Goodwin gone, What now for Aberdeen? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goodwin gone, What now for Aberdeen?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The suggestions of Mcinnes, Mcliesh or Miller are madness. There is a reason Mcinnes is at Killie for a reason, he was running out of ideas, particularly in the transfer market. This has been proven IMO at Killie as he brought in journeymen like Taylor who isn;t good enough for the SPFL top league

Alex McLiesh is finished. Willie Miller hasn't been involved in coaching or football for over 30 years, its beyond mental to suggest the two club legends. 

Robson with the experienced Agnew is the correct move for now. The list of candidates is genuinely underwhelming, Wilfer is my choice from the bookies list but then again I wanted Goodwin so what the fuck do I know. 

If Cormack wants to lose the fans completely, he should go ahead with Lambert or Lennon. Charlie Adam throwing his hat in the ring shows how thick and ignorant Charlie Adam is

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The suggestions of Mcinnes, Mcliesh or Miller are madness. There is a reason Mcinnes is at Killie for a reason, he was running out of ideas, particularly in the transfer market. This has been proven IMO at Killie as he brought in journeymen like Taylor who isn;t good enough for the SPFL top league

Alex McLiesh is finished. Willie Miller hasn't been involved in coaching or football for over 30 years, its beyond mental to suggest the two club legends. 

Robson with the experienced Agnew is the correct move for now. The list of candidates is genuinely underwhelming, Wilfer is my choice from the bookies list but then again I wanted Goodwin so what the fuck do I know. 

If Cormack wants to lose the fans completely, he should go ahead with Lambert or Lennon. Charlie Adam throwing his hat in the ring shows how thick and ignorant Charlie Adam is

Agree, Wilder would be a good appointment. Motherwell will probably end up with Goodwin 🙄

I always thought Warnock would have been a good appointment for a club like Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. Plenty of experience but more importantly pushes against the establishment. Loves the role of the underdog.

Wilder is maybe the modern version of him. 

I think the most important thing for next Dons manager is somebody who can install a seize mentality. Aberdeen have good players. Certainly good enough to finish 4th but they need a better mentality. 

Been reading that Wilder is interested but is not applying for the post. More of a 'if you want me then contact me'.

If this is true then I wouldn't want someone like him at the club, if someone really wants the job I cannot understand why they can't apply for it!

Could be paper talk of course, you never know what to believe.

55 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Been reading that Wilder is interested but is not applying for the post. More of a 'if you want me then contact me'.

If this is true then I wouldn't want someone like him at the club, if someone really wants the job I cannot understand why they can't apply for it!

Could be paper talk of course, you never know what to believe.

What if the list of applicants is utter shite? There's nothing wrong with head hunting someone

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What if the list of applicants is utter shite? There's nothing wrong with head hunting someone

I agree, but also think if someone really wants the job they can apply.

Anyway interesting candidate if true as done a good job at Sheffield United especially in there first season in the Prem. Things did go downhill but that can be said of lots of clubs who get promoted.

9 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

I agree, but also think if someone really wants the job they can apply.

Anyway interesting candidate if true as done a good job at Sheffield United especially in there first season in the Prem. Things did go downhill but that can be said of lots of clubs who get promoted.

The list of candidates after Wilder is extremely underwhelming IMO. I know there may be more candidates the bookies have missed but if Wilder says no I would give Robson and Agnew the gig till end of season

2 hours ago, Debian said:

😂😂😂😂he'd be driven there by the Saints fans. 

Strange comment Debbie,

He's won as many trophies as the last 6 or is it 7 (or maybe 8 ) rangers managers🤔

Won twice as many as slippy, and Geoi

In fact outside of Celtic he has won more trophies than anyone else in last 10 years..

Pretty impressive I think.

Edited by stocky

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Charlie Adam throwing his hat in the ring shows how thick and ignorant Charlie Adam is

That's very complimentary of him. He is almost John Hartson levels of vegetation.

He will end up at Dens one day, however, I can only hope that some other daft club gives him a chance and he fucks it up so bad that his reputation never recovers.

3 hours ago, stocky said:

Strange comment Debbie,

He's won as many trophies as the last 6 or is it 7 (or maybe 8 ) rangers managers🤔

Won twice as many as slippy, and Geoi

In fact outside of Celtic he has won more trophies than anyone else in last 10 years..

Pretty impressive I think.

You've not followed social media recently or the anger vented towards CD? They want him gone and of Motherwell this week or United (Celtic is unlikely) he'll be punted.  

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

That's very complimentary of him. He is almost John Hartson levels of vegetation.

He will end up at Dens one day, however, I can only hope that some other daft club gives him a chance and he fucks it up so bad that his reputation never recovers.

Why do you not like him?  I always thought he came across ok and has vast experience.  Not many Scotland caps but more than me!!  Can't see him for Dons job though.  I think VA has a point.  Just let Robson take them until end of season.  They are a huge club and rushing in to another mistake could be disastrous.  Celtic must have done due diligence on their manager and I like his style.  But Dons need to take their time imo.