150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top.

Haggis_trap

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Wonder how much the official shirts will be. The most recent one on ebay is on for £55.Wonder if they will go down the limited run route and charge something like £85.

I just hope they don't take the piss.  I really want one but I'll not be paying that much for one!  Hopefully the fact there's already a substantial number of fakes available online will make the SFA/Adidas/JD Sports/whoever keep the pricing sensible and stop fans from going to these fake sites.

32 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

I just hope they don't take the piss.  I really want one but I'll not be paying that much for one!  Hopefully the fact there's already a substantial number of fakes available online will make the SFA/Adidas/JD Sports/whoever keep the pricing sensible and stop fans from going to these fake sites.

Should be the normal price but know that quite a lot of club teams release limited shirts at stupid prices. Certainly will buy if it is a reasonable price but not if it is way above the normal range for a shirt. 

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

If you must be first, here is a link - BNWT Mens Scotland 150th Anniversary Football Jersey - SMALL | eBay

Kind of hope they have the blue slightly off in that photo, as the more darker shade in the SFA picture looks a lot better than the more "purple" look of that shade of blue.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Kind of hope they have the blue slightly off in that photo, as the more darker shade in the SFA picture looks a lot better than the more "purple" look of that shade of blue.

That's a fake shirt though. So hopefully the official shirt will be darker. 

10 hours ago, romanticscot said:

How do you know its fake?  not calling you a liar, just wondering what the signs are. 

Well just going by the fact that they aren't on sale officially and well known fake shirt seller ali express are selling them(among others). Why would some random guy on ebay have them for sale before the big official launch? 

23 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Well just going by the fact that they aren't on sale officially and well known fake shirt seller ali express are selling them(among others). Why would some random guy on ebay have them for sale before the big official launch? 

I have seen retailers sell stock before they were meant to accidentally. Movies, music, and even one of our tops was being sold at Disneyland a few years ago weeks before it was meant to. I think it was our 2014 home one, you could be right but it has happened before that a jersey was sold before it was meant to be.

Edited by romanticscot

18 hours ago, thesaint said:

That's a fake shirt though. So hopefully the official shirt will be darker. 

Yeah, should have said that while its clearly a fake, I hope its a case of they took a gamble on the shade of blue and got it wrong.

Goes from a thing of beauty, to suddenly looking like the first Levein-era Adidas kit in the blink of a eye.....

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

SFA confirm the new shirt will only be worn in three matches this year by the Men’s and Women’s National Teams... Cyprus and England for the men's, and Costa Rica friendly for the woman's team.

Wearing it for a Cyprus game but not the Spain and it's not because of colors clashing - seems strange one.  Probably to maximize its period of exposure to sell them.  They still to sell the 2023 Home one as well. I feel they didn't think this through when they launched our new one, or maybe they did. 

Any word of a release date or a pre-order link anywhere. 

1 minute ago, romanticscot said:

Wearing it for a Cyprus game but not the Spain and it's not because of colors clashing - seems strange one.  Probably to maximize its period of exposure to sell them.  They still to sell the 2023 Home one as well. I feel they didn't think this through when they launched our new one, or maybe they did. 

Any word of a release date or a pre-order link anywhere. 

Cyprus game is the first game of the 150th year, so that kind of answers that one, and you would assume the England game being the show case event of the celebration also makes sense.

Would imagine that the SFA are contractually obliged to wear the current home kit for a certain life span across a international cycle, so in essence, this kit is a glorified Third kit.

Shirt to be released next Tuesday, but seen nothing on pre-order links yet

On 3/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, thesaint said:

Rod Petrie trying to make a few extra quid 

Looks like there is two versions coming versions coming out.

Replica kit which is released tomorrow, but on Thursday a special kit in a box (one shown above, which says "Slim Fit") will be launched and comes with choice of a commemorative coin or bottle of whisky

Purchased online this morning, as my local JD Sports said they were not expecting a large quantity of stock today when I inquired yesterday. 

Interestingly, got a 30% discount using the SSC Code, rather than 15%, but looks like its now 15%.