SNP leadership election - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Agreed - and i would resign my membership

I'd strongly consider it too.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Keith Brown dropping out now as well.  I like Keith Brown but I don’t see him as a leader.  Let’s hope we get some decent candidates standing soon.   If - if - he stands it looks like it will be a shoe-in for Angus Robertson.   Before anyone accuses me of being an Angus Robertson fanboy, I voted for Chris McEleny ahead of him in the depute Leader election in 2016. 

That's nothing to be proud of! 🤣

Neil Gray has ruled himself out too ( although to be, I don't think I'd recognise Neil Gray if he passed me in the street!).

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I'd strongly consider it too.

That's nothing to be proud of! 🤣

Neil Gray has ruled himself out too ( although to be, I don't think I'd recognise Neil Gray if he passed me in the street!).

Neil Gray would’ve got my vote because he’s a Chelsea fan as well.

I put McEleny 3rd and Robertson 4th.  I didn’t know anything much about McEleny then and Robertson annoyed me. 

Edited by aaid

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Starting to warm to the idea of Forbes.

Screenshot_20230219-155905_Twitter.jpg

Notice how it is "could" and "may" ?

Vile Unionist pish

Lorna Slater was on Newsnight last week and the exact question about Forbes's religious views and she seemed not bothered

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Vile Unionist pish

Lorna Slater was on Newsnight last week and the exact question about Forbes's religious views and she seemed not bothered

I'm guessing that the Herald wouldn't be the first choice is some anonymous Green source wanted to leak something.

Edited by aaid

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That's correct.

Ally's post suggested to me that he thought it was the SNP who were stopping MPs from applying. The rule you are talking about is a Scottish Parliament rule, not an SNP rule.

We are currently going through the process of appointing a Leader of the SNP. That person doesn't need to be an MSP. The job of FM is a different post and that election won't happen until after NS resigns. As I mentioned earlier, it doesn't have to be the same person doing both jobs. 

Ally's post suggested to me that he thought it was the SNP who were stopping MPs from applying. The rule you are talking about is a Scottish Parliament rule, not an SNP rule.

this bit....  

why is wee doogie Ross am mp and MSP if the parliament don't allow it..

I think it's an snp thing.

1 minute ago, stocky said:

Ally's post suggested to me that he thought it was the SNP who were stopping MPs from applying. The rule you are talking about is a Scottish Parliament rule, not an SNP rule.

this bit....  

why is wee doogie Ross am mp and MSP if the parliament don't allow it..

I think it's an snp thing.

Denying dual mandates is a SNP rule - unless you are Alex Salmond for who the rules got changed.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Vile Unionist pish

Unfortunately it seems increasingly the case that religious, particularly Christian, beliefs are rather lazily bundled together without realising that there may be considerable differences of opinion between different denominations, within different denominations and also how individuals think those beliefs should be worked out in the context of a society that is increasingly both secular but is also multifaith. Tbh Lorna Slater often doesn't seems to be bothered enough to listen to others opinions.

Edited by Hertsscot

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Vile Unionist pish

Get ready for a lot worse this. The unionist media will be going all out to attack whoever gets the gig

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Get ready for a lot worse this. The unionist media will be going all out to attack whoever gets the gig

Candidate A will be too conservative, Candidate B will be too 'woke'. In reality they'll find an excuse to bad mouth whoever gets put forward because they're allergic to the idea that Scotland can be a proper grown up nation making its own decisions.

Seen a couple of clips of the huns chanting about Nicola and ‘stick your independence up your arse’ at Livingston yesterday.

Is this normal? Obviously the huns are predominantly unionist but not exclusively. I didn’t realise it had reached the stage of singing about it at games.

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Seen a couple of clips of the huns chanting about Nicola and ‘stick your independence up your arse’ at Livingston yesterday.

Is this normal? Obviously the huns are predominantly unionist but not exclusively. I didn’t realise it had reached the stage of singing about it at games.

I presumed it was the neanderthal Union Bears in association with the Conservative Party - probably only because of the bombshell this week and not an every week event

Just watched a few videos of Kate Forbes on Youtube

She definitely has what it takes especially when up against Quislings

I am praying that she stands

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

People who have a circular relationship between their religion, their politics and their football club. 

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I presumed it was the neanderthal Union Bears in association with the Conservative Party - probably only because of the bombshell this week and not an every week event

Just watched a few videos of Kate Forbes on Youtube

She definitely has what it takes especially when up against Quislings

I am praying that she stands

I’ve only seen her in action a couple of times but she looked very capable. Now that Mairi Mcallan has ruled herself out I don’t see anyone else to get remotely interested in 🙈

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

People who have a circular relationship between their religion, their politics and their football club. 

Aye obviously but are they in the massive majority? I’m not sure the Indy issue is any better than 50/50 amongst Celtic fans if that’s what you’re getting at?

Try and answer the question for once

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Aye obviously but are they in the massive majority? I’m not sure the Indy issue is any better than 50/50 amongst Celtic fans if that’s what you’re getting at?

Try and answer the question for once

Empty vessels make the most noise.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

You’ve avoided the question again. 
Youre not on fuckin question time here pal and it’s not a quiz, nite nite. 🙈

It’s an impossible question to answer because it’s impossible to gauge what people think unless you ask them.  In 2014 there was some polling done, I think Rangers fans were generally around the same level as the rest of the population.   Those who shout and wave banners get the most attention.   Do all Celtic fans ascribe to the Green Brigade’s viewpoint and have problems spelling?  

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

It’s an impossible question to answer because it’s impossible to gauge what people think unless you ask them.  In 2014 there was some polling done, I think Rangers fans were generally around the same level as the rest of the population.   Those who shout and wave banners get the most attention.   Do all Celtic fans ascribe to the Green Brigade’s viewpoint and have problems spelling?  

I don’t think it’s an impossible question to answer if you’re a Rangers fan. Conversely I’m a Celtic fan who goes to the game every week and I can gauge Indy support at 50/50 maybe slightly in favour.

What are the Green Brigades views on independence, I’m not sure I’ve heard them. I know they’ve made spelling mistakes, so have I. They have also helped run one of the most successful food banks in the UK and travelled to deliver aid to Palestine but hey ho.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

I don’t think it’s an impossible question to answer if you’re a Rangers fan. Conversely I’m a Celtic fan who goes to the game every week and I can gauge Indy support at 50/50 maybe slightly in favour.

What are the Green Brigades views on independence, I’m not sure I’ve heard them. I know they’ve made spelling mistakes, so have I. They have also helped run one of the most successful food banks in the UK and travelled to deliver aid to Palestine but hey ho.

Ah, I remember now, you’re one of those people with a circular relationship as well.  I’d forgotten about that, you were quite vocal about it in the past.  

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Ah, I remember now, you’re one of those people with a circular relationship as well.  I’d forgotten about that, you were quite vocal about it in the past.  

Wow. 
So completely avoid the question and call my character into question? Interesting.

Out if interest what is my ‘circular’ relationship?