150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top.

Haggis_trap

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect we will probably use both shirts across the year.... SFA will probably be under contract to give the current top a certain life span of games.

SFA seemed rather fast to show off the new top, but giving no details on a release date or anything, which I suspect its more a glorified third kit, but slightly more of a collectors item.

Just now, Hertsscot said:

How many games did the women wear the Swedish style kit for? Didn't seem to be long at all.

Probably 6-8 months, but that was released with last years Euros in mind.

There was talk last year from the SFA in one of their emails about a "bespoke woman's NT kit" for this year.

If it was a one off kit for the England game, then I can not see why the rush to sell it now.

6 hours ago, stocky said:

I think itll only be used for the England game and not again.

A one off, and a souvenir.

I fuckin hope so, nice enough for an anniversary kit but to be wearing that in a competitive qualifier would be comparable to, back in the olden school days, having to do PE in your pants 'cause you'd forgot your kit!

On 2/21/2023 at 12:01 AM, Diamond Scot said:

Sure I read that the strip will be worn for the first 2 games in the qualifiers as well as the England game.

Thought that was strange. Either make it the actual home top or use it just for the 1 off England game.

Sure I read this as well.  Footy headlines have said it's likely to be released in time for the first 2 qualifiers but nothing about the team wearing it.

I was actually going to get myself the current home top for my holiday this summer but will be buying the 150th top instead and I'm sure others will do likewise so swings and roundabouts. 

On 2/21/2023 at 12:01 AM, Diamond Scot said:

Sure I read that the strip will be worn for the first 2 games in the qualifiers as well as the England game.

Thought that was strange. Either make it the actual home top or use it just for the 1 off England game.

In one of those review of the year emails the SSC sent out last year, they mentioned that the woman's team were getting a bespoke kit for this year, so chances are they may wear it more than the men's do.

I suspect we will wear it at Hampden against Cyprus (as its the first game of the 150th year) and using it sparingly across the year (with the England game the only real game its earmarked for full use in)

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nobody forces you to buy them. 

Also, kids don't need every single strip that comes out. 

Glad I read the whole thread before posting. This is exactly what I was thinking. 

If you like the shirt buy it. If you don't, don't. 

On 2/23/2023 at 10:45 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Nobody forces you to buy them. 

Also, kids don't need every single strip that comes out. 

Thank you.

It's the 21st century and nowadays that means football associations and clubs are full of savvy businesspeople who know how to make the most out of the demand that is caused by traditional loyalty (I suppose you could call it that). See also their capabilities of selling out games for Hampden despite the uproar about the amount of midweek evening games.

Not that I agree with it, but marketing runs football nowadays. Its up to individuals to decide how to manage their own psychology around it.

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

I notice also that JD Sports now have the current kit listed as "Scotland 2022 home kit"..........

They do indeed and still full price, we will get another home jersey next year so that will be three years in a row, hopefully one we can wear at Euro 2024(15 months away......yikes). 

15 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

They do indeed and still full price, we will get another home jersey next year so that will be three years in a row, hopefully one we can wear at Euro 2024(15 months away......yikes). 

Be a special edition shirt for the Euro 2024 finals ( if/when we qualify 😉 

20 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I suspect we were due a new kit in 2024 for the Euros anyway.

Could be worse.... Ireland are about to sign a deal with Castore and has seen their fans up in arms about it (their current kit was only released a few months ahead of ours)