Venue - Page 7 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

28 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Sods will probably stretch it out to the last possible minute before announcing it. Just because they can no doubt. 

Why?? Surely they want to sell tickets as soon as possible to get money into the coffers, including the local hotels.

I see absolutely no benefit to them in delaying. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

Why?? Surely they want to sell tickets as soon as possible to get money into the coffers, including the local hotels.

With the game on a national holiday, there may be a chance that they know they will struggle to sell tickets.

32 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

They already are stretching it out. The fact that the venue for the game after ours has been known for a fair time tells us that. 

I don't understand why you keep torturing yourselves with this.

Obviously there are internal factors at play delaying the announcement whether the game will or won't be played in Andalusia. These are likely highly specific to the fixture on this date and independent of the announcement of venues for fixtures taking place later.

For everyone's comfort, the Spanish FA have until 120 days before the game to announce (early/mid June), which is longer than the 90 days notice we used to get.

34 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Obviously there are internal factors at play delaying the announcement whether the game will or won't be played in Andalusia. These are likely highly specific to the fixture on this date and independent of the announcement of venues for fixtures taking place later.

I'm as irritated as most of you for I cannot understand how it can take so long to choose a stadium, but I'm now curious to know how the whole process works.

For countries like Spain, Italy, Germany (and now Georgia too) who move matches around, I'd love to know how they go about deciding where to play their matches.

Do they choose somewhere on the basis of 'something' that might benefit their own team? Do they base it on the amount of local interest it might attract (like playing somewhere they haven't played in a long time). Do clubs and/or cities express their interest in hosting? Anyone know what they consider in their selection process?

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I don't understand why you keep torturing yourselves with this.

For everyone's comfort, the Spanish FA have until 120 days before the game to announce (early/mid June), which is longer than the 90 days notice we used to get.

Have they changed that ? Always thought it was 90 . And it gives us something to moan about 😊

14 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I'm as irritated as most of you for I cannot understand how it can take so long to choose a stadium, but I'm now curious to know how the whole process works.

For countries like Spain, Italy, Germany (and now Georgia too) who move matches around, I'd love to know how they go about deciding where to play their matches.

Do they choose somewhere on the basis of 'something' that might benefit their own team? Do they base it on the amount of local interest it might attract (like playing somewhere they haven't played in a long time). Do clubs and/or cities express their interest in hosting? Anyone know what they consider in their selection process?

Generally, a process to make sure all the regions feel they get a shot at a big game.

Georgia is simple. They are very proud of new stadium in Batumi and, they want to promote more than Tbilisi as a place for peopel to go.

Not thta long ago that sometimes the SFA had games at Pittodrie or Easter Road

19 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

Generally, a process to make sure all the regions feel they get a shot at a big game.

Georgia is simple. They are very proud of new stadium in Batumi and, they want to promote more than Tbilisi as a place for peopel to go.

Not thta long ago that sometimes the SFA had games at Pittodrie or Easter Road

Hard to see Georgia taking us anywhere but Tbilisi having beaten us twice there 

16 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

You forgot to mention the broon envelope factor. 😉

On 4/29/2023 at 8:43 AM, tattiescone69 said:

Hard to see Georgia taking us anywhere but Tbilisi having beaten us twice there 

As I mentioned on another thread.... was working in Tbilisi last week and cheekily asked a government Minister where the game would be... he texted the head of the football federation who replied, 'probably' Tbilisi.... but still not decided.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Official Deadlines on Stadium Announcements. The truth is, 120 Days is not an actual Deadline. It is a deadline for PROPOSING a Stadium for the Game to take place to UEFA. There are other steps after that to take place before the FANS actually find out. The SFA could help by releasing the Stadium Announcement as soon as they know about it if they are not going to object. Here are the steps and official rules on the Matter:

Step1: CFA tell UEFA the Stadium they propose to use at least 120 Days before the game takes place.

Step2: UEFA then tell SFA the proposed Stadium and SFA have 3 days to decide if they want to object (there are no time scales for UEFA telling SFA the proposed Stadium)

Step3: UEFA wait on the objection period ending and can then announce the Stadium.

And the official Rules:

Article 26 Venues and kick-off times

The associations must submit an updated list of proposed stadiums for the 2022-24 European Qualifiers to the UEFA administration by 10 November 2022 for preliminary approval.

The host association selects the venue for each match from the corresponding list of proposed stadiums and announces it to the UEFA administration at least 120 days before the match in question.

When fixing a venue, the host association must take into account the length of the journey to be undertaken by the visiting team. In principle, the venue for a match must be no more than a 90-minute bus drive from the nearest international airport with daily flights from/to other European cities.

Any objection by a visiting association regarding a selected venue must be communicated to the UEFA administration, with the host association in copy, within three days of the venue being confirmed by UEFA. The UEFA administration will take a final decision, confirming the venue or requesting that the host association propose another in accordance with these regulations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Unless you've hedged your bets on Seville 🙈

I had written it off as away with family and Seville 9 hours away.  Girona only 2 hours, so doable.  I can take your ticket if that helps u out ? 😃    

3 minutes ago, C Mc said:

We'd fill it...

Would be lucky to get 500 or 600 away tickets. Would be truly absurd if this is true. Playing in a tiny stadium and losing out on nearly 50000 ticket sales would be a new level of perversity  by. the Spanish fa. 

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Would be lucky to get 500 or 600 away tickets. Would be truly absurd if this is true. Playing in a tiny stadium and losing out on nearly 50000 ticket sales would be a new level of perversity  by. the Spanish fa. 

I was joking about filling it....I was just imagining how many Scots would be willing to head over to Barcelona/Girona for a Scotland match. The away end would be interesting. Hope not anyway, i'm booked for Seville...they couldn't get any further away than Girona! 😅