150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top.

Haggis_trap

9 minutes ago, supersub said:

My point being that one of the benefits of being a SSC member is the discount but given that the discount code was shared online then there is no actual benefit (ie non-members were able to get the same and in some cases larger discounts without having to pay any membership fee). There should have been some way to validate membership built in but its JD Sports and the SFA who we are talking about so they don't care who buys.

Real amateur hour stuff. As you say also galling that non ssc members managed to get not even 15% but 30% discount. You wouldn't think it would be beyond the wit of man to put something in place so you would have to validate your membership. Totally hopeless but as you say they sold. That's what interests them. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, supersub said:

My point being that one of the benefits of being a SSC member is the discount but given that the discount code was shared online then there is no actual benefit (ie non-members were able to get the same and in some cases larger discounts without having to pay any membership fee). There should have been some way to validate membership built in but its JD Sports and the SFA who we are talking about so they don't care who buys.

Ahh ok yeah got you. That's down to some fanny sharing the code out 🤣

17 hours ago, Kirk said:

Ahh ok yeah got you. That's down to some fanny sharing the code out 🤣

Aye, they need to work on a better protected discount code. 

Be interesting to see what comes of all of this, it's been pretty poorly executed. 

Shirt arrived last night.

First thing, going a size up is advisable, while not fitted, its certainly that smidge smaller than the usual cut of tops. 

You soon forget the price as soon as you see it in the flesh though!

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Aye, they need to work on a better protected discount code. 

Be interesting to see what comes of all of this, it's been pretty poorly executed. 

Being the SFA I'd imagine nothing will change 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, wanderer said:

Shirt arrived last night.

First thing, going a size up is advisable, while not fitted, its certainly that smidge smaller than the usual cut of tops. 

You soon forget the price as soon as you see it in the flesh though!

Mines arrived today. Mines just fits me. 

6 hours ago, dan cake said:

Genuine question, why no goalie top?

Or away top for that matter? Would like to see how that would have panned out.

Am pretty sure lack sales for a GK top would be reason enough not for it to be considered 

11 hours ago, JECK said:

Or away top for that matter? Would like to see how that would have panned out.

Am pretty sure lack sales for a GK top would be reason enough not for it to be considered 

I presume because its a commemorative top.

We got a new away kit last year when the home one was launched.

11 hours ago, todd said:

Fuck, that must've been confusing 

Must have been, keeper (Robert Gardner) played up front in the 2nd half for a while I believe too! 😂

I told Craigie about that, his eyes lit up! He'd love to score a goal but can't see the boss giving him the nod... 

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Never thought of that 😞

First reference I can find is a rule change in 1910 for when Scottish keepers were told to wear different coloured jerseys, before that (certainly pre WWI) it was just a cap to differentiate. 

Edited by Bzzzz

13 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

Mines arrived today. Mines just fits me. 

I went a size up out of fear when I saw "slim fit" on the boxed shirts, and its only marginally bigger than than the Euro 2020 shirt, but I do prefer a more roomy fit shirt. 

I've made another purchase from DHG.  I was not planning on wearing this top anyway.  My experience with DHG is the sizing is well small and for an adult unless you wear a L or small they don't provide something that will actually fit you.  I looked at Ali Express, they don't ship to the US or I would have given them a try.

Can anyone answer if these tops are indeed knock off's or made in the same factory?  Anything I have bought before has been excellent quality just the sizing is an issue - maybe I have just answered my own question.  This reminds of the Battenburg top circa 1990 - I was too young to consider keeping that.  I don't plan on wearing this one other than a few match days this year and hope to make some kind of framed display for it.  

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I've made another purchase from DHG.  I was not planning on wearing this top anyway.  My experience with DHG is the sizing is well small and for an adult unless you wear a L or small they don't provide something that will actually fit you.  I looked at Ali Express, they don't ship to the US or I would have given them a try.

Can anyone answer if these tops are indeed knock off's or made in the same factory?  Anything I have bought before has been excellent quality just the sizing is an issue - maybe I have just answered my own question.  This reminds of the Battenburg top circa 1990 - I was too young to consider keeping that.  I don't plan on wearing this one other than a few match days this year and hope to make some kind of framed display for it.  

The picture of the top on Ali express is the same pic on JD with the Adidas logo airbrushed off.

Think they've taken on board some comments as got an email to confirm that there will be an SSC exclusivity window for the boxed versions of the anniversary top tomorrow.

Also that SFA are in advanced talks on production timelines for additional supplies of the anniversary top which should hopefully be available before the England game in Sept.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, romanticscot said:

If the sizing is an issue then clearly a knock off. I’ve gone up a size or two this time. 

I never understand the fact that they go to all the bother getting it looking the same then fudge up the sizing.

J

17 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’m struggling with the website. Circles if death.

J

Stick with it - I got stuck on about 6 separate phases of it but eventually got a completed order after about half an hour. If you get to the point where you enter your discount code and it doesn't seem to do anything after you click apply just click the proceed to order button (or similar) and it should reflect the discount when the next page eventually loads.