emailed them yesterday and queried whether I`m getting a top or not and they`ve asked what my reference number is !

Christ knows whether or not I`m getting a top or not or they`re just keeping my money anyway

There are some very good immitations kicking around for a lot less money! 😉

Thinking this through, given all the unwanted shite the SSC has punted our way over the years as a justification for the inflated membership prices (various shirts, a CD, a scarf, badges etc) they could at least have gauged interest from SSC members some months before the shirt launch and allowed those who wanted to buy it a guaranteed shirt, possibly even at a price more like what we're used to. End result: likely more sales, more money and a happier membership...

10 hours ago, neilser said:

Thinking this through, given all the unwanted shite the SSC has punted our way over the years as a justification for the inflated membership prices (various shirts, a CD, a scarf, badges etc) they could at least have gauged interest from SSC members some months before the shirt launch and allowed those who wanted to buy it a guaranteed shirt, possibly even at a price more like what we're used to. End result: likely more sales, more money and a happier membership...

Spot on. However there is a problem. It's the sfa we are talking about. They couldn't care less. Before somebody chirps in with it's jd sports that are selling them not the sfa,i am sure jd sports would have been happy to set aside a guaranteed amount of pre public sales shirts to the sfa if they had been requested. 

22 hours ago, neilser said:

Exactly this!

First dibs to those who do the hard yards.

Its not rocket science.

Epic fail........

My "overseas" delivery came today.  I am not only impressed with the build quality, but this is a size I can actually wear.  And before you rib me about being a XXXL, that doesn't match reality but I went with the biggest I could get from them as I have been stung in the past 

PXL_20230413_203221989.jpg

PXL_20230413_203215641.jpg

PXL_20230413_203211580.jpg

PXL_20230413_203206051.MP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 2:34 PM, C Mc said:

Has anyone managed to directly compared a DH Gate version with the "real thing"?

How did it do?

Aye, I've got a few, the original is far better quality, the badge is a wee bit bigger but the embroidering far superior. 
Saying that, the dhgate ones are actually braw, fit really nicely, nice material etc, seeing as the original cost £63 I'll be wearing the fake ones to away games! 

Was in JD in Argyle St yesterday, if yer after original jerseys they've got some, at least one L and loads of smaller ones. 

3 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Aye, I've got a few, the original is far better quality, the badge is a wee bit bigger but the embroidering far superior. 
Saying that, the dhgate ones are actually braw, fit really nicely, nice material etc, seeing as the original cost £63 I'll be wearing the fake ones to away games! 

Was in JD in Argyle St yesterday, if yer after original jerseys they've got some, at least one L and loads of smaller ones. 

Do you have a real and fake anniversary top? Can you post pics, I am curious to see how it compares with mine

19 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Do you have a real and fake anniversary top? Can you post pics, I am curious to see how it compares with mine

I'm away at present escaping the uj wankery but can do when I get back.