Elliot Anderson. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Elliot Anderson.

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

This crawling after these (don't want to commit)guys is getting f..ing embarrassing.Give it a f..ing rest Clarke.

Aye it’s pathetic behaviour, but not surprising from a downtrodden nation such as the one we live in.

I’m guessing Clarke ended the conversation with something like, ‘well, if you change your mind or England don’t come calling just give me a call and we’ll get you capped’

8 hours ago, Daz1982 said:

Aye it’s pathetic behaviour, but not surprising from a downtrodden nation such as the one we live in.

I’m guessing Clarke ended the conversation with something like, ‘well, if you change your mind or England don’t come calling just give me a call and we’ll get you capped’

There must be a lot of downtrodden nations out there then as that's the reality of the rules & life. Certainly most of the African nations coaches have the same conversations regularly with players eligible to them.

Maybe we should just be more grateful we've actually got a international team at all as there's plenty nations out there that question why we do.

This as got Sam Gallagher written all over it . He like Anderson thought he would try his luck with England and failed miserably. 

Playing at Blackburn now in the English championship and nowhere near international football. 

I've seen Elliott Anderson a few times and he isnt that good so I cant see him getting called up by them 

3 hours ago, noctonjock said:

This as got Sam Gallagher written all over it . He like Anderson thought he would try his luck with England and failed miserably. 

Playing at Blackburn now in the English championship and nowhere near international football. 

I've seen Elliott Anderson a few times and he isnt that good so I cant see him getting called up by them 

Early days for Anderson though. Need regular football at championship level or higher to see how good he is. Not fair to judge on a few minutes here & there for Newcastle.

Gallagher is nothing special , certainty hope we aren't desperate enough to have to ask him again.

3 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Doak looks the better prospect 

20 minutes ago, daviebee said:

So we'll do as a back-up option in case he isn't good enough for his own country? This Anderson character can fck right off.

Beats me how any Scotland fan would want a pr*ck like that near our team.

Exactly. To let arseholes like Gunn and Anderson f.. k us about and then welcome them with open arms shows a pathetic lack of self respect. Chase the p.. cks. 

15 hours ago, Arbroath1320 said:

Agbonlahor, Gallagher... Anderson will get 15 minutes against a bunch of no-hopers in a match that doesn't matter to stop him playing for Scotland.

Agbonlahor was a case of we had been fed some bum info.... while his mum is Scottish, the story that got out was he was close to his mum but despised his dad, but in realty, it was his mum he could not stand and he had not seen her in 20 years (and had spoken not to kindly of her in the press over the years).

So that was never going to happen.

Apart from a slow news day story back in the Strachan days, after he went on a run of scoring 6 goals in 4 games, Gallagher has never been linked with a recall, and doubt he ever will be (unless he goes on a crazy goal scoring streak)

Edited by wanderer

5 hours ago, bigfingers said:

He's miles away from an England call up. 

He certainly is at this point in time. When you think that regular EPL players like Harvey Barnes, Conor Gallagher and James Madison can barely get look-in for England, it seems unlikely that someone warming the bench for Newcastle, save for a few minutes towards the end, is going to attract Gareth Southgate's attention.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:40 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Get to Fuck !!! If Clarke even looks in this cunts direction after that comment, he should resign, and I will never support Scotland until Clarke leaves. This is a fucking disgrace if this Anderson cunt gets a sniff ever again. What's next, GSTK at Hampden at our home matches??? 🤮🤮

The way I see it 

He's English and he wants to play for England nothing wrong with that, good luck to the lad. If he changes his mind in a few years and came back in and improved our squad all for it 

Its the price we pay for trying to blood in English youngsters at the youth level. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, see Ireland with Rice, Grealish & Bamford. However still think its the right policy as if we didnt we would be well behind in the future  

Wales and Ireland are very good at it, our issue is i dont think were as good as connecting with the Non Scottish Born Youth players that we get playing for us in the youth teams possibly needs improving so we get stronger loyalty and commitment from them at a younger age 

2 minutes ago, borojock said:

The way I see it 

He's English and he wants to play for England nothing wrong with that, good luck to the lad. If he changes his mind in a few years and came back in and improved our squad all for it 

Its the price we pay for trying to blood in English youngsters at the youth level. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, see Ireland with Rice, Grealish & Bamford. However still think its the right policy as if we didnt we would be well behind in the future  

Wales and Ireland are very good at it, our issue is i dont think were as good as connecting with the Non Scottish Born Youth players that we get playing for us in the youth teams possibly needs improving so we get stronger loyalty and commitment from them at a younger age 

Great post 👍

6 hours ago, borojock said:

The way I see it 

No voter mentality. Happy to play second fiddle to our ‘superior’ neighbours, no ambition or belief that we can be better than them!!

7 hours ago, borojock said:

The way I see it 

With complete respect mate, he won't be "changing his mind"...He will be "not good enough" therefore will try his luck with Scotland who he turned his back on in the first place. We are not second fiddle to any cunt. There are Scottish boys born and bred that would bleed for the dark blue. How about picking them instead of this part time cunt !! Just my view mate, nothing personal..  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

On 3/15/2023 at 9:15 PM, thesaint said:

This crawling after these (don't want to commit)guys is getting f..ing embarrassing.Give it a f..ing rest Clarke.

Correct 

On 3/15/2023 at 10:12 PM, Arbroath1320 said:

Agbonlahor, Gallagher... Anderson will get 15 minutes against a bunch of no-hopers in a match that doesn't matter to stop him playing for Scotland.

Hope so then we don't need to look at them

On 3/16/2023 at 12:32 PM, daviebee said:

So we'll do as a back-up option in case he isn't good enough for his own country? This Anderson character can fck right off.

Beats me how any Scotland fan would want a pr*ck like that near our team.

Correct

On 3/16/2023 at 12:57 PM, thesaint said:

Exactly. To let arseholes like Gunn and Anderson f.. k us about and then welcome them with open arms shows a pathetic lack of self respect. Chase the p.. cks. 

Correct

7 hours ago, borojock said:

The way I see it 

Absolutely not, fuck the cunts. Get Scottish boys in that want to play for us instead of half rate English cunts that use us as a wee contract improver. Utter baws.

8 hours ago, Daz1982 said:

No voter mentality. Happy to play second fiddle to our ‘superior’ neighbours, no ambition or belief that we can be better than them!!

What evidence in the last 50 years has there been that we can be better then England - would love to know what your building your belief on that we can better than England

At no point in my original post did i mention us trying to be better than England or compare our performance to them - but impressive how you try and turn this into a political post with your first sentence congrats. In reality i'm not bothered what England do if they win the next tournament or don't qualify for it either way i have no real interest.   

My point was I encourage Scotland to follow what some of the other smaller footballing nations (which unfortunately i count ourslevs in) are doing in trying to identify and blood in promising youth footballers who are born outside their country but eligble to play for us. Sometimes this works out however sometimes like the case of Anderson it doesnt. However over the long term i think this would put us in a stronger position