SNP Bad stories - post them here - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP Bad stories - post them here

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Oh no not another thread for SNP bad given that the Independence thread has been taken over by unionists and Salmond fanboys for that purpose.

The point is to highlight ridiculous stories like the one above.  

I haven’t read it as it’s behind a paywall but I bet it’s off the back of a FOI request.  Someone’s put a lot of work into this particular story. 

14 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Oh no not another thread for SNP bad given that the Independence thread has been taken over by unionists and Salmond fanboys for that purpose.

I think this thread could have some comedy value to it. I burst out laughing when I saw the headline.

Can you imagine if the SNP Ministers took say 100 flights from Prestwick................they'd be accused of murdering the planet

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think this thread could have some comedy value to it. I burst out laughing when I saw the headline.

Can you imagine if the SNP Ministers took say 100 flights from Prestwick................they'd be accused of murdering the planet

Or be accused of having too many holidays.  . 

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, aaid said:

BBC Lunchtime news.

“How record low unemployment is making it difficult for the hospitality industry to fill vacancies”

what next, Cancer cure threat to oncologists futures. 

repudiation of death penalty puts executors out of work.

5 minutes ago, phart said:

repudiation of death penalty puts executors out of work.

Believe the job of executioner was part-time and you were paid per execution

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Never flown out of Prestwick either, maybe got something to do with the lack of airlines /destinations that fly from there.

It's okay if your going to the Canaries on Ryan Air

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

It's okay if your going to the Canaries on Ryan Air

Do they host a lot of world political events the Canaries, suppose they could go and say they were looking at how they could improve our leisure sector by seeing how they promote their tourism sector in the Canaries. Could be lots of happy hours and flamenco shows about to hit our shores. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Fairly accurate.

Disagree

'Scotland is shite' is sufficient, and covers all of the unionist press briefings

Any SNP add on is a deliberate smokescreen in order to polarise the 'shite' comment, taking it to another level

Replacing 'and it's the SNP's fault' with 'and so are those who believe in her' is what they really mean

You always conflate the two

Twitter is fucked again - seeing tweets from accounts i dont follow on both "For You" and "Following" feeds

Thanks Humza

Didn't know whether to post here or on the news thread. Man walks free from court after raping a 13 year old. At the time of the offences he was 17 and the light sentence it's reported is due to guidelines brought in last year. BBC surprisingly not mentioned SNP in article but seeing they're in charge of the justice system they're getting a lot of stick on line. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65164041

Me, I blame it on the judge but it feeds a growing narrative that the SNP are soft on crime and more concerned with offenders than victims 

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Didn't know whether to post here or on the news thread. Man walks free from court after raping a 13 year old. At the time of the offences he was 17 and the light sentence it's reported is due to guidelines brought in last year. BBC surprisingly not mentioned SNP in article but seeing they're in charge of the justice system they're getting a lot of stick on line. 

Me, I blame it on the judge but it feeds a growing narrative that the SNP are soft on crime and more concerned with offenders than victims 

I'd love to hear any justification for that nonce not being in jail. 

More chance of being in jail for having some pyro at the football. 

part of the problem with the snp of late is that some members cant be critical of the party and guide it, a lot of this has to be blamed on project fear, during the run up to the referendum we became immune to the total shit the MSM were throwing at us, so we developed a siege mentality and we pretty much shrugged off any snp bad stories and back then it was correct however we have now got a government shaped by the murrells who have completely taken advantage of that siege mentality we have and used it to further their own agendas as opposed to furthering the cause for independence, some very intelligent folk seem to have the inability to be critical of the party and to me that comes down to the siege mentality we had during indy ref  

14 hours ago, Redz said:

Disagree

'Scotland is shite' is sufficient, and covers all of the unionist press briefings

Any SNP add on is a deliberate smokescreen in order to polarise the 'shite' comment, taking it to another level

Replacing 'and it's the SNP's fault' with 'and so are those who believe in her' is what they really mean

You always conflate the two

"Scotland's shite and it's all the SNP's fault" IS the BBC's Scotland narrative and why I no longer watch or listen to anything on the BBC other than Off The Ball. 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

The usual suspects (newspapers) are blaming it on the SNP of course.   No exact explanation why it is the SNP’s fault though.

I’d be surprised if it didn’t get turned over on appeal.

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

part of the problem with the snp of late is that some members cant be critical of the party and guide it, a lot of this has to be blamed on project fear, during the run up to the referendum we became immune to the total shit the MSM were throwing at us, so we developed a siege mentality and we pretty much shrugged off any snp bad stories and back then it was correct however we have now got a government shaped by the murrells who have completely taken advantage of that siege mentality we have and used it to further their own agendas as opposed to furthering the cause for independence, some very intelligent folk seem to have the inability to be critical of the party and to me that comes down to the siege mentality we had during indy ref  

Agreed, we need to change our attitude, sadly it's a very difficult thing to do when you are faced with an opposition tactic such as the social terrorism of Project Fear or Project Hate. Probably the biggest disappointment for me of the whole indy debate has been the utterly repulsive attitude towards us from the brits.