The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Don't know alot about him to be honest.. 

The referee who gave you the penalty against Morton.  Who had one of the worst refereeing displays at Kilmarnock v Rangers, yeah, sure you dont. 

If you want an honest discussion on VAR and Referees then at least don't play dumb.

10 minutes ago, Debian said:

The referee who gave you the penalty against Morton.  Who had one of the worst refereeing displays at Kilmarnock v Rangers, yeah, sure you dont. 

If you want an honest discussion on VAR and Referees then at least don't play dumb.

I'm not playing dumb, I don't know alot about him. I live in North America, I don't k ow everything about the refs in Scotland. I will agree, the penalty against Morton was a disgrace. 

48 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm not playing dumb, I don't know alot about him. I live in North America, I don't k ow everything about the refs in Scotland. I will agree, the penalty against Morton was a disgrace. 

Only the ones that give decisions to Rangers it seems! 

1 hour ago, Debian said:

You’ve a brass neck Debbie I’ll give you that. You accused Clancy of being a fuckin  cheat the other night.
Your pals on the SW referee panel aware you’re speaking about a Grade 1 ref in those terms?

28 minutes ago, slasher said:

You’ve a brass neck Debbie I’ll give you that. You accused Clancy of being a fuckin cheat the other night.

Your pals on the SW referee panel aware you’re speaking about a Grade 1 ref in those terms?

No, that's my own personal opinion. 

He's a god awful man in person and almost as boring as Steven Maclean.  Both attended the South Region yearly managers brief in the summer and one representative from Dalbeattie Star fell asleep.

41 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No, they all make mistakes, but the rangers benefit the most. The last thing I want to do is turn this into a Celtic v the rangers thread. Thank you FB 😊 

OK, give us a list of all these mistakes that have benefitted Rangers and show us the same for each and every other club.

Let's debate, produce the facts and not opinion.  

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You don't have to play dumb big stuff.

If we want to start with some genuine errors.

Jota against Motherwell; decision to disallow the goal was bad enough but the use of the camera from the other end of the pitch was you've been framed esque.

Arfield against Hearts; Gordon jumps in to his own player under pressure and the ball drips at his feet and scores. Disallowed for a foul on Arfield (tbh this may have been pre VAR. Maclean Ref.

St Mirren Pen vs Hearts; Handball all day long.  Referee and VAR team since admit their mistake.  Not good enough.  

Edited by Debian

5 minutes ago, Debian said:

If we want to start with some genuine errors.

Jota against Motherwell; decision to disallow the goal was bad enough but the use of the camera from the other end of the pitch was you've been framed esque.

Arfield against Hearts; Gordon jumps in to his own player under pressure and the ball drips at his feet and scores. Disallowed for a foul on Arfield (tbh this may have been pre VAR. Maclean Ref.

St Mirren Pen vs Hearts; Handball all day long.  Referee and VAR team since admit their mistake.  Not good enough.  

Ach away min.  Refs have been making mistakes for a hundred years all over the world.  The paranoid support in this country of only one club never let it go.  And sadly never will.  It's in their DNA.  The victims FC.

22 minutes ago, Debian said:

OK, give us a list of all these mistakes that have benefitted Rangers and show us the same for each and every other club.

Let's debate, produce the facts and not opinion.  

Respectful, I don't have to prove anything to you. Read the papers, listen to talksport, you are entitled to your opinion. I could ask the the same question, but it is pointless. I'm stating the obvious. This is not about Celtic or the Rangers, it's about the problem with refs, VAR, and all the bullshit calls that go with it. If you honestly think it's a level playing field, you need to take off the red, white, and blue speckies and have a word with yourself. I am not offended or surprised. You support the Rangers, of course you will defend them. My arguement is, the refs are in the papers every week for blatant mistakes that I valve your club. Those are facts !! Respectfully, BR 1314....

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Respectful, I don't have to prove anything to you. Read the papers, listen to talksport, you are entitled to your opinion. I could ask the the same question, but it is pointless. I'm stating the obvious. This is not about Celtic or the Rangers, it's about the problem with refs, VAR, and all the bullshit calls that go with it. If you honestly think it's a level playing field, you need to take off the red, white, and blue speckies and have a word with yourself. I am not offended or surprised. You support the Rangers, of course you will defend them. My arguement is, the refs are in the papers every week for blatant mistakes that I valve your club. Those are facts !! Respectfully, BR 1314....

You do realise that you couldn't even get the spelling of this thread properly?  No need to act dumb.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ramy, is saying it’s not about Rangers in one breath and then in the other saying the biggest problem with VAR is it mainly favours Rangers not a bit contradictory? 

I can think of 2 decisions that VAR got “wrong” that went in Rangers favour. Jack’s at the weekend and the Goldson handball in the OF game. I’d have been screaming for that if it was at the other end however we’ve at least seen some sort of justification on why that wasn’t given as opposed to the radio silence on the Jack one.  

