SNP leadership election - Page 60 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Please don’t float, this will be very painful for folk, me included 

He cant help himself. And he is not alone by the looks of things. 

Most people who have supported the SNP have done so because of their desire for independence, not some love in of a political party. The party that represents independence going into meltdown is not good news and any supporter of independence who is seeing it as entertaining chaos because they dont like the SNP has no idea what a set back this is. 

It may be of their own making but the implications for independence are huge. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason Humza is getting so many endorsements is mainly down to self interest . ‘Continuity candidate’  is basically saying ‘business as usual’ . 

I am hoping for a Gareth Gates /Will Young outcome, especially as I voted for ‘Will’ both then and now. 

22 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think the reason Humza is getting so many endorsements is mainly down to self interest . ‘Continuity candidate’  is basically saying ‘business as usual’ . 

I am hoping for a Gareth Gates /Will Young outcome, especially as I voted for ‘Will’ both then and now. 

Totally agree re hamza. He's the safe option for most, they're voting to save themselves not to push independence. 

6 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Ok, if she's going to give an answer to everything I'd like to know her favourite sexual position but I'd imagine she'd tell me that's her business. A bit like her religion really. Like it or not she's lost a lot of support because she allowed an interviewer to bully her into answering a question they knew fine well would cause her grief. Not very savvy in politics imo.

Calm yer jets man 🤣

I think it's a bit harsh to say the interviewer bullied her. If it's the Kieron Jenkins one you're referring to I thought it was quite an affable interview, as political interviews go, and she volunteered the information quite freely. 

If I'd been advising her I'd have suggested she just deflect any questions about religion, but maybe she felt it best to get it all out in the open and out of the way early on. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Totally agree re hamza. He's the safe option for most, they're voting to save themselves not to push independence. 

It is interesting that so many MPs and MSPs are so vociferously behind him, far more so than any of the other candidates. Whatever good they see in him, I just don't see it.

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It is interesting that so many MPs and MSPs are so vociferously behind him, far more so than any of the other candidates. Whatever good they see in him, I just don't see it.

Probably a result of them liking him rather than an objective appraisal of his ability to be FM.

26 minutes ago, scotlad said:

If Jim fairly is backing Kate then good enough for me, that man has more integrity than most of them backing humza put together 

To all our detractors whether they be unionist or Alba you will soon find that the SNP is just getting started. There’s a nation that needs its independence and we won’t stop till that job is done

Also from Pete

Vote for Humza ............

17 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Sounds like semi-coherent ramblings of a madman

I don't know who he is and Wings doesnt either

However it seems what he has said in the past has all came to fruition 

Will just need to wait and see

At this juncture of the bin fire nothing is off the table

Edited by Ally Bongo

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I don't know who he is however it seems what he has said in the past has all came to fruition 

Will just need to wait and see

At this juncture of the bin fire nothing is off the table

It mentions seeing evidence but not having evidence.  

It says the NEC is a mess, after us just having been told that NEC has regained control of the party in ousting Murrell. 

It says someone is shitting it after seeing what happened to Lloyd, Murrell and Foote,  when we’ve just been told that Murrell fell on his sword after hanging Foote out to dry.  So what’s Foote done wrong? 

It reads like someone just making up and million different vague comments. 

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

It mentions seeing evidence but not having evidence.  

It says the NEC is a mess, after us just having been told that NEC has regained control of the party in ousting Murrell. 

It says someone is shitting it after seeing what happened to Lloyd, Murrell and Foote,  when we’ve just been told that Murrell fell on his sword after hanging Foote out to dry.  So what’s Foote done wrong? 

It reads like someone just making up and million different vague comments. 

I have seen the last few this lad has wrote and they have all been scarily close to the mark

Can we see what he has said in the past, these things are easily proven. I'm assuming folk have seen what he said to make the claim that his previous assertions have came to fruition. A link to what was said in a date marked post would be sufficient.

26 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Sounds like semi-coherent ramblings of a madman

It's easily proven if he's posting in a comments section. Can link to what he has said, we can see the date, and then a judgment can be made about their claims.

22 minutes ago, phart said:

Can we see what he has said in the past, these things are easily proven. I'm assuming folk have seen what he said to make the claim that his previous assertions have came to fruition. A link to what was said in a date marked post would be sufficient.

I believe in February when the SNP denied that 30,000 members had left the party the "SNP Source" was Smitty who had said on WoS it had been revealed to him the active membership was 81,000

It was also reported in newspapers as well. In fact Dave quoted the newspaper article a couple of pages back.

Which is why a link to a dated post is what is needed to ascertain the veracity of claims being made.

No one has to accept what I think is the burden of proof. However Hitchen's razor applies "what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

So I choose to dismiss it.

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

He cant help himself. And he is not alone by the looks of things. 

Most people who have supported the SNP have done so because of their desire for independence, not some love in of a political party. The party that represents independence going into meltdown is not good news and any supporter of independence who is seeing it as entertaining chaos because they dont like the SNP has no idea what a set back this is. 

It may be of their own making but the implications for independence are huge. 

It IS good news and it's not a setback. The independence cause might need to take a step back but it's going to take a hell of a lot more steps forward now that stinking, festering cabal at the heart of the SNP is being reamed out.

I'd like to see all the careerists, expense-collectors and trough-slurpers cleared out as well and have them replaced with folk that'll actually fight for independence.  The sooner the likes of Black, Nicholson, Blackford, Blackman, Law, Wishart and the rest GTF the better.

Does anybody seriously believe - even the most deluded disciple of the Church of St Nikla - that employing that bstrd Murray Foote was a good idea or in any way, shape or form acceptable?  The architect of The Vow FFS!  The man who probably did more than any other person to fck us over in 2014 and Sturgeon employed the bstrd!

Let the blood-letting continue!  I really hope this Smitty character is the real deal.

Let not forget @thplinthwas massacred on her for only telling what ended up being the truth,  there is not one bit of me happy about this, I wish I fuck it weren’t. I always say everything needs to be looked at regardless of how crazy it sounds. Sturgeon has well and truely done to the snp what Blair did to labour 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

40 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Let not forget @thplinthwas massacred on her for only telling what ended up being the truth,  there is not one bit of me happy about this, I wish I fuck it weren’t. I always say everything needs to be looked at regardless of how crazy it sounds. Sturgeon has well and truely done to the snp what Blair did to labour 

In fairness apart from the GRR hoo ha all that's been revealed so far is that the SNP NEC hid the membership drop

It's all up in the air and the next couple of weeks might, or might not reveal more

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

In fairness apart from the GRR hoo ha all that's been revealed so far is that the SNP NEC hid the membership drop

It's all up in the air and the next couple of weeks might, or might not reveal more

It’s going to reveal more, folk are openly speaking about all the alphabetic accusers openly now.I accused sturgeon of being a plant back in 2017 in one of theses threads. At this rate I will be proven right. The scale of the corruption is staggering and will be the biggest political news story ever in Scotland