Six Nations 2023 - Page 5 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations 2023

vanderark14

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

This has been the best team for a while, at least we're no longer wooden spoon favourites with Italy anymore. What worries me however is how dependent we are on overseas talent and how frequently our junior teams get beat.

Really good and exciting team to watch recently

13 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

This has been the best team for a while, at least we're no longer wooden spoon favourites with Italy anymore. What worries me however is how dependent we are on overseas talent and how frequently our junior teams get beat.

Hard to disagree with this. We definitely rely on overseas talent or the grand parent/parent rule. 

It's a tough one because we don't have the massive pool of players available like other nations and we only have 3 professional sides

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

LOL

The sporting face of Better Together - thank fuck i gave up on that Sport after 2014

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

LOL

The sporting face of Better Together - thank fuck i gave up on that Sport after 2014

Why would you give up an entire sport like that?

I'll still support scotland in pretty much anything.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why would you give up an entire sport like that?

I'll still support scotland in pretty much anything.

Pretty easy - when you realise it's just a facade you just become indifferent in the main win or lose

Going by the comments on Scottish Rugby's FB and Twatter pages there are a lot that will be joining me

The SRU has long been known as a "closed shop"

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Pretty easy - when you realise it's just a facade you just become indifferent in the main win or lose

Going by the comments on Scottish Rugby's FB and Twatter pages there are a lot that will be joining me

The SRU has long been known as a "closed shop"

The Scottish football team will no doubt have some staunch unionists in it. Are you going to stop supporting Scotland?

17 hours ago, bonzo said:

Stuart Hogg retires from Rugby Union with immediate effect. 

Shame it's happened this side of the World Cup. We have had some outstanding fullbacks over the years and he must be right up there. He has been a fantastic servant for Scottish rugby and will be a very hard act to follow.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:45 PM, vanderark14 said:

The Scottish football team will no doubt have some staunch unionists in it. Are you going to stop supporting Scotland?

I havent been to a Scotland game since 2014

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do you still go to Scotland football matches?

Nope - that's what i said

In fairness the referendum vote was only part of my reasons for stopping after over 30 years but a big part

The thought of singing Flower of Scotland gives me the cringe

23 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would have thought that was obvious

Erm no not really. I can't believe anyone would let the referendum stop them from going to support their football team 

On 7/10/2023 at 5:52 PM, vanderark14 said:

£82 for the world cup top.

No thanks SRU. That's another own goal they've scored in the last week

Must admit - I do like the rugby World Cup tops.  They look class without the sponsor and the WC embroidery on but £82 isn’t cheap.  

I’ll maybe see if they still have my sizes when they go on sale after the tourney. I don’t think I’ve bought a full price Rugby top ever tbh despite having 4 or 5 now from over the years. 

• 2 months later...