2023 Bucket list, or To do list.... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2023 Bucket list, or To do list....

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That would be amazing. The closest I got to Billy Joel was I saw his 3000 ft yaught in the New York Harbour when I was in NYC a few year ago.. I love Billy Joel... Legend..

He honestly is the only person I would break the bank to see and I can defend the cost as it’s unlikely he will be playing by the time my next big birthday comes. . I love him. I also want it to be NY so I can kill 2 birds with the one stone as I would like to go there too.

You have just challenged me to bucket list number 3, getting on Billy Joels yacht ! 😁

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

He honestly is the only person I would break the bank to see and I can defend the cost as it’s unlikely he will be playing by the time my next big birthday comes. . I love him. I also want it to be NY so I can kill 2 birds with the one stone as I would like to go there too.

You have just challenged me to bucket list number 3, getting on Billy Joels yacht ! 😁

Do you just fancy anybody in troosers Tydy 🤔😉

First it was David Mitchell, then he was dumped for another guy, (Cannae mind his name) now it's Billy Joel...

Have you no shame woman.,🤔😉😉😂

2 minutes ago, stocky said:

Do you just fancy anybody in troosers Tydy 🤔😉

First it was David Mitchell, then he was dumped for another guy, (Cannae mind his name) now it's Billy Joel...

Have you no shame woman.,🤔😉😉😂

😂 as soon as i hit ‘submit’  I bloody knew you , or someone else, would pick up on that,  and was actually going to clarify that I love his music,  not him 😁

I am quite bad right enough. I have a wee ‘photo’ keyring at work for my desk and years ago one of my colleagues put a photo of Ally McCoist in it as loved him then.
Then , when Ally got older ,   I changed it to Sergio Ramos , then he got the boot and Jamie from Outlander was inserted. He is still there as I may lose my good reputation if I put someone else in 😁

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Strictly 80s Joel

No no no no no. Most of his best music was in the 70’s IMO. The Stranger  has some of his best songs. Scenes from and Italian Restaurant, Vienna , Just the way you are, only the good die young. 
A lot of his 80’s stuff is catchy, and Good Saigon which does not fall into the ‘catchy’ category is one of my favourite songs, but he definitely peaked in the 70’s. 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

No no no no no. Most of his best music was in the 70’s IMO. The Stranger  has some of his best songs. Scenes from and Italian Restaurant, Vienna , Just the way you are, only the good die young. 
A lot of his 80’s stuff is catchy, and Good Saigon which does not fall into the ‘catchy’ category is one of my favourite songs, but he definitely peaked in the 70’s. 

Stepbrother innit

https://youtu.be/kFJdl7t2k5E

Edited by Debian

Octoberfest has been on my list for as long as I can remember, need to do it soon as I feel I'm getting too old and crabbit for such crowds 😁 but jeez the hotels are not cheap.

Don't know why there's a big empty space 🤷‍♂️

Edited by bonzo

7 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Octoberfest has been on my list for as long as I can remember, need to do it soon as I feel I'm getting too old and crabbit for such crowds 😁 but jeez the hotels are not cheap

A boy I work with has done loads of travelling, watched Scotland play football and rugby all over world and he reckons it’s his favourite trip. He’s been half a dozen times, I’m not a big drinker so I think it would be lost on me

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

That will be your memory after a few days at Octoberfest ! 

I booked this a few years ago for a xmas present for my husband but my mum got very unwell just before it and we had to cancel. Then covid struck so still not been. It seems to be so much more expensive now 🙁

3 hours ago, bonzo said:

Octoberfest has been on my list for as long as I can remember, need to do it soon as I feel I'm getting too old and crabbit for such crowds 😁 but jeez the hotels are not cheap.

Give the Frühlingsfest a go, Oktoberfest’s ‘wee sister’. It’s in springtime and only takes place in two (albeit massive) marquees but it’ll be cheaper. Same location as October’s event. We did it a few years ago on a stag weekend and we still talk about it now - absolutely cracking weekend!

https://www.thirstyswagman.com/german-beer-festivals/springfest-munich/

Edited by McTeeko

On 1/7/2023 at 12:22 PM, TDYER63 said:

Its my 60 th in December. Hoping to see Billy Joel in Madison Square Garden. Never seen him or been to New York so covering 2 off my bucket list if it happens .
My husband tried to negotiate with tickets for a fookin tribute act in London . 

