2023 Bucket list, or To do list.... - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2023 Bucket list, or To do list....


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, bonzo said:

Years ago I got my maw Tom Jones tickets for her birthday, I wrapped them in a pair of knickers to save her modesty 😄

 I hope you told her to haud onto her ha’penny ! 😁
 

16 hours ago, fringo said:

It's not unusual.

😂 you just cant Help Yourself can you ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 aye that was a good decision! 

Usd 150 sounds better. I dont even mind going a bit higher for decent seats but Usd 400 is a bit steep. At that price I might need to buy 1 ticket and send Mr Tidy to the tribute act in London. 

This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread and you may already be aware but do you know Billy Joel is playing Hyde Park in June/July?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread and you may already be aware but do you know Billy Joel is playing Hyde Park in June/July?

I do thanks. That was Mr Tidys second negotiation tactic after the offer of a tribute act. But I told him to get his wallet out,  this lady’s  not for turning 😁 I am not keen on outside concerts in the UK, weather is too unpredictable. And I am not that keen on London either ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I do thanks. That was Mr Tidys second negotiation tactic after the offer of a tribute act. But I told him to get his wallet out,  this lady’s  not for turning 😁 I am not keen on outside concerts in the UK, weather is too unpredictable. And I am not that keen on London either ! 

Looks like you're sorted.  Get the cheapest seat you can and then just sit there looking forlorn... https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/reason-why-billy-joel-refuses-sell-front-row-seats/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Looks like you're sorted.  Get the cheapest seat you can and then just sit there looking forlorn... https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/reason-why-billy-joel-refuses-sell-front-row-seats/

Thats a great idea, what a guy. 
I know its hard to believe but I can do forlorn ! His security may shunt me right back to the cheap seats right enough when they hear my tone deaf wailing during every song.  There is also a good argument for enthusiast fans to banned from the front row. 

There are no tickets for sale in December at the moment, only goes up to July.. I will have to be ready to pounce ! 
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2023 at 2:49 PM, TDYER63 said:

😂 as soon as i hit ‘submit’  I bloody knew you , or someone else, would pick up on that,  and was actually going to clarify that I love his music,  not him 😁

I am quite bad right enough. I have a wee ‘photo’ keyring at work for my desk and years ago one of my colleagues put a photo of Ally McCoist in it as loved him then.
Then , when Ally got older ,   I changed it to Sergio Ramos , then he got the boot and Jamie from Outlander was inserted. He is still there as I may lose my good reputation if I put someone else in 😁

I don't get this obsession that women have with certain male celebrities. It would piss me off no end if my partner did something like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Freeedom said:

I don't get this obsession that women have with certain male celebrities. It would piss me off no end if my partner did something like that.

😂 I imagine that if it was an obsession, and he thought for one minute there was a hope in hell of any celebrity being interested in me, my husband would also be pissed off. As it is , its daft crushes I have had on people I  know absolutely nothing about .  And there is as much chance of me bumping into Sergio Ramos in Morrisons Johnstone as there is of Malcolm joining the Green Party  😁

 (That said, I do see Ally McCoist in the pub regularly! ) 

Its not just women that have celebrity crushes. Its a bit of fun in the same way that I am not the least bit bothered about my husband’s crushes on , over the years, Sarah Greene, Linda Lusardi and Jasmine from A Place in the Sun . 

I think both of us would be VERY pissed off though if the person concerned was Tommy or Jeanette from up the road  ! 😁
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I might have a chance of doing the Inca Trail and Machu Pichu later this year so that’s pretty much my 2023 bucket list and I very much hope it comes off! 

I had the chance to do that a few years ago as a freebie as a mate pulled out of a charity trek there and he asked me to step in. I refused though as I was already booked up for Germany away in Dortmund (the Anya game) 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took voluntary redundancy from my work at the end of the year there. Been a printer for the same company for 28 years and just got really fed up of working in a factory. Got offered a good deal so jumped at it. It had been my bucket-list thing to get out years ago but it was too comfortable and easy(ish). 
 

Major career change as I start my new job on Feb 1st as a tour guide driver for a travel company based in Edinburgh. Driving about Glencoe and the Highlands in my kilt slavering to tourists about Nessie and stuff. Some cracking views as my new ‘office window’ and I’m looking forward to it! 🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by McTeeko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Took voluntary redundancy from my work at the end of the year there. Been a printer for the same company for 28 years and just got really fed up of working in a factory. Got offered a good deal so jumped at it. It had been my bucket-list thing to get out years ago but it was too comfortable and easy(ish). 
 

Major career change as I start my new job on Feb 1st as a tour guide driver for a travel company based in Edinburgh. Driving about Glencoe and the Highlands in my kilt slavering to tourists about Nessie and stuff. Some cracking views as my new ‘office window’ and I’m looking forward to it! 🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Guid on ya teek👍

I was a tour guide for about 7-8 years at turn of the century, best job I ever had .

