Venue - Page 2 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Seemingly we won't get all our TV money if we don't utilise all of our fixture dates. I think there are 10 dates in total and so far, we have the 8 qualifiers + the England match.

So, one more match required and the only gap is in the days after Spain away. Probably the Sunday. Maybe the Monday or Tuesday.

Ā 

Strange that the Spanish have announced the stadium for a match a month after our match, but not announced the stadium for our match..

I just wonder if the SFA have asked the Spanish to wait until the friendly is confirmed; in order to help our fans with our travel arrangements. I mean, we might be needing to get from Spain to Bulgaria (or such like).

Wouldn't it be nice if they give us some of this info?Ā 

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Still... we NEED to know! NOW!!!Ā šŸ˜‚

I know. Us fans can never find out soon enough. It's agonising.

Last night I searched and translated some Spanish articles about our match. This one is from a couple of weeks sgo (before they announced Santander for one of the other matches).

Ā 

the agreement signed between the Federation and the Junta de AndalucĆ­a for the celebration in that community of matches of the national soccer teams."Ā So that it is understood, the Junta de AndalucĆ­a signed an agreement with the RFEF in December 2020 to host 24 matches of the Spanish national football teams for men, women and under 21 between the 2020/21 and 2023/24 seasons.Ā That guarantees two annual matches in their territory for each of the aforementioned teams, that is, two of the absolute masculine.Ā He already has one, the one from Norway.Ā And you will get at least one other, among the three reviewed: Cyprus, Scotland and Georgia.Ā Ā 

Ā 

they are fighting to have a national team match, at least three other locations, plus an Andalusian one as a result of that 2020 agreement and which will end in 2024

Ā 

The locations are Santander, for the centenary of the Federation of Cantabria;Ā Elche, for the centenary of the Elche club;Ā and Alicante, for the centenary of Hercules.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hercules (Alicante) were formed in 1922 so it's not their centenary. Enough to discount Alicante?

Elche are celebrating their centenary this year.Ā Ā 

If the Spanish FA actually signed a contract to play 2 men's A-team matches per year in Andalucia, you would think that would be binding.

4 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I know. Us fans can never find out soon enough. It's agonising.

Last night I searched and translated some Spanish articles about our match. This one is from a couple of weeks sgo (before they announced Santander for one of the other matches).

Ā 

the agreement signed between the Federation and the Junta de AndalucĆ­a for the celebration in that community of matches of the national soccer teams."Ā So that it is understood, the Junta de AndalucĆ­a signed an agreement with the RFEF in December 2020 to host 24 matches of the Spanish national football teams for men, women and under 21 between the 2020/21 and 2023/24 seasons.Ā That guarantees two annual matches in their territory for each of the aforementioned teams, that is, two of the absolute masculine.Ā He already has one, the one from Norway.Ā And you will get at least one other, among the three reviewed: Cyprus, Scotland and Georgia.Ā Ā 

Ā 

they are fighting to have a national team match, at least three other locations, plus an Andalusian one as a result of that 2020 agreement and which will end in 2024

Ā 

The locations are Santander, for the centenary of the Federation of Cantabria;Ā Elche, for the centenary of the Elche club;Ā and Alicante, for the centenary of Hercules.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hercules (Alicante) were formed in 1922 so it's not their centenary. Enough to discount Alicante?

Elche are celebrating their centenary this year.Ā Ā 

If the Spanish FA actually signed a contract to play 2 men's A-team matches per year in Andalucia, you would think that would be binding.

Scotland vs Spain venue hint for Euro 2024 qualifier as Steve Clarke's men look set for city with painful memories for our club sides - Daily Record

Mibbae a wee trip to Seville?

If Andalusia has the contract signed and sealed, you would think Seville with it's three big stadiums would be a dead cert......... So, why have they not announced it?Ā They have announced a venue a month after our match, but they haven't announced ours. Why?

Ā 

Andalusia isn't actually going to get the match?

They are considering a provincial town in Andalusia? That would mean a far smaller stadium.

The SFA have asked them to delay the announcement whilst we sort out our friendly?

