The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

9 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

That’s because var wasn’t allowed more like, at the very least it was a foul started outside but finished inside the penalty box but you guys wouldn’t recognise a penalty against Rangers it’s been that long since one was given. 

Rangers will concede a penalty in the next few weeks. 

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Var can get involved in fouls in the penalty area. The article itself states it would have been a penalty even.if it started outside the area. The article sights one rule and also states its source but doesn't state the source which states var couldn't get involved. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Var can get involved in fouls in the penalty area. The article itself states it would have been a penalty even.if it started outside the area. The article sights one rule and also states its source but doesn't state the source which states var couldn't get involved. 

The article is completely wrong. It would make no sence to apply it this way. There has also been several examples in England that I can remember where a penalty was awarded when something happened "outside the box" and the ref never gave a foul and VAR stepped in to say it was a foul and it was inside the box. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I think it was a pen but its a refereeing error that could not be overruled by VAR. 

14 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I think it was a pen but its a refereeing error that could not be overruled by VAR. 

Well what is the point of VAR if referees decisions are not to be overturned? Or is there a catalogue of decisions that can't be?  Nonsense.

Just now, SamP said:

Well what is the point of VAR if referees decisions are not to be overturned? Or is there a catalogue of decisions that can't be?  Nonsense.

Again what needs changing is the process that enables VAR to look at such incidents. However there was no issue with VAR's operation at the weekend under the current process. 

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Again what needs changing is the process that enables VAR to look at such incidents. However there was no issue with VAR's operation at the weekend under the current process. 

I was in favour but it is making fans opinions even more complicated.  If a ref makes a mistake ok.  Now fans are looking to see if refs and var has made mistakes.  I can't remember which manager said it but things even themselves out over the season.  Football is a simply game which is now over complicated imo Eddard.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

The article is completely wrong. It would make no sence to apply it this way. There has also been several examples in England that I can remember where a penalty was awarded when something happened "outside the box" and the ref never gave a foul and VAR stepped in to say it was a foul and it was inside the box. 

This is exactly what I think

VAR is allowed to intervene with penalty incidents therefore should have intervened in this incident

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

See above, I believe the article to be wrong

2 minutes ago, SamP said:

If we had to look at every incident in a game it would never end.  Even then people would disagree with the outcome.  Football is a subjective sport.  

Nobody is suggesting looking at every incident

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Nobody is suggesting looking at every incident

We all do VA.  We come back to the pub and argue about shy's penalties etc etc.  That's the way it should be imo.  Trying to prove things like that is over analysing.  It is a subjective game and VAR has not really helped.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, arrived in Glasgow this morning and thought I would visit the VAR headquarters...🤣🤣🤣

20230521_132423.jpg

Hi Ramy 👍, notice your VAR headquarters signage is green & white 😉 

Absolutely shocking tackle by the St Mirren defender & ref only gave a yellow, he must be blind as a fucking bat, VAR took a while to get him to review it as well. Looks like a broken ankle for Miovski.

59 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Absolutely shocking tackle by the St Mirren defender & ref only gave a yellow, he must be blind as a fucking bat, VAR took a while to get him to review it as well. Looks like a broken ankle for Miovski.

The ref bottled sending off Gogic too

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Clancy is a cunt. Daizen sent off, VAR, OH brought down from behind, only a yellow, then hibs get a penalty, no VAR...  Shocking !!!

Oh there's Gary Glitter.  He's found the Internet after Cathkin Park

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Clancy is a cunt. Daizen sent off, VAR, OH brought down from behind, only a yellow, then hibs get a penalty, no VAR...  Shocking !!!

He deserved to get sent off m8. No idea what was up with him tonight, Hibby pen was fair as well. Bernabei is fuckin hopeless and we need a new goalkeeper in the summer were the biggest takes out of that.
I think the manager will be as ruthless as he needs to be 👍 

Edited by slasher