SNP leadership election - Page 81 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Important few weeks for Humza, Unionist press will inevitably go after him but he can't afford to alienate indy supporters. He really must try to give something to those who didn't vote for him, it's not looking like a great start but we'll see.

CABINT X

UNITE Snp X

GRR ?

bottle return scheme ?

west coast Mpa’s ?

NHS ?

Education.?

these are all policies that he will be hammer with at the start, I just don’t see him getting past the next GE. A mate of mine kenny Anderson, a real good lad resigned his SNP membership yesterday, 49 years he was a member. He is absolutely disgusted with how Kate’s been treated. Humza has failed in his very first test which really was straight forward. Who the fuck voted the cunt In

11 hours ago, scotlad said:

Spot on. 👍 Thick as fuck and arrogant with it - the worst combination.

If he'd any strategic ability he'd have made her DFM - she's more popular with the public than he is (currently) and given how close the final result was it could have brought the party together.

At the very least he could have kept her as Finance Minister. It's a crucial role and one that's not going to get any easier any time soon but she's shown herself well up the task.

But no. Humza's ego comes before all else. 🙄

I don't think he will last a year at this rate.

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

“High profile” Snp divorce apparently awa to go through, never thought it would be so soon after the leadership race finished. And no it’s not the murrells 

What do people’s personal lives have to do with anything?

13 hours ago, aaid said:

Disappointing that Kate Forbes seems to think that Rural Affairs is beneath her. 

Why would she take a demotion?  I think Humza and the party need her not the other way round.  He should have tried to keep the party together by giving her the biggest job possible.

first mistake on what I see will be a car crash leadership and fractured party.

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

She is obviously popular therefore giving her a senior role would show a united front and it would show respect for a good opponent. Humza obviously wants his buddies who backed him and will therefore piss off those who supported Kate.

Its a thick as fuck move by Humza but thats what happens when someone who is thick as fuck gets the top gig

14 hours ago, scotlad said:

Spot on. 👍 Thick as fuck and arrogant with it - the worst combination.

If he'd any strategic ability he'd have made her DFM - she's more popular with the public than he is (currently) and given how close the final result was it could have brought the party together.

At the very least he could have kept her as Finance Minister. It's a crucial role and one that's not going to get any easier any time soon but she's shown herself well up the task.

But no. Humza's ego comes before all else. 🙄

Completely agree with both. 

Much as I dont want her in the cabinet as I dont want her tainted by association, he has made a humungous mistake not offering her a top job. 

14 hours ago, aaid said:

I was struck by Kate Forbes saying that during the campaign that if she lost it would be a one time deal.   I suspect that with a young child - and speculating here, possibly more to come in the next few years - she may well feel that she’s finished with front line politics.  That will be a shame as she obviously has talent. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

What do people’s personal lives have to do with anything?

Exactly. How patronising. 

22 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Exactly. How patronising. 

I suppose that’s a fair point but there is a difference.   I’m suggesting reasons why she might be looking at standing back - not that she should feel she has to.

I’m not indulging in “scandal, scandal, scandal” gossip and in typical Hampden Loon style, doesn’t have the bottle to name who he is talking about.

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Ivan McKee offered a demotion by Humza and refuses it - also quits Government and moves to back benches

Day 2

Ivan McKee - who stood down after making an arse of Kate Forbes first week of the campaign - is a junior minister, I’m struggling to see how being offered any other role would be seen as a demotion.  Did he expect to be promoted?

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ivan McKee - who stood down after making an arse of Kate Forbes first week of the campaign - is a junior minister, I’m struggling to see how being offered any other role would be seen as a demotion.  Did he expect to be promoted?

wow

I think all of the structural problems that were identified during this campaign process are no longer going to be dealt with.

Humza is clearly going to run as a continuity figure and just pretend nothing is wrong. I just wonder how long it will be before the house of cards collapses, he clearly has no interest in unifying the party.

How can the SNP focus on independence when they won't even get their own house in order? Depressing

46 minutes ago, aaid said:

Do you understand what the term “junior minister” means?

It means he is not a cabinet Secretary.  

Do you not understand what Ivan McKee brings to the table with his experience ?

"Bring the best talent to the jobs"

17 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Do you not understand what Ivan McKee brings to the table with his experience ?

"Bring the best talent to the jobs"

It’s not a derogatory term.  He reports - or reported - to a Cabinet Secretary, in has case John Swinney while Kate Forbes was on maternity leave.  His portfolio was Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise.  I’m not sure that’s more or less important than any other portfolio, so I don’t see how a sideways move should be considered a demotion.  

Do you think ministers should get to pick the jobs they want?

57 minutes ago, Freeedom said:

I think all of the structural problems that were identified during this campaign process are no longer going to be dealt with.

Humza is clearly going to run as a continuity figure and just pretend nothing is wrong. I just wonder how long it will be before the house of cards collapses, he clearly has no interest in unifying the party.

How can the SNP focus on independence when they won't even get their own house in order? Depressing

its a shambles and I’m sorry to see it despite what some may think.  I would much rather a strong SNP that was more centrist.

my worry is that because humzah is weak, he will appoint left leaning yes men (or women) and those that will not challenge his “progressive” approach.  A strong leader would take the best talent and align the party’s direction and lead. He isn’t capable.

sadly for him, he will get his verdict at the ballot box and that’s when the party will turn against him.

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

Am sure you will work it out Einstein 

Oh, it took me about a minute on Twitter to find out who the rumours were about.

If it were true, it wouldn’t surprise me as that couple have had to deal with disgusting levels of abuse on social media for the past four years or so by people of your ilk.

Chances are it’s just more false smears and lies.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Oh, it took me about a minute on Twitter to find out who the rumours were about.

If it were true, it wouldn’t surprise me as that couple have had to deal with disgusting levels of abuse on social media for the past four years or so by people of your ilk.

Chances are it’s just more false smears and lies.

I like that you are portraying them as the victim