Ā 

Who knows.

52 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

If Andalusia has the contract signed and sealed, you would think Seville with it's three big stadiums would be a dead cert......... So, why have they not announced it?Ā They have announced a venue a month after our match, but they haven't announced ours. Why?

Ā 

Andalusia isn't actually going to get the match?

They are considering a provincial town in Andalusia? That would mean a far smaller stadium.

The SFA have asked them to delay the announcement whilst we sort out our friendly?

Ā 

Who knows.

Probably more to do with the deadline to announce the game not being for another 4 months.

If it is definitely Andalusia, then these are the only options...

Benito VillamarĆ­n

60,270[4]

Seville

Ā Andalusia

Ā 

Real Betis

La Cartuja

57,619[5]

None

RamĆ³n SĆ”nchez PizjuĆ”n

42,714[9]

Seville

Ā Andalusia

Sevilla

Ā 

Nuevo Mirandilla

CƔdiz

Ā Andalusia

CƔdiz

Ā 

Nuevo Colombino

Huelva

Ā Andalusia

Recreativo

Ā 

Estadio del MediterrƔneo

AlmerĆ­a

Ā 

AlmerĆ­a

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by saintsparky

4 hours ago, saintsparky said:

If it is definitely Andalusia, then these are the only options...

Benito VillamarĆ­n

60,270[4]

Seville

Ā Andalusia

Ā 

Real Betis

La Cartuja

57,619[5]

None

RamĆ³n SĆ”nchez PizjuĆ”n

42,714[9]

Seville

Ā Andalusia

Sevilla

Ā 

Nuevo Mirandilla

CƔdiz

Ā Andalusia

CƔdiz

Ā 

Nuevo Colombino

Huelva

Ā Andalusia

Recreativo

Ā 

Estadio del MediterrƔneo

AlmerĆ­a

Ā 

AlmerĆ­a

Ā 

Ā 

Granada also a possibility , around 20k capacity tooĀ 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Let's hope it's not in any of these small grounds.Probably be lucky to get 1500 allocation in any of them.

The fact that we'll take a large support will hopefully sway them towards a bigger ground and a bigger city , hopefully they won't want 5k+ TA in a smaller cities like Cadiz or HuelvaĀ 

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Spanish FA were at Hampden today for a meeting with the SFA from the looks of things (Hampden Cafe twitter feed posted a photo thanking the Spanish FA for thier visit this morning)

More likely to do with Spain coming here next month , be nice to think they even asked them about October 12th but I'd doubt itĀ 

14 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

More likely to do with Spain coming here next month , be nice to think they even asked them about October 12th but I'd doubt itĀ 

Imagine it was probably for match day and security discussions, but you would like to hope that the conversation took place (and given Scotland has a second game it needs to plan for, chances are that they may have asked.... if they got a answer is a totally different matter)

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

I'm expecting it to be either Seville or Malaga. No sure where I'd prefer but both will be easy enough to get to!Ā 

They play Norway in malaga, so doubt they would have two games there.Ā 

Seville seems the only logical choice.

1 hour ago, saintsparky said:

They play Norway in malaga, so doubt they would have two games there.Ā 

Seville seems the only logical choice.

Yes. Seville would seem the obvious. Why don't they just tell us for f. ks sake. Does every other team in the group know where they are playing, even the teams that play them after us?How can that make any sense then?.Ā 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Yes. Seville would seem the obvious. Why don't they just tell us for f. ks sake. Does every other team in the group know where they are playing, even the teams that play them after us?How can that make any sense then?.Ā 

They're clearly shitin themselves. Mind games. ;)

Edited by Bzzzz

8 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

I'm expecting it to be either Seville or Malaga. No sure where I'd prefer but both will be easy enough to get to!Ā 

I have booked return flights to Malaga and free cancellation in hotels in Malaga and Seville. So expect it to be anywhere except Malaga or Seville.Ā 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have booked return flights to Malaga and free cancellation in hotels in Malaga and Seville. So expect it to be anywhere except Malaga or Seville.Ā 

šŸ˜‚