Managers Thread.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Managers Thread....

Another new topic. Anything relating to football Managers, assistants, coaching staff. Sacked, incoming, shite decisions, anything related. 

I will start as this one never goes away. Big Ange to Leeds. Never going to happen. Ange will leave one day, bit not yet, he still has a work in progress, and he seems like a loyal guy, then again, we thought that about BR. When he does go, it will be a big club, not a wee diddy club like Leeds. I love the guy, but he will move on, so I will enjoy him while he is with Celtic....

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Would be surprised if Hughes got near the job, ex manager of Poland now being mentioned.

Ange to Leeds? You never know in football.

I can't see it. Ange is not BR, he loves it at Celtic, but then again, there is always that temptation, but Leeds? No chance... I hope..😢

15 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Would be surprised if Hughes got near the job, ex manager of Poland now being mentioned.

Ange to Leeds? You never know in football.

When was the last time Aberdeen had a Foreign manager? Maybe that's the problem.. All the good Scottish managers end up in England..😁

14 minutes ago, Debian said:

Ange isn't getting a top 4 / 6 Team.  If he goes to Leeds he'll do well.

I'd be tempted by it, as the guy on Talksport said this morning.  "Leeds are a bigger team than Celtic; not as big as Rangers though" 

I'm rolling on the floor🤣🤣🤣🤣

Postecoglou would be mad to pass up the challenge in the EPL. Theres nothing for him in Scotland unless he is happy being the big fish in a really small pond. 

Wilder has apparently said No to the dons so who the fuck knows where they go now. The bookies list is not inspiring, Yogi Hughes has applied and the Polish lad is apparently hated and possibly corrupt, fuck it get the pole in for a laugh

Truth be told. All sevconians are praying Ange leaves, he is that good. Anyway, this could be a good thread, don't want to turn it into Celtic v sevco again. 

South of the border, Scott Brown made history with Fleetwood Town yesterday breaching the 5th round of the FA cup for the first time. I follow Brown as one day he will either manage Celtic or Scotland. He is going about it the right way. Start in the lower leagues, and learn your trade. Great result for him. Aberdeen maybe should have held on to Brown, but who knows what was going on at the time.. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I can't see it. Ange is not BR, he loves it at Celtic, but then again, there is always that temptation, but Leeds? No chance... I hope..😢

I don't think he'll leave but think you're underestimating how big a club Leeds are.  A proper sleeping giant down there.  I also don't think he's what Leeds need right now.  They need someone, Like Everton did, who can grind out wins and get points on the board between now and May.  Ange would want to take his brand of football down there and I don't think he'd initially get the results needed over the short term.  He's much better suited to going to an EPL team at the start of the season where he'll have a bit of time to get the players up to speed with how he wants them to play (similar to his start at Celtic which didn't exactly set the heather on fire),

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't think he'll leave but think you're underestimating how big a club Leeds are.  A proper sleeping giant down there.  I also don't think he's what Leeds need right now.  They need someone, Like Everton did, who can grind out wins and get points on the board between now and May.  Ange would want to take his brand of football down there and I don't think he'd initially get the results needed over the short term.  He's much better suited to going to an EPL team at the start of the season where he'll have a bit of time to get the players up to speed with how he wants them to play (similar to his start at Celtic which didn't exactly set the heather on fire),

Good post. Agree about Ange...

Ange will be off like a shot for an interview at Leeds. They'll look at his CV with great victories over St Johnstone, Ross County and Livingston then tell him to piss off back up the road. Winning a two horse race won't Impress anyone. Still an unproven manager. He'll need to try and get a job in the Championship and do well there first. They'll learn from Aston Villa's disaster with Gerrard.

4 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Ange will be off like a shot for an interview at Leeds. They'll look at his CV with great victories over St Johnstone, Ross County and Livingston then tell him to piss off back up the road. Winning a two horse race won't Impress anyone. Still an unproven manager. He'll need to try and get a job in the Championship and do well there first. They'll learn from Aston Villa's disaster with Gerrard.

Well Gerrard started off with a wee team up in Scotland and that never helped him.. Ange won the Asian Cup with Australia, took them to 2 World Cups, and was highly successful in Japan's top flight winning trophies. Celtic have come from a shambles to a side that on its day, go toe to toe with the best in the World. Real Madrid for instance. Don't get me started now !!🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well Gerrard started off with a wee team up in Scotland and that never helped him.. Ange won the Asian Cup with Australia, took them to 2 World Cups, and was highly successful in Japan's top flight winning trophies. Celtic have come from a shambles to a side that on its day, go toe to toe with the best in the World. Real Madrid for instance. Don't get me started now !!🤣🤣🤣

At the risk of causing a combustion here Ramy, I wouldn't call getting cuffed 3-0 and 5-1 "going toe to toe"!!  Ange has undoubtedly improved Celtic domestically and they play some attractive football but the real determining factor of his success should be whether he improves them in Europe or not and, based on this season, he hasn't.

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

At the risk of causing a combustion here Ramy, I wouldn't call getting cuffed 3-0 and 5-1 "going toe to toe"!!  Ange has undoubtedly improved Celtic domestically and they play some attractive football but the real determining factor of his success should be whether he improves them in Europe or not and, based on this season, he hasn't.

To be completely honest, it's too much of a leap for us. Hoe can you compete with Football clubs that spend 100s millions on players. CL is corrupt anyway.. I'm quite happy to win on Scotland every year.. Maybe a good run in Europa league...

Here is a decent question. How many Scottish managers who have managed before with a bit of experience are out of work just now. Lambert, Levien, McGee, McLeish, etc that would manage back in Scotland. I'm not saying a fit for Aberdeen, just a straight forward question.. I don't even know if these coaches are available at the moment...

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

To be completely honest, it's too much of a leap for us. Hoe can you compete with Football clubs that spend 100s millions on players. CL is corrupt anyway.. I'm quite happy to win on Scotland every year.. Maybe a good run in Europa league...

With the greatest of respect, isn't that a bit narrow minded?  Real Madrid>Celtic is exactly the same as Celtic>Aberdeen or 39 of the other 40 teams in the league.  With the financial gulf between Celtic and the rest they should be winning everything in Scotland, there comes a point where it stops becoming an achievement (and that's not Celtic's fault, to a degree nor would I expect you not to celebrate domestic wins). 

Surely you want to see them improve in Europe as a real barometer of success.  I know I enjoyed games in our 2 recent UEFA/Europa runs way more than the majority of domestic games I've seen us be successful in over the years.

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Here is a decent question. How many Scottish managers who have managed before with a bit of experience are out of work just now. Lambert, Levien, McGee, McLeish, etc that would manage back in Scotland. I'm not saying a fit for Aberdeen, just a straight forward question.. I don't even know if these coaches are available at the moment...

All out of work as far as I can tell and all dinosaurs.  I'm pretty sure Levein and McGhee are both retired.