SNP leadership election - Page 72 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

We'll find out soon enough.

I must admit i'm baffled with folk voting for Ash Regan. They must know something I don't.

I can understand the reasoning behind voting for the other two. Unless it is a tactical second preference vote.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

It'll be unfair on her but I can already feel people I know saying, "if indy is off the table, why am i voting SNP?"

Okay, I can picture that happening. Unfortunately, the same "if indy is off the table..." argument applies if Humza get in as far as I can see it 😟

7 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

maybe you should take your own advice.  just an observation.  I wasn't dismissing it entirely, i was agreeing it's got issues as a demographic.. which you also said..if you read the thread in it's entirety...😕

can't believe you're doubling down on a fairly innocuous and tongue in cheek comment.  😄

have you seen the results aaidy or got out the wrong side of the bed this morning?  for what it's worth, im not fussed.  I quite like hearing what you've got to say. wouldn't be interesting if we all agreed all the time.

Dropped in my inbox an hour ago.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

We'll find out soon enough.

I must admit i'm baffled with folk voting for Ash Regan. They must know something I don't.

I can understand the reasoning behind voting for the other two. Unless it is a tactical second preference vote.

No, they don’t know something you know.

I’ll be amazed if she gets more than 10%.  

1 minute ago, mcguffin said:

Maybe voting for the candidate who emphasised finding a route to independence? (I like Kate and Humza, but I think they come across at best as 'gradualists'?)

OK then it's people who believe her when she says she knows the way. Fair enough I don't believe that she knows a way at all.

I wonder what the venn diagram of Regan believers and "smitty" believers are, is it just one circle?

7 minutes ago, phart said:

OK then it's people who believe her when she says she knows the way. Fair enough I don't believe that she knows a way at all.

I wonder what the venn diagram of Regan believers and "smitty" believers are, is it just one circle?

The majority of Regan votes are those that have remained in the SNP that are pro Alba - which wont be many

She might scoop up a lot of seconds votes from those that have voted for Forbes

I think 10% is an over estimation

3 minutes ago, phart said:

You could be right. Maybe her planned route to independence is rubbish. I don't know. But then what actually are Humza and Kate's planned routes to independence? (I watched/listened to a few of the hustings, they came across as genuinely sincere in their desire for independence, but I honestly couldn't tell you what their planned routes to achieve that were. )

13 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

Maybe voting for the candidate who emphasised finding a route to independence? (I like Kate and Humza, but I think they come across at best as 'gradualists'?)

Regan would get nowhere near independence, She's come across terribly in this full thing. Not much between the ears. Same with Humza, no idea how either of them have got where they have in government. Clueless. 

Watching the odds on Smarkets - Forbes has gone from 9.2 decimal odds (on being the next FM) 3.0 in two and a half hours. Yousaf was 1.1 this morning, now 1.32.

Don't know if this is indicative of something happening, but worth noting nonetheless.

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Regan would get nowhere near independence, She's come across terribly in this full thing. Not much between the ears. Same with Humza, no idea how either of them have got where they have in government. Clueless. 

agreed, the capability of humza in particular is spectacularly low.  I’m astonished that someone like that can get anywhere near the First Ministers job.

taking party politics aside, compare him to the likes of John Smith, Donald Dewar, Thatcher, Salmond, and you would aghast at the gulf.

Humza winning is the best result for the unionist parties as in addition to his lack of capability he will also be least popular with the public.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

agreed, the capability of humza in particular is spectacularly low.  I’m astonished that someone like that can get anywhere near the First Ministers job.

taking party politics aside, compare him to the likes of John Smith, Donald Dewar, Thatcher, Salmond, and you would aghast at the gulf.

Humza winning is the best result for the unionist parties as in addition to his lack of capability he will also be least popular with the public.

For once we are in total agreement

That’s a Poundland sunak , and the end of the ever being the vehicle to independence.

has the cheek to quote John Smith , the guy who’s wife said Tony Blair was a Tory when he succeeded him 

think he’ll get on well with Sir Starmer

In all seriousness, a narrow win isn’t a great result for the party and Humza Yousaf will need to do a lot to bring those who didn’t vote for him onside if he’s going to heal the rift in the party.   Is he capable of that, I hae ma doots but I hope he can for the party’s sake  

No doubt we will have a few more years of conspiracy theories to look forwards to,