SNP leadership election - Page 73 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Result:

First round

• Yousaf 24,336 (48.2%)
  • Forbes 20,559 (40.7%)
  • Regan 5,599 (11.1%)

Second round

• Yousaf 26,032 (51.6%)
  • Forbes 23,890 (47.3%)
  • Non-transferring 572 (1.1%)

Turnout: 50,494 (70.0%)

So the TAMB once again provng how different it is from the general population. As expected.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

In all seriousness, a narrow win isn’t a great result for the party and Humza Yousaf will need to do a lot to bring those who didn’t vote for him onside if he’s going to heal the rift in the party.   Is he capable of that, I hae ma doots but I hope he can for the party’s sake  

No doubt we will have a few more years of conspiracy theories to look forwards to,

Its  the worst result ever with regards to the split. Only 70% voted as well which is a pretty poor reflection given the importance of the vote.

The only plus side is that literally right after the announcement the door went and I have received 6 bottles of wine which I didn’t order. Someone must have preempted the result and sent me it. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Well done to the SNP members who voted for this joker, today you proved independence isn't your goal.

I have immediately resigned and cancelled my Direct Debit

I funded the SNP because i wanted Independence so there is not point now

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

In all seriousness, a narrow win isn’t a great result for the party and Humza Yousaf will need to do a lot to bring those who didn’t vote for him onside if he’s going to heal the rift in the party.   Is he capable of that, I hae ma doots but I hope he can for the party’s sake  

No doubt we will have a few more years of conspiracy theories to look forwards to,

I think you are right. Closeness of the vote is a real problem, remains to be seen if he can hold the party together.

Im hoping that the SNP now disintegrates and we get a substantial defection to a new pro independence centre right party and Humza can look after what’s left.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

I think you are right. Closeness of the vote is a real problem, remains to be seen if he can hold the party together.

Im hoping that the SNP now disintegrates and we get a substantial defection to a new pro independence centre right party and Humza can look after what’s left.

I wonder how many defections to Alba it would take to move that party towards the mainstream...

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Its  the worst result ever with regards to the split. Only 70% voted as well which is a pretty poor reflection given the importance of the vote.

The only plus side is that literally right after the announcement the door went and I have received 6 bottles of wine which I didn’t order. Someone must have preempted the result and sent me it. 

I think the only way it could’ve been worse, would’ve been if Humza Yousaf had won the FPs but Kate Forbes won it on the transfers - I thought that might have happened. 

I don’t think Ash Regan will be hanging around looking at the state of her puss.  

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I have immediately resigned and cancelled my Direct Debit

I funded the SNP because i wanted Independence so there is not point now

Did the site not crash then?

Just now, Freeedom said:

I expect membership numbers to plummet further. Whether there is any chance of a credible split, I don't really think so. 

It's quite a depressing situation for the independence movement, just have to wait for something to rise out of the ashes.

Pun intended? 😉

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Only 70% voted as well which is a pretty poor reflection given the importance of the vote.

That night be a reflection of the number of folk who joined post indyref who now no longer believe the SNP are the vehicle for independence or that independence is remotely likely in the foreseeable future.

I also think membership numbers will plummet after this. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Suppose that's what happens when folk who live in England and won't have to deal with his incompetence, are allowed a vote.

Seems a strange way to look at things unless you know every scot in england voted for forbes. I didn;t have a vote but if I did it would have been forbes. I live not too far from aaid

on a side note every scot I have met down here is a unionist

4 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

back to voting Tory?

yeah, I have voted SNP since the independence referendum as I fundamentally disagreed with how the unionist parties shafted us with the vow. I am pro independence but right wing.  My constituency was Tory for many years but now is straight fight between Lib Dems and snp.  I could tactical vote for Lib Dems but Cole hamilton is a nob of the highest order and can’t vote for him.

I will look in to Alba, might be tempted to vote there if they can gain momentum.

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

That night be a reflection of the number of folk who joined post indyref who now no longer believe the SNP are the vehicle for independence or that independence is remotely likely in the foreseeable future.

I also think membership numbers will plummet after this. 

I am at the point now where I don't see the SNP are the right people to deliver independence but they are still the only option. How fucking depressing is that 🤬