SNP Bad stories - post them here - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP Bad stories - post them here

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd love to hear any justification for that nonce not being in jail. 

More chance of being in jail for having some pyro at the football. 

It's mind boggling.  He repeatedly raped a child.  He was 17, not 7 and 270 hours community service is an insult to the victim.  There is no justification for that sentence and as you say, we're seeing people jailed or threatened with it for singing songs and taking pyro to football matches.  it's a fucking disgrace whoever is responsible for it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

It's mind boggling.  He repeatedly raped a child.  He was 17, not 7 and 270 hours community service is an insult to the victim.  There is no justification for that sentence and as you say, we're seeing people jailed or threatened with it for singing songs and taking pyro to football matches.  it's a fucking disgrace whoever is responsible for it.

Who has actually been jailed solely for taking pyro to the football?

Just now, Fairbairn said:

That's why I said threatened with, although way to deliberately miss the point.

You said.  “We’re seeing people jailed or threatened”, so I’m not sure what point I’m missing.

Hyperbolic whataboutery isn’t helpful.

This sentence is ridiculous, the judge has made a serious error.  I will be amazed if it doesn’t get overturned on appeal.  

I was filling up with petrol this morning and had a glance at some paper headlines (usual suspects). Iirc the SNP were getting blamed. It's feeding the narrative that SNPs soft on crime and anti-women (Tories gearing up a la Trump for a culture war). There have been equally ludicrous sentences passed by judges in England but they were reported differently with the individual judge being blamed rather than the guidelines.

The singing and pyro are irrelevant in this , as is the fact other outrageous sentences are passed in other parts of the Uk. Although the hypocrisy is revolting. 

The fact is that this is an appalling let off for a crime of that nature. As FB says, he was 17 not 7.
I realise prison is not suitable for every crime but ffs , rape? And where did this 25 age come from?
I can see from a link in that report that says ‘’The council said its decision was based on scientific evidence that the brain is not fully developed below that age’’

So,  are we saying people below 25 dont have a brain that is developed enough to distinguish whether or not to rape a 13 yr old child,,but their brain is developed enough that they can vote in an election to choose a government who put those laws in place? 
Utter nonsense. Can’t believe I am agreeing with the Tories but this is unacceptable. 

Cannot believe either that Donald Findlay is going to appeal this . Wtf, how much lighter a sentence can he get ? 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The singing and pyro are irrelevant in this , as is the fact other outrageous sentences are passed in other parts of the Uk. Although the hypocrisy is revolting. 

The fact is that this is an appalling let off for a crime of that nature. As FB says, he was 17 not 7.
I realise prison is not suitable for every crime but ffs , rape? And where did this 25 age come from?
I can see from a link in that report that says ‘’The council said its decision was based on scientific evidence that the brain is not fully developed below that age’’

So,  are we saying people below 25 dont have a brain that is developed enough to distinguish whether or not to rape a 13 yr old child,,but their brain is developed enough that they can vote in an election to choose a government who put those laws in place? 
Utter nonsense. Can’t believe I am agreeing with the Tories but this is unacceptable. 

Cannot believe either that Donald Findlay is going to appeal this . Wtf, how much lighter a sentence can he get ? 

The guidelines are supposed to prioritise rehabilitation for under 25s, prison does not aid rehabilitation.   

They are guidelines and do not preclude a custodial sentence in any situation let alone rape.

A thread explaining what the guidelines do and do not say.  

Edited by aaid

You can get married at 16, change gender at 16, vote at 16. I get it that the brain might not be fully developed until 25 but surely a teenager understands that rape is illegal and seriously wrong (I regularly taught sexual offences to 14-18 year olds) as part of PSHE lessons. The guidelines with their emphasis on rehabilitation and trying to steer young offenders away from prison are probably a good thing. In my book the judge got it badly wrong but according to Murdo Fraser, Annie Wells etc. it's all the SNPs fault. 

32 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

You can get married at 16, change gender at 16, vote at 16. I get it that the brain might not be fully developed until 25 but surely a teenager understands that rape is illegal and seriously wrong (I regularly taught sexual offences to 14-18 year olds) as part of PSHE lessons. The guidelines with their emphasis on rehabilitation and trying to steer young offenders away from prison are probably a good thing. In my book the judge got it badly wrong but according to Murdo Fraser, Annie Wells etc. it's all the SNPs fault. 

No one is saying that a 17 year old shouldn’t go to jail for rape.  People are lying that the guidelines say that though and some people are swallowing those lies hook, line and sinker. 

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

No one is saying that a 17 year old shouldn’t go to jail for rape.  People are lying that the guidelines say that though and some people are swallowing those lies hook, line and sinker. 

Agreed and people who should know better (various MSPs and newspaper editors) are happily peddling those lies.

Call me cynical but isn’t  the ‘a conviction for being caught bang to rights will harm this criminals future’ a defense for private school cunts ? 
sure someone will correct me if I am wrong about KC Findlay’s client this time. 

5 hours ago, aaid said:

The guidelines are supposed to prioritise rehabilitation for under 25s, prison does not aid rehabilitation.   

They are guidelines and do not preclude a custodial sentence in any situation let alone rape.

A thread explaining what the guidelines do and do not say.  

I realise they are guidelines but surely there should be an example of what the minimum sentence should be for  crimes of this nature? Who in their right mind can think community service is a satisfactory sentence for the rape of a 13 yr old ?
Of course rehabilitation is more preferable to prison but not for a crime of this nature. What type of signal does this send ? That if you are 25 or under you will be given a sympathetic hearing if you commit rape ? 
I am really surprised this got through last year without clearer guidelines around serious crimes. I am assuming these dont exist or the judge would have to abide by these. 

38 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I realise they are guidelines but surely there should be an example of what the minimum sentence should be for  crimes of this nature? Who in their right mind can think community service is a satisfactory sentence for the rape of a 13 yr old ?
Of course rehabilitation is more preferable to prison but not for a crime of this nature. What type of signal does this send ? That if you are 25 or under you will be given a sympathetic hearing if you commit rape ? 
I am really surprised this got through last year without clearer guidelines around serious crimes. I am assuming these dont exist or the judge would have to abide by these. 

If you listen to the sentencing for high profile cases that are broadcast or read the judges sentencing, that are subsequently published, these give a breakdown of how the sentence came about, starting point for sentence, factors that mitigating factors that will reduce the sentence and aggravating factors that will increase it.

SNP baaaaad , simple . 
Create a thread on the tartan tranny site that does what it says , even pretend to give one. 
political parties may all have proven easy to infiltrate and subvert . Given a history of deviant upbringing for those due to rule ( u all get the apartheid education the uk depends on) .

the simple figures of the masses is what scares . This veteran of the class war is enjoying that this decade is looking epic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 12:21 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

The 25 guidelines are utter nonsense. 

If you rape somebody, you should do time if an adult. 

He was old enough to get married, he is old enough to do time for rape. 

Probably a good job that he wasn’t sent to jail as his sentence has just been overturned.

A miscarriage of justice as the judge misdirected the jury, insufficient evidence to convict.

What an absolutely embarrassing state of affairs.