150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top.

Haggis_trap

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Purchased online this morning, as my local JD Sports said they were not expecting a large quantity of stock today when I inquired yesterday. 

Interestingly, got a 30% discount using the SSC Code, rather than 15%, but looks like its now 15%.

Likewise with the 30%. Now hoping they don’t cancel all the orders with 30%. 

4 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

Likewise with the 30%. Now hoping they don’t cancel all the orders with 30%. 

Received a confirmation email that order has been processed ready for shipping, so they will have to honour it now.

19 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Received a confirmation email that order has been processed ready for shipping, so they will have to honour it now.

Likewise but seeing some people saying their orders have been cancelled. 

3 minutes ago, ton1314 said:

Got an email and text after applying the SSC discount, nothing to say its cancelled but not letting me log into my account to check. If they cancel it and its sold out I wont be happy!

Just had the same, but you have to click the "submit" button a couple of times, as first time it said "no order", yet after 3rd time of trying took me to my order status and said its packed and ready to go (works first time on phone though)

22 minutes ago, ton1314 said:

Got an email and text after applying the SSC discount, nothing to say its cancelled but not letting me log into my account to check. If they cancel it and its sold out I wont be happy!

Can’t get into my account either. If they cancel it and it’s sold out like you said JD won’t be getting another penny from me. 

I called through to JD's customer support line, checked the status of my order asked if orders are being cancelled and they said they will not be doing so but that the discount will no longer work (I did point out that there's no tops for it to work on now).

Given the engagement and reaction to all the posts leading up to this how could they not foresee the demand being sky high? 

Oh yeah i remember who we're dealing with now. Boxed edition out Thursday for those who want to splash even more cash.

It's not just the price that's reduced by 15/30 % - there's a significant reduction in the amount of material they've used too 🤐. I've bought adidas XL across a range of football shirts before and they've all fitted perfectly - this one is tight across the chest and about 3 inches shorter from collar to waist.

Gie's peace SFA/Adidas...

24 minutes ago, neilser said:

It's not just the price that's reduced by 15/30 % - there's a significant reduction in the amount of material they've used too 🤐. I've bought adidas XL across a range of football shirts before and they've all fitted perfectly - this one is tight across the chest and about 3 inches shorter from collar to waist.

Gie's peace SFA/Adidas...

That sounds like the woman's top that was released that was based on the Euro 96 kit.... cracking kit, but had to return it as it was far to fitted for my liking and far to short to really wear casually.

3 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

Can’t get into my account either. If they cancel it and it’s sold out like you said JD won’t be getting another penny from me. 

I emailed them, apparently packed and ready to be sent out so should be all good.

Just need to worry about fit now...

Not much actual point being in the SSC any longer.  A lot of people who aren't members got the new top using a code shared online and got 30% off. Many SSC members didn't get a top due to diabolical launch. Someone somewhere needs to be accountable for this shambles but SFA and SSC won't care as the top sold out. As always money talks but loyalty doesn't matter. Fair play to everyone who got 30% off as the £90 price point was a joke

17 minutes ago, supersub said:

Not much actual point being in the SSC any longer.  A lot of people who aren't members got the new top using a code shared online and got 30% off. Many SSC members didn't get a top due to diabolical launch. Someone somewhere needs to be accountable for this shambles but SFA and SSC won't care as the top sold out. As always money talks but loyalty doesn't matter. Fair play to everyone who got 30% off as the £90 price point was a joke

Very poorly launched regarding fans trying to get it. However as you said it's all about cold hard cash for the sfa so as far as they are concered everything in the garden is rosy. They couldn't give a toss about the supporters who actually follow them. Anybody's money is good enough for them. You think they would have given a heads up to their supporters club. 

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Very poorly launched regarding fans trying to get it. However as you said it's all about cold hard cash for the sfa so as far as they are concered everything in the garden is rosy. They couldn't give a toss about the supporters who actually follow them. Anybody's money is good enough for them. You think they would have given a heads up to their supporters club. 

I doubt the SFA are making much from these sales.

Most clubs/teams take a lump sum payment up front rather than a sales %-age, plus with JD Sports having the "exclusive" rights to actually sell the shirts, I doubt the SFA are making much from the £25 mark up on this shirt against the usual price.

5 hours ago, ton1314 said:

I emailed them, apparently packed and ready to be sent out so should be all good.

Just need to worry about fit now...

No cancellation email yet. Still says order processing. 

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Some amount of shirts for sale on ebay.Worse than tickets for the big music festivals.Chancers.

Shocking amount on ebay. Think the resellers will struggle to sell these on at the asking prices, especially when the boxed versions are released for less than the prices on ebay