SNP leadership election - Page 79 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If i was Forbes i would want to play on the maternity angle in order to distance herself as much as possible from Humza's Government

The public's general perception of him is that he is an idiot

The amount of casual snp voters I have hear saying they can’t vote for him is unreal, likewise those floating voters who would have voted for Kate 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

Yes but that was for the top job that does not come up very often. Also I suspect she saw an opportunity to lead Scotland to independence as FM. I wouldn't be surprised if she stays on maternity for a bit longer. Humza however still needs to reach out to a large number of pretty disillusioned SNP supporters and may need to upset the Greens along the way.

He definitely needs to do something or risk being looked at as weak and being bullied by the greens

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I agree.

From within the party she cannot alienate herself from the core of the party. Ash Regan did that and her leadership campaign was dead in the water as a result. Unity is needed now. Humza would do well to build bridges with her and work together to rebuild.

keep your friends close and enemies closer and all that….

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The only people who keep saying the SNP is finished are huns and unionists...............and maloclm and SamP 🤣🤣 make of that what you will🤣🤣

if only you could see me now, sitting here, with my bowler hat on and orange sash.  Looking up to the picture of the queen on one wall and the painting of gallant William on the other wall, listening to flute band music while I thumb through my season book and old programmes of the might teddy bears.

that’s your view of the stereotypical world.  It’s a bit like saying everyone from Aberdeen works offshore, is mean, and shag sheep!  We all know it’s only half of them that do that 😬

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

If i was Forbes i would want to play on the maternity angle in order to distance herself as much as possible from Humza's Government

The budget for next year got passed only a few weeks ago. The Finance Secretary will have bugger all to do for the next few months anyway. 😉

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The budget for next year got passed only a few weeks ago. The Finance Secretary will have bugger all to do for the next few months anyway. 😉

You trying to say that Finance Secretary is an easy gig?  You weren’t saying that during the election 😉

That last tweet has just reminded me.  I assume that Tartan Tonna got banned for his racist posts at the start of the campaign.   It’s says something good that he seemed to have disappeared without comment from anyone.

35 minutes ago, aaid said:

Disgusting 

It is disgusting however the reality is that he wont be alone with that kind of thinking

As an aside - 20,000 SNP members not voting is another massive whopper that very few seem to have picked up on

1 hour ago, aaid said:

You trying to say that Finance Secretary is an easy gig?  You weren’t saying that during the election 😉

Just like Santa Claus. Only need to work one month a year. 😉

Edited by Orraloon

25 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It is disgusting however the reality is that he wont be alone with that kind of thinking

As an aside - 20,000 SNP members not voting is another massive whopper that very few seem to have picked up on

I think they "lost" all the postal votes. 

44 minutes ago, aaid said:

Good speech there from Lorna Slater, gung-ho on independence. 

Was it like one of the hundreds made since 2014 ?

39 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think they "lost" all the postal votes. 

The only conspiracy worthy is that the SNP membership is only 50,000 odd

20 minutes ago, mariokempes said:

Finished. Totally finished. I was an snp member since 74.  Fuk them now

😂

Is that you making a comeback to the Tamb? You have been missed. You have more important things to think about. We have a game tonight. 😂

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I have no idea who she is, I'm guessing Humza is surrounding himself with his mates?

It's pretty much a ceremonial position. I don't think it's even an official government job? They only invented the position to give one of the Lib Dems a job in the coalition. 

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I actually hope this is the case. I cant see anything other than a shambles and I would rather she wasnt implicated in anyway whatsoever. Not because I am a fangirl, because I think she is our only hope at present.

8 hours ago, aaid said:

That’s not really a good comparison.   Truss was the choice of the members but not the parliamentary party. Humza is the choice of the members - albeit a narrow majority - and the parliamentary party.  Truss implemented a reckless and radical set of policies that in some cases were a complete 180 from the manifesto they’d been elected on, Humza, by all accounts, is the continuity candidate.   He might ultimately make an arse of it but if you’re holding out for some rapid turnaround and Kate Forbes riding into save the day, you’ll be waiting along time. 

There are very few good comparisons at this level. This is the closest I can get in as much as I think it will be a short tenure and Forbes voted in to steady things.

Time will tell who is right. FWIW I hope it doesn’t come to that.