Venue - Page 8 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

13 minutes ago, C Mc said:

I was joking about filling it....I was just imagining how many Scots would be willing to head over to Barcelona/Girona for a Scotland match. The away end would be interesting. Hope not anyway, i'm booked for Seville...they couldn't get any further away than Girona! 😅

Yes. I know you were saying that with tongue in cheek but i was just making the point of the game being played in that stadium as an absurdity. It can't be true... SURELY. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, C Mc said:

I was joking about filling it....I was just imagining how many Scots would be willing to head over to Barcelona/Girona for a Scotland match. The away end would be interesting. Hope not anyway, i'm booked for Seville...they couldn't get any further away than Girona! 😅

Hate to be pedantic but another venue  mentioned a good few months ago in the Canary Islands a lot further away 😂 

Just now, macwomble said:

Hate to be pedantic but another venue  mentioned a good few months ago in the Canary Islands a lot further away 😂 

That would just about kill it for most that have taken a chance on Seville. Girona would be bad enough but Gran Canaria would be a killer. 

10 minutes ago, macwomble said:

😂😂 yeah true, well, i'm kind of ignoring that option.....

12 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Flights to both from Seville 

Maybe i should have said for those who don't have a lot of spare cash to throw around. Anyway surely this Girona talk can't be true.A stadium that holds 13000.On loss of income alone from playing it there rather than in a 55000 stadium in Seville it must be nonsense. That could easily be £1 million plus. Why would they do that? 

Why would they play it in such a small stadium. Can't see what they would gain from that. Maybe a tight 25000 or 30000 stadium could be quite intimidating but hardly think international players would be shaking at the thought of playing in front of 12500.

Sounds a load of rubbish . Why would they put it on Wikipedia and not announce it officially ?

A 13,000 stadium is asking for crowd trouble . 
The Spanish FA have a contract with Andalusia but Girona is in Catalonia which is a no go area for the Spanish national team . 
Seville looks nailed on ,probably still negotiating fees with the stadium . I hope so anyway as we are all paid up .

23 minutes ago, p gala ta said:

Sounds a load of rubbish . Why would they put it on Wikipedia and not announce it officially ?

A 13,000 stadium is asking for crowd trouble . 
The Spanish FA have a contract with Andalusia but Girona is in Catalonia which is a no go area for the Spanish national team . 
Seville looks nailed on ,probably still negotiating fees with the stadium . I hope so anyway as we are all paid up .

Yes.Any chance the guy who put this on the forum is coming the ....Although what anybody would get out of doing that beats me.Noticed he hasn't been back on since he posted it   to actually  say where he saw it.How's about it pal.

6 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Yes.Any chance the guy who put this on the forum is coming the ....Although what anybody would get out of doing that beats me.Noticed he hasn't been back on since he posted it   to actually  say where he saw it.How's about it pal.

Here's a screen grab from earlier 

IMG_5959.png

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Fair enough.Why the f..k would that be there in the first place?Hopefully a lesson learned about taking everything Wikipedia puts on as Gospel and that it was just some fool guessing.Hopefully.

I've booked Seville so hoping it's nonsense 

On 6/6/2023 at 3:45 PM, thesaint said:

Is this the stadium that holds about 13000.Surely that would be ridiculous. 

Holds fewer that 12000 I think. No way match will be there.

The venue has been updated and changed a couple of times on Wikipedia. Either by someone on the wind up or by an idiot. Or possibly both. 

The cut off for announcing the venue surely has to be soon ffs. Thought it was 120 days? My crap maths put that being the 14th June. Play the game and tell us as price of flights are going through the roof🤷‍♂️🤦

Spoke to a Spanish mate with a pal in the Spanish FA.

He says the venue likely won't be announced until after the Spanish elections on 23 July.

He said it will be Andalusia - which we already know - but doesn't know where. 

9 hours ago, Sempre said:

Spoke to a Spanish mate with a pal in the Spanish FA.

He says the venue likely won't be announced until after the Spanish elections on 23 July.

He said it will be Andalusia - which we already know - but doesn't know where. 

That’s way inside the minimum time to announce the venue , but after Ukraine blazed the trail by announcing games six weeks before , who knows ? 

2 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

120 days now 😤

Shouldn’t be too much longer then. 

I think they had until yesterday (or today maybe?) to inform UEFA of the venue. UEFA will then inform the SFA (presumably fairly quickly) and the SFA have a few days to object. 

Should be announced in a week or so surely if the SFA are happy with the venue? Maybe a bit longer if the SFA have any concerns?