SNP leadership election - Page 82 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

No did I say that? and tbh I haven’t really seen abuse directed at them in person.

Why would they not be victims when they’re subject to abuse.  Just go onto Twitter and look at their mentions.   You, yourself were alluding to exactly this a few weeks back.

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotland are playing aaid

Let it go for 90 minutes 🤣🤣

😀😀😀

...anyway. I was thinking this topic is about done. Should we close it and start a new topic for the next SNP Leadership election? Or just reuse this one (since it shouldn't be long to wait?)

42 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

So what position will Somerville get 🤣

It's either her or Karen Adam for finance

12 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

😀😀😀

...anyway. I was thinking this topic is about done. Should we close it and start a new topic for the next SNP Leadership election? Or just reuse this one (since it shouldn't be long to wait?)

I posted at half-time, just as the teams were coming back onto the pitch.  The response must’ve been posted during the second half.

Just now, daviebee said:

No doubt there was a time you used to hang on his every word though.

Not really tbh.  I used to have a lot of respect for him, found him to be an unlikeable individual though.  If I want to watch someone sticking the knife into the SNP I’d choose someone who is doing it for reasons other than personal animus.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Not really tbh.  I used to have a lot of respect for him, found him to be an unlikeable individual though.  If I want to watch someone sticking the knife into the SNP I’d choose someone who is doing it for reasons other than personal animus.

Well there's a lot of reasons to stick the knife into New SNP and you'd be hard pushed to find someone with a better one.

Step-ups for Jenny Gilruth, Màiri McAllan and Neil Gray. 

Angela Constance back in cabinet as well - her role as Drugs minister reported directly into the FM and she attended cabinet.

Keith Brown, Kate Forbes and John Swinney out. 

• Shona Robison, the new deputy first minister, will take on the finance portfolio, including responsibility for the Scottish Budget
  • Michael Matheson becomes the Cabinet Secretary for NHS Recovery, Health and Social Care
  • Jenny Gilruth joins Cabinet for the first time as Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills
  • Màiri McAllan joins Cabinet for the first time as Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero and Just Transition
  • Neil Gray joins Cabinet for the first time as Cabinet Secretary for Wellbeing Economy, Fair Work and Energy
  • Mairi Gougeon remains Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Land Reform and Islands
  • Angus Robertson remains Cabinet Secretary for Constitution, External Affairs and Culture
  • Shirley-Anne Somerville becomes Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice
  • Angela Constance returns to Cabinet as the new Cabinet Secretary for Justice and Home Affairs

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

lol the tamb could put together a better cabinet than this, 

I see we’ve gone straight from “Nicola Sturgeon was a complete control freak who didn’t give her cabinet any autonomy” to “these cabinet ministers are absolute idiots” 

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Pleased to see Màiri McAllan promoted.  She’s really one to watch. 

Not after being associated with this Government and promotion of Yousaf

Bridges burnt

If the SNP were a religion, I would now be an atheist. I simply do not believe in this "party of independence". I can't preach "keep the faith" to my 9,000+ Facebook Inde-Car show's followers, when plainly the thing we want to believe in, doesn't actually exist (if it ever did!)

No Cabinet Member that lives in Glasgow. No Cabinet Secretary from West of Scotland. Nobody in Cabinet from islands. None from the Highlands. No business experience. None from Scotland’s poorest communities.

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

No Cabinet Member that lives in Glasgow. No Cabinet Secretary from West of Scotland. Nobody in Cabinet from islands. None from the Highlands. No business experience. None from Scotland’s poorest communities.

Oh come on, now you're really taking the piss.

52 minutes ago, aaid said:

I see we’ve gone straight from “Nicola Sturgeon was a complete control freak who didn’t give her cabinet any autonomy” to “these cabinet ministers are absolute idiots” 

this is still on sturgeon she will be remembered above humza for the distruction of the SNP, the cabinet is a fucking horror show,,