You'll love it ...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

 

What company is it, I have a few pals still doing it .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stocky said:

Guid on ya teek👍

I was a tour guide for about 7-8 years at turn of the century, best job I ever had .

You'll love it ...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

 

What company is it, I have a few pals still doing it .

Highland Experience Tours. Still to pass my PCV etc but looking forward to getting started. No too sure about the seasonal hours and varying monthly payments but we’ll see how it all goes 👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took voluntary redundancy 5 years ago and retrained as a Primary Teacher. COVID kind of screwed up the benefit of 13 weeks holidays a year. Although I'd have done it anyway (the teaching), making the most of time and travel with my family is my main life goal outside of work. Myself and the wee man are on 12 hour round trips to Rugby Park (now got season tickets) and even that is enjoyable, apart from actually having to watch the horrendous standard of football 😂. Looking to explore Italy via Bergamo/Atalanta this year, hopefully Easter holidays, and a 3-4 week Spanish adventure in the summer with 2-3 weeks on Menorca at my wife's family apartment ☀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Took voluntary redundancy from my work at the end of the year there. Been a printer for the same company for 28 years and just got really fed up of working in a factory. Got offered a good deal so jumped at it. It had been my bucket-list thing to get out years ago but it was too comfortable and easy(ish). 
 

Major career change as I start my new job on Feb 1st as a tour guide driver for a travel company based in Edinburgh. Driving about Glencoe and the Highlands in my kilt slavering to tourists about Nessie and stuff. Some cracking views as my new ‘office window’ and I’m looking forward to it! 🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

That is brilliant. It really is inspiring to see someone make such a change to their career after so many years. It is genuinely really brave, I know only too well how easy it is to stay in a job for ease.
And what a fantastic change. Good luck , I am sure you will be great at it. 

Ps. If you do the Outlander tour mind and get me a signed photo of Jamie ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its hardly a bucket list but this year I am going on holiday just with my pals for the first time since 1982. 
In all these years I have only been with my husband or our daughters/their partners. 

A few of us are 60 this year so going away for 5 days. Benidorm of all places 😱 I am kinda shiteing it.  Hope we dont all fall out ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That is brilliant. It really is inspiring to see someone make such a change to their career after so many years. It is genuinely really brave, I know only too well how easy it is to stay in a job for ease.
And what a fantastic change. Good luck , I am sure you will be great at it. 

Ps. If you do the Outlander tour mind and get me a signed photo of Jamie ! 

That IS one of the tours they offer. Along with the Harry Potter/Glenfinnan tour. 
 

Never seen an episode of Outlander or a Harry Potter film in my puff! 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its hardly a bucket list but this year I am going on holiday just with my pals for the first time since 1982. 
In all these years I have only been with my husband or our daughters/their partners. 

A few of us are 60 this year so going away for 5 days. Benidorm of all places 😱 I am kinda shiteing it.  Hope we dont all fall out ! 

To be fair, you’re still no bad for touching 60. You might pull a hot young English guy on his brother’s stag weekend for the night! 😉

Edited by McTeeko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

That IS one of the tours they offer. Along with the Harry Potter/Glenfinnan tour. 
 

Never seen an episode of Outlander or a Harry Potter film in my puff! 😕

OMG ! You need to watch them. Outlander is great for the first few seasons but it goes a bit pish when it is mainly set in America. Even Jamie couldn’t tempt me to watch it after that. 
Harry Potter is good too but its mainly a kids thing IMO. 
I keep saying for me and Mr Tidy to go on the Outlander tour. Will give you a good review if we get you !  😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

To be fair, you’re still no bad for touching 60. You might pull and hot young English guy on his brother’s stag weekend for the night! 😉

 😂 you haven’t seen me post covid.  Even a real stag would knock me back ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 5:44 PM, Fairbairn said:

I might have a chance of doing the Inca Trail and Machu Pichu later this year so that’s pretty much my 2023 bucket list and I very much hope it comes off! 

It's shut atm due to protests in Peru.

Hopefully opens up later, it's something i'd love to do as well. Was actually browsing walking holidays in that part of the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2023 at 5:02 PM, TDYER63 said:

No no no no no. Most of his best music was in the 70’s IMO. The Stranger  has some of his best songs. Scenes from and Italian Restaurant, Vienna , Just the way you are, only the good die young. 
A lot of his 80’s stuff is catchy, and Good Saigon which does not fall into the ‘catchy’ category is one of my favourite songs, but he definitely peaked in the 70’s. 

Yes his 70's work was brilliant, also his 1983 album "Innocent Man" is outstanding, my first dance at our wedding was "Just The Way You Are", great pianist, great vocalist & an amazing songwriter.. . . . . . . . . . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...