Venue - Page 5 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ffs ( speedily googling ‘flights from malaga to Gran Canaria’ ) 

After last night they will be trying to make it as difficult as possible for us if a stadium hasnt already been given the nod. 

Aye  presumably somewhere the grass isn't too long 😎

36 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ffs ( speedily googling ‘flights from malaga to Gran Canaria’ ) 

After last night they will be trying to make it as difficult as possible for us if a stadium hasnt already been given the nod. 

Wouldn't book any flights just yet to Gran Canaria. That's three different venues i've seen quoted on various ticket agencies etc. What's the problem that they can't tell us where our game will be played but every other team knows where they are playing in Spain. Would like to think the sfa might be trying to push them for a decision.... then again???? 

Do not take Wiki as legit.... unless there is a actual source linked to back it up, it could be anyone taking a guess based on paper talk rather than actually being in the know.

Plus out of the two Seville stadiums that are options, thats not the one I would expect it to be.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Wouldn't book any flights just yet to Gran Canaria. That's three different venues i've seen quoted on various ticket agencies etc. What's the problem that they can't tell us where our game will be played but every other team knows where they are playing in Spain. Would like to think the sfa might be trying to push them for a decision.... then again???? 

Dont worry, I am no making any more kamikaze decisions till I know for sure 🙂

The Spanish will be in a huff, they will stuff us into the middle of nowhere 🙂

11 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

There are 3 stadiums in Seville.

I believe all three have at least a UEFA 4-Star rating.

Which one are you counting out?

Don't think any one can be ruled out , they've played in all three in last few years , I'd just settle for knowing its in that city 🙄

10 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

There are 3 stadiums in Seville.

I believe all three have at least a UEFA 4-Star rating.

Which one are you counting out?

Sorry, forgot the La Cartuja. They use the Estadio Benito Villamarín and Estadio de La Cartuja alot more than they have used the Ramon Sanchez in recent years, which makes me question it straight away.

Edited by wanderer

I'm still in the camp that booking flights right now is absolute madness for two reasons:

1. We are still well outside the regulation 120 days with plenty of time for arrangements and agreements to be chopped and changed.

2. We will have a friendly to play 3 days later that we have no idea where it will take place

After what happened the other night, what do you think the Spanish FA will be thinking?

Vast bowl type (the multi-purpose La Cartuja in Seville) ?

Big, but close (Sevilla or Real Betis) ?

Small, but VERY close and VERY steep (Cadiz) ?

If I was the Spanish FA and needing a result, I'd be choosing this...

Ramon de Carranza, home to Cadiz - Football Ground Map

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

After what happened the other night, what do you think the Spanish FA will be thinking?

Vast bowl type (the multi-purpose La Cartuja in Seville) ?

Big, but close (Sevilla or Real Betis) ?

Small, but VERY close and VERY steep (Cadiz) ?

If I was the Spanish FA and needing a result, I'd be choosing this...

Ramon de Carranza, home to Cadiz - Football Ground Map

Aye with the smallest number of tickets for us 😏

23 hours ago, thesaint said:

They obviously play the venue game the same way they play football, ducking n diving using every underhand method they can to get an advantage 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

18 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

They obviously play the venue game the same way they play football, ducking n diving using every underhand method they can to get an advantage 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Just odd though how they have announced all their home game venues(including the games after ours) but for   some reason are holding back on saying where our game is to be played. Why is our game any different?. Odd.