Old pic... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Is this Facebook now?

No, it's an interesting pic of a member of the TAMB at the gravesite of arguably one of the greatest Celtic goalkeepers of all time. It's also a pic of a Scotland trackie from around 1995 I would guess, maybe a few posters would recognize it, maybe bring back some memories, oh and the old Samba trainers. There is more in this pic than me my friend..

14 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No, it's an interesting pic of a member of the TAMB at the gravesite of arguably one of the greatest Celtic goalkeepers of all time. It's also a pic of a Scotland trackie from around 1995 I would guess, maybe a few posters would recognize it, maybe bring back some memories, oh and the old Samba trainers. There is more in this pic than me my friend..

Ramy. Where is that in Fife. |I stay here now and would like to go and see it.  I have have read the history of him and what happened.  Not seen the statue for Jim Baxter yet in Hill of Beath but again on my list to visit.  But would like to visit the grave.  We were speaking in the pub the other day about famous footballers who came from Fife and a few were mentioned.  Was he from Fife?

23 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Have a look at this old beauty. Up in Fife visiting Johnny Thompsons grave. Remember this classic Scotland  trackie? Complete with Blonde highlights, and adidas Sambas. Who dressed me !! 🤣🤣🤣

20230107_105231.jpg

You could at least get his name right,it's actually there for you to copy 😉. What year was that you were through here Ramy?

1 hour ago, Wullie Anderson said:

You could at least get his name right,it's actually there for you to copy 😉. What year was that you were through here Ramy?

Apologies, the spelling was my mistake. That was 1996 mate, I was up through Helensburough and Rue that same day.  

On 1/7/2023 at 3:57 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Have a look at this old beauty. Up in Fife visiting Johnny Thompsons grave. Remember this classic Scotland  trackie? Complete with Blonde highlights, and adidas Sambas. Who dressed me !! 🤣🤣🤣

20230107_105231.jpg

Is that a standard size grave stone 😜

Hope this is right thread Ramy.  As I said just by coincidence was discussing any other players who made it senior for any clubs that came from Fife.  John Thomson was born in Kircaldy.  Any others for folks clubs.  Apologies if not right thread.

12 hours ago, SamP said:

Hope this is right thread Ramy.  As I said just by coincidence was discussing any other players who made it senior for any clubs that came from Fife.  John Thomson was born in Kircaldy.  Any others for folks clubs.  Apologies if not right thread.

From Cardenden there was John,Tommy Hutchison,Willie Johnston & Willie Mathieson who both played in the Cup winners cup final for Rangers.

Also Kevin Bain who captained the under 16 workd cup final team.

6 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

While you are there check out the Bowhill Mining Disaster memorial on the opposite side.An accident that happened only a few weeks after John's death.

Thanks.  Intend to explore the history of Fife this year,

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2023 at 3:57 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

20230107_105231.jpg

Who’s the statue on the right 😜