The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is Clancy mentioned week in and week out like the others? No !

Has Clancy continually been in the papers with a Celtic bias? No.

Are the only 2 the Rangers supporters commenting on this thread in complete denial while the rest of the country know something is defo wrong with the breaks the Rangers get ? Yes..

There is no denial that the refs are not consistent or that Rangers have had some contentious VAR decisions.  

You've failed to bring any substance to this thread or facts highlighting this supposed bias.  I've given you have a dozen examples of different clubs highlighting different issues.  

We got a penalty on Saturday that imo shouldn't have been given, but apparently the rules state it should.  That's not referee bias, that's Collum applying the rules effectively.  Just because you think he's wrong doesn't make you right. 

I've asked you numerous times go show me examples of bias to allow for a debate.  You can't/won't because it blows your theory out the water.  

3 minutes ago, Debian said:

I wish I hadn't opened it as I should have known.  

Disagree.  If it wasn't for fans banter football would be boring.  We have always had banter and disagreements in pubs, at work etc.  What was a foul or not etc.  Only now it is online as well.  Nothing wrong with agree to disagree with refs decisions.  Am I the only person who feels sorry for refs?  Time for Colum to retire as he is well past his sell by date.  But I will never subscribe to the conspiracy theorists.

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Denial is not reasonable.. That's the thing, you huns believe there is nothing wrong and everyone out to get you.. I like you FB, but this is comical stuff, but expected. Here, another lad that goes unpunished by the refs, Ryan Kent !!! What he gets away with is criminal, and not just against Celtic.. Ryan Jack last week? Explain that please ?? The refs turn a blind eye !! Just my opinion, but I'm correct once again sir..

WTF are you talking about?  That's the exact opposite of what I said in my earlier post.  I have clearly not said there is nothing wrong and at no point have I said "everyone is out to get us" or anything even remotely resembling that.  I've also, quite clearly, highlighted that Jack should have been sent off.  So yeah, maybe the ref did turn a blind eye to that the same way as the ref turned a blind eye to the blatant penalty Killie should have got against Celtic.  Or maybe I'm just not a loonball conspiracy theorist and can see it for what it was, an horrendous mistake.  Just because you say something is a FACT doesn't make it a fact unless you back it up with, you know, facts!!  (And blindly posting stats without context doesn't help!)

4 hours ago, Debian said:

I wish I hadn't opened it as I should have known.  

It’s a bit late to be playing the reasonable man looking for reasoned debate after branding a Grade 1 ref a ‘cheating cunt!’

You can’t have it both ways Debbie 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hopefully over time the use of VAR in Scotland's top division will help to raise the standard of refereeing in this country. At the moment things look bad as the officials are being exposed for what they are - not too good at the job, albeit I concede it is a difficult job.

The VAR tools are here to stay so might as well get used to the process. 

It would definitely be a shout if there was some sort of press conference say two days after each match day where the head of refereeing could brief the press on ALL the Premiership games that have taken place, and walk through any contentious decisions or VAR moments. This would maybe help fans, players, officials and media understand things better and lead to more reasoned debate.

Serie A has started using the semi-automated offside technology we saw during the World Cup. They are the first league to do so. I guess the other big, richer leagues will follow suit. I'd imagine the expense involved in that will mean we won't see it in Scottish football for a while but sensible application of the laws, and solid on field decision making, backed up by VAR when needed, is the way forward. It's nice to dream.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Nicky Clarke's red card being rescinded has just added a few pages here.  In before the "telt ye's"!!

its a point worth discussing but discussing isn;t what happens on this thread or even this part of the forum..

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I honestly don;t know why certain posters come on here, they'd be better staying on their club boards where they can pat each other on the back

To be fair, I think the majority of the ones left are capable of having a rational grown up discussion.  It's literally one or two who seem to be incapable.

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

To be fair, I think the majority of the ones left are capable of having a rational grown up discussion.  It's literally one or two who seem to be incapable.

When I said Certain posters, I did mean the two you are referring to, I just didn't want another argument to erupt🤣

1 hour ago, slasher said:

It’s a bit late to be playing the reasonable man looking for reasoned debate after branding a Grade 1 ref a ‘cheating cunt!’

You can’t have it both ways Debbie 🤷🏼‍♂️

Are you OK?  

Edited by Debian

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was just checking you weren't meaning me! 😁

Can you and slanderark stop kissing eachothers arses and get back on topic please. I look knew this would happen. The usual "Ramy knows nothing" brigade", when in reality, I'm the only sane poster on this forum, well Slasher anyway.. Back on topic. My theory will be proven correct tonight by the one and only brother Beaton.. Watch this space !!!

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Nicky Clarke's red card being rescinded has just added a few pages here.  In before the "telt ye's"!!

Ok, if I may. They watched it on a television screen and decided it was NOT a red card. Yet they had television screen when said incident happened, and said it WAS a red card... Ok. Sorry of I seem a wee bit confused here, but hey ho, it's a lever playing field. Why don't they watch the Ryan Jack incident on replay on said television, and come to their senses. No corruption in Scottish football though.. I'm just being paranoid. Beaton has already awarded a penalty to his pal Tavernier for tonight's match and a ball hasn't even been kicked yet...

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok, if I may. They watched it on a television screen and decided it was NOT a red card. Yet they had television screen when said incident happened, and said it WAS a red card... Ok. Sorry of I seem a wee bit confused here, but hey ho, it's a lever playing field. Why don't they watch the Ryan Jack incident on replay on said television, and come to their senses. No corruption in Scottish football though.. I'm just being paranoid. Beaton has already awarded a penalty to his pal Tavernier for tonight's match and a ball hasn't even been kicked yet...

Surely if it was corruption they wouldn't have rescinded the red card for Clark as that only highlights it?!  I'm not sure how many times I can say Jack's decision was wrong before you acknowledge it.  Just the same as I'm not sure how many times I can highlight (for example) the Killie non penalty as an example that all teams get decisions that go for/against them due to this piss poor standard of our officials.  But you'll continue to conveniently gloss over that as always.

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Surely if it was corruption they wouldn't have rescinded the red card for Clark as that only highlights it?!  I'm not sure how many times I can say Jack's decision was wrong before you acknowledge it.  Just the same as I'm not sure how many times I can highlight (for example) the Killie non penalty as an example that all teams get decisions that go for/against them due to this piss poor standard of our officials.  But you'll continue to conveniently gloss over that as always.

Can you imagine being as ignorant as Ramy. Every day of your life you are right, everyone else is wrong. You ignore any reason or common sense around you, you swan around looking the club shop from your club has spewed all over you, you tell anyone who will listen who you support and think they care.............its bliss as they say

I'm almost jealous, to live a life where the only thing that matters is whether a football team wins or not, very easy to live when that team wins and has a huge advantage over others, its a care free life

Edited by vanderark14

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

What minute was he red carded? Rangers gained full advantage. You can't change the past, the damage was done.. I will not change my view on this matter. Corruption at its finest. I respect your opinion, please respect mines. Thus matter is now closed... 🙏