Without even thinking I have 2 examples that Celtic have benefitted from (the Killie non penalty and the one given against Morton) and I’m pretty sure pretty much every team will have similar examples of ones they should have got but didn’t and vice versa.

The issue isn’t with VAR is with the people who operate it. And it’s not due to some masonic, moonhowling conspiracy to topple Celtic and get Rangers back on top or whatever other reasons are offered. It’s because our refs, as a whole, are not fit for purpose.

The one good thing VAR will hopefully bring is more focus on these incorrect decisions across the board and force change and improvement. It’s bad enough when they make one mistake but when they refuse the opportunity to change it and that is plain to see then something will have to give. 

31 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Ramy, is saying it’s not about Rangers in one breath and then in the other saying the biggest problem with VAR is it mainly favours Rangers not a bit contradictory? 

I can think of 2 decisions that VAR got “wrong” that went in Rangers favour. Jack’s at the weekend and the Goldson handball in the OF game. I’d have been screaming for that if it was at the other end however we’ve at least seen some sort of justification on why that wasn’t given as opposed to the radio silence on the Jack one.  

Without even thinking I have 2 examples that Celtic have benefitted from (the Killie non penalty and the one given against Morton) and I’m pretty sure pretty much every team will have similar examples of ones they should have got but didn’t and vice versa.

The issue isn’t with VAR is with the people who operate it. And it’s not due to some masonic, moonhowling conspiracy to topple Celtic and get Rangers back on top or whatever other reasons are offered. It’s because our refs, as a whole, are not fit for purpose.

The one good thing VAR will hopefully bring is more focus on these incorrect decisions across the board and force change and improvement. It’s bad enough when they make one mistake but when they refuse the opportunity to change it and that is plain to see then something will have to give. 

You’re not doing yourself any favours going on about ‘Masonic, moonhowling conspiracy when in actual fact the only other Rangers fan to post in this thread has openly accused a ref of being a cheat! Is he a moonhowler? I’ve never once levelled that at our referees. I do however believe there may be some bias at play or human nature as it’s known in other countries. The stats on penalties awarded/not awarded, red cards awarded/ not awarded bear that out. Until the veil of secrecy is lifted suspicion will remain. It remains a mystery to me that people refuse to concede that someone reffing their own team could be biased, even subconsciously, it’s just ridiculous frankly. I would concede that the overall standard is abysmal yet the status quo remains. Why?

Scotland must be the only country where VAR has actually worsened the standard of officiating.

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

You’re not doing yourself any favours going on about ‘Masonic, moonhowling conspiracy when in actual fact the only other Rangers fan to post in this thread has openly accused a ref of being a cheat! Is he a moonhowler? I’ve never once levelled that at our referees. I do however believe there may be some bias at play or human nature as it’s known in other countries. The stats on penalties awarded/not awarded, red cards awarded/ not awarded bear that out. Until the veil of secrecy is lifted suspicion will remain. It remains a mystery to me that people refuse to concede that someone reffing their own team could be biased, even subconsciously, it’s just ridiculous frankly. I would concede that the overall standard is abysmal yet the status quo remains. Why?

Scotland must be the only country where VAR has actually worsened the standard of officiating.

I would say any fan of any club who actively thinks a referee or group of referees are knowingly cheating to favour clubs is a moonhowler, yes. 

And those stats only show evidence of a club being favoured (unconsciously or otherwise) if there is also evidence that those stats are the result of consistent wrong decisions that are skewing them. And so far I’ve yet to see any evidence of that other than a lot of conjecture. 

Doesn't know about the Clancy as he lives pin America, but knows what's going on Talksport😂

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

16 minutes ago, Debian said:

Doesn't know about the Clancy as he lives pin America, but knows what's going on Talksport😂

Is Clancy mentioned week in and week out like the others? No !

Has Clancy continually been in the papers with a Celtic bias? No.

Are the only 2 the Rangers supporters commenting on this thread in complete denial while the rest of the country know something is defo wrong with the breaks the Rangers get ? Yes..

11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is Clancy mentioned week in and week out like the others? No !

Has Clancy continually been in the papers with a Celtic bias? No.

Are the only 2 the Rangers supporters commenting on this thread in complete denial while the rest of the country know something is defo wrong with the breaks the Rangers get ? Yes..

I’m in denial yet you’ve completely ignored my post where I’ve tried to rationally discuss the whole thing with you and engage in reasoned debate? Aye, OK. 

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m in denial yet you’ve completely ignored my post where I’ve tried to rationally discuss the whole thing with you and engage in reasoned debate? Aye, OK. 

Denial is not reasonable.. That's the thing, you huns believe there is nothing wrong and everyone out to get you.. I like you FB, but this is comical stuff, but expected. Here, another lad that goes unpunished by the refs, Ryan Kent !!! What he gets away with is criminal, and not just against Celtic.. Ryan Jack last week? Explain that please ?? The refs turn a blind eye !! Just my opinion, but I'm correct once again sir..