Will we turn up - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will we turn up

GLOSTA

Not booked yet. I have this plan of Flying to Batumi and travelling internally to Tbilisi depending if I have the time to take off. Assuming it's in Tbilisi of course

Hopefully the squad has matured beyond this type of trip being a huge banana skin. It wont be easy as I've started to notice a few Georgian players pop up in some good teams in Europe.

That said I hadn't started travelling before the last 2 visits so buzzing to go.

• 1 month later...

Been kicking off in Tbilisi last few nights in a big way..... the Pro-Putin Government are trying to introduce a limit of free speech bill, and its got people out in force on the streets, with riot police out and water canons being used......

39 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Been kicking off in Tbilisi last few nights in a big way..... the Pro-Putin Government are trying to introduce a limit of free speech bill, and its got people out in force on the streets, with riot police out and water canons being used......

Probably a bit of a stretch to call it a limit on free speech. Basically foreign companies or companies with substantial funding from overseas including media will find it more difficult to operate in Georgia, which would basically guarantee the country could never enter the EU, if that was possible at all.

29 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Probably a bit of a stretch to call it a limit on free speech. Basically foreign companies or companies with substantial funding from overseas including media will find it more difficult to operate in Georgia, which would basically guarantee the country could never enter the EU, if that was possible at all.

Detail on what they are protesting has been sketchy, but seems to now being refereed to as the “foreign agents” Bill, which as you said limit press freedom and ultimately lead to undercutting the country’s efforts to become a candidate for EU membership.

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Wonky sheep have released their trip ftom glasgow to tiblisi. £759 or so for flights and 2 nights hotel. Bit less if flight only. 

Not cheap but probably a decent option. 

‘Early bird’ discount of £20 is sold out already. Imagine that’s not many seats just to get some hype started.  

15 hours ago, Montrose97 said:

Is the Wonky Sheep deal an issue if the game is played elsewhere, like Batumi?

I assume they would do some kind of amendment travel within Georgia for the game, seeing as the whole appeal of Wonky Sheep is to organize all logistics. Expect to pay more for that though.

The game will almost certainly be Tbilisi however. They recently re-done the stadium for the U21 Euros happening now.

4 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I assume they would do some kind of amendment travel within Georgia for the game, seeing as the whole appeal of Wonky Sheep is to organize all logistics. Expect to pay more for that though.

The game will almost certainly be Tbilisi however. They recently re-done the stadium for the U21 Euros happening now.

Tend to think also having beaten us twice in Tbilisi they’re unlikely to want to move us 

• 3 months later...

I don't think the leg room issue helped last time.

The extra leg room seats on the SFA charter flight went to the blazers and not players.

7ft Craig Gordon was hunched up for the 5 hour flight from Glasgow to tiblisi.

Not suggesting the players deliberately let Georgia win but as you say they had a poor game and there was no plan B when Georgia went one up.

I expect the qualification to be secured before this game kicks of BUT if we do loose in Spain and if Norway do beat Spain this game will be HUGE.