Venue - Page 3 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

22 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Think you are safe enough with those two options.🤣

Flights aren't too bad at the mo, might just book up tae Seville, a nice "via Amsterdam" option on it too... 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, thesaint said:

Seville would seem the obvious.

Totally agree.

Seville, the biggest city in Andalusia and one of the biggest cities in all of Spain.

The most obvious, blatant, staring-you-in-the-face, host city in all of Andalusia.

The fact the Spanish FA haven't announced somewhere so bloody obvious now leaves me thinking it won't be there.

5 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Totally agree.

Seville, the biggest city in Andalusia and one of the biggest cities in all of Spain.

The most obvious, blatant, staring-you-in-the-face, host city in all of Andalusia.

The fact the Spanish FA haven't announced somewhere so bloody obvious now leaves me thinking it won't be there.

I repeat again. Why the f.. k haven't they announced it when they have for home games after ours. What's the problem? 

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

I repeat again. Why the f.. k haven't they announced it when they have for home games after ours. What's the problem? 

Maybe we’ve got them running scared 😜

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Perhaps the SFA have asked them not to announce it until they can confirm our friendly a few days later to make our travel  plans for an away double header easier! 👀 😂 

9 hours ago, slasher said:

I’ve heard from a source in Espana that Malaga (la Rosaleda) is under consideration? Anyone confirm?

Doubt it, as that is where they will be playing Norway, and would be surprised if they play two games in the same ground in the same campaign. 

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Doubt it, as that is where they will be playing Norway, and would be surprised if they play two games in the same ground in the same campaign. 

Cheers Wanderer!

I got my hopes up for a minute as I have family and friends over there.

15 hours ago, macwomble said:

Perhaps the SFA have asked them not to announce it until they can confirm our friendly a few days later to make our travel  plans for an away double header easier! 👀 😂 

Aye. They have a good record in making it easier for us. england at home just after the Cyprus away trip had already been booked by many for a weeks break which takes in the date of the england game. Certainly made it easier for us there. 🙄🙄

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Aye. They have a good record in making it easier for us. england at home just after the Cyprus away trip had already been booked by many for a weeks break which takes in the date of the england game. Certainly made it easier for us there. 🙄🙄

Agree - ease of travel for punters will be about the 97th priority at best.

18 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Agree - ease of travel for punters will be about the 97th priority at best.

Aye. All the usual phoney nod to our fans efforts to attend matches... but in reality they couldn't give a shit about the hassle we sometimes face in following the team. 🤔🤔😢

On 3/3/2023 at 3:06 PM, thesaint said:

Ridiculous, had already booked honeymoon in Cyprus coming back on the 13th! had to move the bloody thing! 

The Spanish have moved their Cyprus game back a day from Sept 11th to 12th. I didn't know you could do that. I thought the dates were set by uefa. 

I'm following three Spanish official Twitter accounts waiting for our confirmation to finalise booking...

16 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

The Spanish have moved their Cyprus game back a day from Sept 11th to 12th. I didn't know you could do that. I thought the dates were set by uefa. 

I'm following three Spanish official Twitter accounts waiting for our confirmation to finalise booking...

I believe that's to do with elections in Norway being held on that date - UEFA want all matches in a group to be played at the same time, so both games in the group have been moved back a day.

7 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Ridiculous, had already booked honeymoon in Cyprus coming back on the 13th! had to move the bloody thing! 

Not as bad as you having to change your honeymoon but i had booked a weeks holiday with mates coming back on the 13th,so i am coming home early via London on the morning of the england game.Just like to thank the sfa for the heads up they gave us.Not.😚

11 hours ago, thesaint said:

Not as bad as you having to change your honeymoon but i had booked a weeks holiday with mates coming back on the 13th,so i am coming home early via London on the morning of the england game.Just like to thank the sfa for the heads up they gave us.Not.😚

I did pass this criticism on to Ian Maxwell when chatting to him at the 150th celebration at West of Scotland CC, he took it with the humour that it was intended. 😂

I was kicking myself tbh as I normally check the international dates to make sure I don't trip myself up as I've done it before! 

2 hours ago, The Lowlander said:

Just noticed a ticket site is selling tickets for Scotland V Spain in Valladolid. But it says the stadium may change in the future so we can probably ignore it.

https://www.biletwise.com/en/spain-vs-scotland-european-football-championship-2024-qualifiers-tickets/

Bit strange how they have decided on this ticket site to say Valladolid though.Not exactly conveinant if anybody has booked flights to Seville.It's a 6 hour journey.Madrid is about 3 hours away.Iknow it says the stadium might change,but why would they even think of Valladolid to start with.

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Bit strange how they have decided on this ticket site to say Valladolid though.Not exactly conveinant if anybody has booked flights to Seville.It's a 6 hour journey.Madrid is about 3 hours away.Iknow it says the stadium might change,but why would they even think of Valladolid to start with.

Also.The stadium only holds about 28000.Let's hope it ain't there.

Reading this article from a few weeks ago:https://alicanteplaza.es/tebas-responde-a-rubiales-pretende-darnos-lecciones-un-gestor-ruinoso-que-ademas-miente

It appears the RFEF are contracted to play two matches in Andalusia, with their game against Norway being the only scheduled in that area so far (with only our game to be given a venue), so the game shouldn't be played in Valladolid.

Edit: This article backs up the game will be somewhere in Andalusia: https://www.mundodeportivo.com/seleccion-espanola/20230214/1001941234/espana-jugara-santander-valladolid.html

Edited by Clyde1998

2 hours ago, The Lowlander said:

Just noticed a ticket site is selling tickets for Scotland V Spain in Valladolid. But it says the stadium may change in the future so we can probably ignore it.

https://www.biletwise.com/en/spain-vs-scotland-european-football-championship-2024-qualifiers-tickets/

See they are selling tickets for all Scotland games home and away.Saying the Georgia away is in Batum and the Cyprus away in Larnaca.Suppose they must just be guessing at the moment but guessing Valladolid as the Spain away venue seems a bit odd.

28 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Great news if you are in Madrid.  Not so great when you are in Malaga 🙄

Bloody road works as well …..🙂

300D8E29-788B-47B6-AEDC-DEB0D0D84833.jpeg.a71f2bd3f5ba21f79d359a2bcf81c714.jpeg

I don't think you need to worry about Valladolid. It won't be there.

If it's not in Andalusia, my money's on Elche (this is their centenary year).

45 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I don't think you need to worry about Valladolid. It won't be there.

If it's not in Andalusia, my money's on Elche (this is their centenary year).

Still no exactly a stones throw for someone who gets travel sick in any car journey of 90 mins or more 🙂

This could be my biggest cock up since booking Bucharest instead of Budapest.