Managers Thread.... - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Managers Thread....

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a few bookies have Postecoglu as favourite for the Spurs job now that Arne Slot is staying with Feyenoord.  Interestingly Rodgers seems to be joint or second favourite with most of them.  Could we see Ange going to Spurs and Brendan back at Celtic?

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I see a few bookies have Postecoglu as favourite for the Spurs job now that Arne Slot is staying with Feyenoord.  Interestingly Rodgers seems to be joint or second favourite with most of them.  Could we see Ange going to Spurs and Brendan back at Celtic?

Cant see that being a popular move from Celtic fans. Also, I dont think Rodgers would have anything to gain by returning. He is still in consideration for EPL jobs so I suspect he will end up somewhere like West Ham.

29 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Cant see that being a popular move from Celtic fans. Also, I dont think Rodgers would have anything to gain by returning. He is still in consideration for EPL jobs so I suspect he will end up somewhere like West Ham.

Fair point.  He also seems to be in the running for the Leeds job but guess that would depend on them staying up, which I don't think they will.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:07 PM, Fairbairn said:

Ange is going nowhere. Atleast for 1 more season. It's not a out money with him, and Tottenham are skint. I trust his words but then again I trusted Brendan Rogers,  who will never be welcomed back at Celtic again.. I hope I am correct. I love big Ange...

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

Dundee appoint Tony Docherty (Derek McInnes's regular assistant) as manager. Don't know how much that'll excite Dee fans.

It doesn't, not one bit.

A guy in his 50s, never managed before. A massive rebuilding job at Dundee, and we hire a guy who has never done it before, its laughable.

He won't last the season, neither should Strachan the cunt. We will be relegated soon enough.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

It doesn't, not one bit.

A guy in his 50s, never managed before. A massive rebuilding job at Dundee, and we hire a guy who has never done it before, its laughable.

He won't last the season, neither should Strachan the cunt. We will be relegated soon enough.

It's one out of left field. He might surprise a few people like Barry Robson did. No experience as a No 1 but plenty experience in football. 

Appointing someone who excites the fans is extremely difficult for a club like Dundee, in fact it's extremely difficult for almost every SPFL club

Aberdeens last 4 appointments didn't get the fans buzzing. Most dons fans were a bit meh at the mcinnes appointment aft3t his poor spell at Bristol City but it worked out for a while. 

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

A different picture may have been appropriate 

Yeah, I know, I get that. I just don't think it's a huge thing. What do the angry people expect, that he didn't give a monkeys when he was at his previous club? That he was just biding his time till Dundee (club of his dreams) came along?

Anyway, I don't care either way. Do Dundee fans on here care?

Looks increasingly like the interest in Ange from Spurs is genuine. Could be one to watch next week after the Cup final.

I hope there’s been some succession planning done in the boardroom for a change, it’s not like they haven’t had any warning. 🤔

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Looks increasingly like the interest in Ange from Spurs is genuine. Could be one to watch next week after the Cup final.

I hope there’s been some succession planning done in the boardroom for a change, it’s not like they haven’t had any warning. 🤔

It's getting worrying.. I love him, but if he goes, he goes. Fucking Tottenham ?? Triple wages, budget to spend, going up against the big guns, it's tempting for sure.. Time will tell...

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It's getting worrying.. I love him, but if he goes, he goes. Fucking Tottenham ?? Triple wages, budget to spend, going up against the big guns, it's tempting for sure.. Time will tell...

Think Brendan Rodgers is available 😜

10 hours ago, slasher said:

There isnt anybody that springs to mind that would fall into the Rodgers category. Ie shown to be an exciting good manager but recently sacked and needs a couple of seasons to rebuild reputation.

Going abroad is more likely id say but is abit more of a risk. Ange for sure was a real find.

21 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

There isnt anybody that springs to mind that would fall into the Rodgers category. Ie shown to be an exciting good manager but recently sacked and needs a couple of seasons to rebuild reputation.

Going abroad is more likely id say but is abit more of a risk. Ange for sure was a real find.

Potter. Although I’d imagine he’ll get an EPL gig next season. Can see him at Everton actually. 

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Davie Moyes doesn’t exactly fit the exciting category but he’ll be available in the summer. 

13 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Think Brendan Rodgers is available 😜

That’s not as wild a suggestion as you might think.

Rodgers left on good terms with the board if not the fans. He had a couple of big fall outs with Lawwell, not least over the botched pursuit of Castagne and the signing of Shved, but as far as I hear they had smoothed things over before he left. Whether they would want to work together again is another matter and as DS points out Rodgers still has some standing in epl circles. He’d definitely be in the frame I think.

I’m not convinced Ange will go but he’ll definitely want to talk to Spurs and the club will have no choice but to let him. Hopefully Levy’s track record will be enough to put him off. If he goes, he’ll go with everyone’s best wishes as he has conducted himself properly as Ronny Deila did before him.

Whoever is the Celtic manager in the summer will likely have the biggest budget any Celtic manager has ever had so I hope the board have their ducks in a row. If I was guessing, if Ange did go, I’d reckon we’d be going for another CGN recommendation rather than Brendan but you never know.