Abhorrent Banned Songs - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Abhorrent Banned Songs

Being 'up to our your knees in fenian blood' or having 'no pope in Rome' appears 'fashionable' again with 'zero tolerance' posted missing

Got me thinking.....

Why is the above seen to be 'accepted / bodyswerved,' but the IDS causes outrage?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Redz said:

Being 'up to our your knees in fenian blood' or having 'no pope in Rome' appears 'fashionable' again with 'zero tolerance' posted missing

Got me thinking.....

Why is the above seen to be 'accepted / bodyswerved,' but the IDS causes outrage?

Wow. Aberdeen must be on a real bad run. 

4 hours ago, Redz said:

Got me thinking.....

Disgusting behavior. No place in life let alone a football ground for this. They should be banned, but it will be ignored as usual..

11 hours ago, Redz said:

Got me thinking.....

Because football fans have double standards. I’m pretty sure there’ will be some people who sing the IDS who are outraged by The Billy Boys etc. 

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Because football fans have double standards. I’m pretty sure there’ will be some people who sing the IDS who are outraged by The Billy Boys etc. 

Double standards from the governing body is far more of a concern - Depends who's 'policing' it, or not, at the end of the day - Which was my original point

My heart sinks when I hear so called fans singing about dead people or disasters etc.  Rangers and Celtic have and will always sing the songs of their believed religions.  That doesn't bother me anymore.  But singing about the dead really gets to me.  Ramy I sometimes go to my brother in laws before an old firm game and they have the tunes on before they go to get the bus.  They are Celtic men and great guys as well.  That doesn't bother me and you have said on here before that you enjoy doing that as well.  Same with the Rangers boys in the pub before they head of.  Do we really want fans singing come by aa before a game?  Naw rivalry is rivarly and as long as everybody shakes hands and has a laugh after the game.  But as happens in every walk of life some folk take it too far.  But not the majority thankfully.

Speak to your club and ask them why they allow fans who sing such songs to continue to be allowed.

Speak to your clubs and personally point out who sings these songs

The fan will only take so much responsibility, and as good (whether you admit or not) to change up our songbook, this season has definitely gone back the way.  NPOR was one I hadn't heard in a long time until the Pope's Death.

The clubs and governing bodies don't give 2 fucks unless it's harming them in the pocket.  

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Double standards from the governing body is far more of a concern - Depends who's 'policing' it, or not, at the end of the day - Which was my original point

I’m not sure I’m picking you up correctly? I don’t recall seeing anything from any of the governing bodies specifically condemning the IDS? 

27 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m not sure I’m picking you up correctly? I don’t recall seeing anything from any of the governing bodies specifically condemning the IDS? 

No, I don't believe so either - I just felt it was the 'obvious' one to choose given the scale of the issue

15 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I was in a pub in Melbourne when rangers played Celtic in 2015 and it was full of rangers fans singing their songs. I left and went somewhere else. It’s easy enough to avoid if you don’t want to hear it. 

Belting them out pleased as punch last Sunday - How can it be avoided in the stadium ?

*As an aside, I've never understood why media outlets in Scotland will apologise for any swearing being picked up, but not barbaric songs glorifying death

10 minutes ago, Redz said:

No, I don't believe so either - I just felt it was the 'obvious' one to choose given the scale of the issue

I’ve never  heard the IDS song to be honest. I know it’s a cop out but I never watch football on TV with the volume on. In terms of sectarian singing at matches its a rarity at Ibrox. It’s definitely a problem away from home. The police have the powers to deal with it. 

18 minutes ago, Redz said:

Belting them out pleased as punch last Sunday - How can it be avoided in the stadium ?

*As an aside, I've never understood why media outlets in Scotland will apologise for any swearing being picked up, but not barbaric songs glorifying death

Don’t go? 

Sure there’s plenty who don’t watch games involving either of them. 

Not being funny but I don't even know what IDS is.  But my point is that every country has fans that sing songs of hatred towards other teams.  A woman from Liverpool has put in a request to the FA that any fans singing about Hillsborough then the team should be deducted points.  It gave you you evidence of Everton and Man Utd fans singing it.  My opinion is that how can the clubs be responsible for that.  Same as the clubs up here.  They cannot enforce what their own fans sing about, disgusting as it may be.  

22 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I’ve never  heard the IDS song to be honest. I know it’s a cop out but I never watch football on TV with the volume on. In terms of sectarian singing at matches its a rarity at Ibrox. It’s definitely a problem away from home. The police have the powers to deal with it. 

You are correct.  The clubs have no control of that.  It's a police matter.  

8 hours ago, Debian said:

Speak to your club and ask them why they allow fans who sing such songs to continue to be allowed.

Speak to your clubs and personally point out who sings these songs

The fan will only take so much responsibility, and as good (whether you admit or not) to change up our songbook, this season has definitely gone back the way.  NPOR was one I hadn't heard in a long time until the Pope's Death.

The clubs and governing bodies don't give 2 fucks unless it's harming them in the pocket.  

Thanks

Personally I think the fans have a bigger part to play - Providing a seat number is easy, and avoids confrontation

We said that on Sunday - Another step backwards for RFC 2012 for all to see

7 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Thanks

I remain unconvinced - However you'll know better than me as it's been around 15 years since I've set foot in the place

The clubs have their seat numbers - For me using the police as a smokescreen doesn't cut it

8 hours ago, EddardStark said:

51 minutes ago, Redz said:

Thanks

I remain unconvinced - However you'll know better than me as it's been around 15 years since I've set foot in the place

The clubs have their seat numbers - For me using the police as a smokescreen doesn't cut it

Yes that’s a fair point. All I would  say that iif the fans are identified by police they are banned for life. 

38 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Are you serious?

So when do the police at Ibrox deal with these so called 'rarities'??

And why does is sectarian singing at Sevco games happening in the first place Eddard?

What game(s) has there been sectarian singing at this season?

Apart from NPOR and TBB at the Old Firm Game - which hushed out quick, there's none to my recollection.