SNP leadership election - Page 83 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

@aaid How bad will this need to get before you admit its a shit shiow? my guess is never

I'm sure he will tell us when he has the buyer's remorse

It's been 50 hours - which has been enough for a lot of people i have noticed

2 minutes ago, Alibi said:

What a dull, unimaginative status quo cabinet.  FFS, are they actually trying to lose power?  I see there are more women that men so who's going to self ID as a man in order to level it up?

Who do you think is missing that should be there?

18 minutes ago, aaid said:

Who do you think is missing that should be there?

Forbes should have been Deputy and remained in charge of Finance

Regan should have been given a new role of Minister for Independence

Both should have been made offers they couldnt refuse

McKee should also be there as he has more knowledge of business and industry than the lot of them combined

That's just for starters

This Government will last until the GE where the SNP will lose a shed loads of seats

Yousaf will resign and if the SNP have any sense they will realise they have to burn the house down

However it is almost certain Angus Robertson will be drafted in as the saviour

They will go into the Holyrood election with him in charge and they will lose control of Parliament

41 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Forbes should have been Deputy and remained in charge of Finance

Regan should have been given a new role of Minister for Independence

Both should have been made offers they couldnt refuse

McKee should also be there as he has more knowledge of business and industry than the lot of them combined

That's just for starters

This Government will last until the GE where the SNP will lose a shed loads of seats

Yousaf will resign and if the SNP have any sense they will realise they have to burn the house down

However it is almost certain Angus Robertson will be drafted in as the saviour

They will go into the Holyrood election with him in charge and they will lose control of Parliament

7699E747-1F43-4CFE-821F-B83B507B16C2.gif

18 minutes ago, Redz said:

Ordinarily you are a good read

Not right now though

Replying with pictures suggests you've lost the room

I might have lost the room but I’m very aware that this particular room is by no means representative.

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

That does seem to be you’re motto, oh the  irony 

My guy won, why would I need to double down?  You seem to think that all those that voted for him are stupid and you’re imbued with wisdom and foresight.

Unlike you, I’m not and have no idea how things will work out but I’m not going to completely write him off before he gets going.  

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

My guy won, why would I need to double down?  You seem to think that all those that voted for him are stupid and you’re imbued with wisdom and foresight.

Unlike you, I’m not and have no idea how things will work out but I’m not going to completely write him off before he gets going.  

Oh aaid you should learn to say nothing sometimes, your guy won? Is that actually how you look at it? When really we who support independence all lose but what does it matter if “your guy won” 

Let me expand on that. 

There’s probably around a dozen or so actively commenting on this thread.  Of those probably around half a dozen or so are - or at least claim to be - SNP members and who voted.  Of those only one person - me - gave Humza Yousaf their FP vote, or is at least admitting it.  Since he picked up 48% of FP votes in the actual election, this forum is clearly not a representative sample - it is an echo chamber.

Do I expect people to suddenly change their minds about him overnight, no.

Do I expect people to at least give him a chance, yes but maybe that’s being to optimistic.

Do I think that he should be looking to get Kate Forbes and members of her team on board, yes but he’s been rebuffed by her and McKee - apparently the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I like McKee but the way he’s been portrayed on here is laughable.

7 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Oh aaid you should learn to say nothing sometimes, your guy won? Is that actually how you look at it? When really we who support independence all lose but what does it matter if “your guy won” 

If you can’t stand to be in a “big tent” party with people who don’t hold the same views as you do, maybe it’s time for you to be honest with yourself and everyone else and hit that resign button.  

Kate Forbes is not only a very intelligent talented politician she is a remarkable young lady with a lot of humility. How she has held herself throughout and after the campaign is something we can all take inspiration from. She was absolutely butchered at the start of the campaign for nothing more than having faith, the same treatment was not poured onto humza. It’s something the SNP should be extremely embarrassed about. I now feel embarrassed that I have persuaded folk who have trusted me, into voting the snp over the years.I never ever envisaged this. Independence is fucked 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

If you can’t stand to be in a “big tent” party with people who don’t hold the same views as you do, maybe it’s time for you to be honest with yourself and everyone else and hit that resign button.  

I wouldn’t give you and your like the satisfaction, who don’t even reside in Scotland so keep your political advise to those of your country 

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

I wouldn’t give you and your like the satisfaction, who don’t even reside in Scotland so keep your political advise to those of your country 

It’s no skin off my nose.