The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Good to see an ex ref break ranks today. Steve convoy reckons it wasn't a sending off and the appeal decision wasa disgrace 

My opinion is its a 50 50 tackle with both players going for it, shinnie wins the 50 50 challenge.

The sfa showed today it is not fit for purpose. Giving a player an extra game ban is laughable 

Shouldn't have got sent off then should he!? totally his own fault. 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

And quite right too. That would have been a sending off back in the 70s never mind in modern powder puff footballing days. Hard to understand how they thought appealing that was a good idea.

You obviously didn’t watch football in the 70s, Tam Forsyth and Gregor Stevens in the 80s did worse than that every game but you’ve maybe got blue tinted selective memory 👍

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

And quite right too. That would have been a sending off back in the 70s never mind in modern powder puff footballing days. Hard to understand how they thought appealing that was a good idea.

I am by no means an Aberdeen fan, but that was never a red, no chance.. VAR, the officiating in Scotland is a farce, unless you belong to a certain club fae Govan. Then 2 give another match ban for an appeal???? Who do they think they are? The fuckin Gestapo?

14 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Shouldn't have got sent off then should he!? totally his own fault. 

Kris Boyd upset that Aberdeen got shit in the press afore him & the other puppet (muppet) bazzer Ferguson ahead of an Aberdeen v gers game. If he thinks that’s why Aberdeen appealed the red card he’s a bigger balloon than than I thought, also in his position as a sports pundit he should be able to see things from a neutral perspective not always through blue tinted glasses 😵💫

1EF228CF-CC14-4D56-8821-3738FC4629D9.png

19 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

You obviously didn’t watch football in the 70s, Tam Forsyth and Gregor Stevens in the 80s did worse than that every game but you’ve maybe got blue tinted selective memory 👍

And today's award for shoehorning Rangers into a thread goes to.......

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

And today's award for shoehorning Rangers into a thread goes to.......

Didn’t shoehorn them into anything, just pointed out to someone who came across as a gers fan and made a comment about Shinies red card tackle being something from the 70’s, I just highlighted some of the thugs from the 70/80’s who regularly did much worse tackles.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Didn’t shoehorn them into anything, just pointed out to someone who came across as a gers fan and made a comment about Shinies red card tackle being something from the 70’s, I just highlighted some of the thugs from the 70/80’s who regularly did much worse tackles.

I’m not sure what gave you the impression Orraloon was a Rangers fan?!

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The hibs sending off🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Our officials are the worst 

That you going through your VAR spreadsheet and all the sportscene highlights on a Saturday night?  Party time for you VA 🍺

34 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is that how it works now. You lose your appeal, it's an automatic extra match? I know this happened with Shinnie, but is this a rule?

You get an extra game of the sfa deem the appeal to be frivolous 

29 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is that how it works now. You lose your appeal, it's an automatic extra match? I know this happened with Shinnie, but is this a rule?

If deemed to be frivolous, it’s basically the sfa doubling down “how dare you challenge us”. Johnson already stated Hibs will have to think carefully about appealing as it would probably result in Jeggo missing another game ie not fair on the player. If he doesn’t get another game ban for losing an appeal Aberdeen will be seeking legal advice I would imagine, Porto got an extra game added when Hibs have appealed in the past

13 minutes ago, dan cake said:

If deemed to be frivolous, it’s basically the sfa doubling down “how dare you challenge us”. Johnson already stated Hibs will have to think carefully about appealing as it would probably result in Jeggo missing another game ie not fair on the player. If he doesn’t get another game ban for losing an appeal Aberdeen will be seeking legal advice I would imagine, Porto got an extra game added when Hibs have appealed in the past

This has been a rule since I was a boy.  It makes sense to increase the fine/ban.  Otherwise every booking and red card would be appealed.  It's that simple really.