I was in NYC  for my 60th in August,he was in the Gardens when we were there.Cheapest ticket available was just under $400.

You will enjoy the city,so much to do and see,depending how long you are there for Philly is just over an hour away on the Amtrak.We spent a day down there and you will have to do the customary Rocky steps. 😉

11 hours ago, dan cake said:

A boy I work with has done loads of travelling, watched Scotland play football and rugby all over world and he reckons it’s his favourite trip. He’s been half a dozen times, I’m not a big drinker so I think it would be lost on me

I know a  few folk that have been and they all say the same. Truth be told I probably should have went 25 years ago.

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

That will be your memory after a few days at Octoberfest ! 

I booked this a few years ago for a xmas present for my husband but my mum got very unwell just before it and we had to cancel. Then covid struck so still not been. It seems to be so much more expensive now 🙁

Hahaha, that's going anyway. Hotel prices are crazy, not much change out of 2 grand for hotels for a week and that is spending a couple of days there before it starts.

8 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Give the Frühlingsfest a go, Oktoberfest’s ‘wee sister’. It’s in springtime and only takes place in two (albeit massive) marquees but it’ll be cheaper. Same location as October’s event. We did it a few years ago on a stag weekend and we still talk about it now - absolutely cracking weekend!

https://www.thirstyswagman.com/german-beer-festivals/springfest-munich/

We lived in Germany for a couple of years(al be it Hamburg) and talked at the time about going to the spring festival by train, never happened though. Maybe a more viable option now looking at the pricing. 

On 1/9/2023 at 6:29 AM, bonzo said:

Hahaha, that's going anyway. Hotel prices are crazy, not much change out of 2 grand for hotels for a week and that is spending a couple of days there before it starts.

Had a look back, it was still under my trips in booking.com. Was Dec 2017 i booked it for Sep 18, 3 nights hotel was eur 872 . Cant believe I paid that, it must have been the going rate as I would not normally pay ridiculous money for a hotel I would hardly be in. Think McTeekos suggestion is worth considering, 

Our trip was always doomed. I was making it a surprise for his Christmas. I had a box and was going to put a stein glass and german sausage in it, along with an a4 bit of paper with pictures of a german flag, guy In Lederhosen and Hitler to give him a clue where he was going. 
I  was planning on putting the box together on xmas eve, but when i got home from work that day he was sitting at the kitchen table eating the bloody German sausage ! He must have found it in the fridge , god knows how  I had hidden it and the fridge was packed with food. So I had to go back out to the shops. Bloody aisles were 10 people deep and I am standing there with one German sausage. 
Then on xmas day he was supposed to get his presents last,  but the presents all got mixed up and he opened a card from my daughter with eur 50 in it saying ‘ merry xmas dad, but yourself a few pints at the German beer festival’ . So my big surprise was spoiled 🙄

On 1/9/2023 at 2:37 AM, Wullie Anderson said:

I was in NYC  for my 60th in August,he was in the Gardens when we were there.Cheapest ticket available was just under $400.

You will enjoy the city,so much to do and see,depending how long you are there for Philly is just over an hour away on the Amtrak.We spent a day down there and you will have to do the customary Rocky steps. 😉

Urgh,  usd 400 ! This is going to be a hard sell . 

48 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Mrs F is thinking of going to NYC with her pal and I was looking at Billy Joel (abbreviated that and thought better of it) tickets at the weekend and I’m sure there were some around the $150 mark. 

58 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Cost you a lot more than that.

You'll need to buy new knickers as well to replace all the ones you'll be throwing at him.. 🤔😉....

43 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Mrs F is thinking of going to NYC with her pal and I was looking at Billy Joel (abbreviated that and thought better of it) tickets at the weekend and I’m sure there were some around the $150 mark. 

😂 aye that was a good decision! 

Usd 150 sounds better. I dont even mind going a bit higher for decent seats but Usd 400 is a bit steep. At that price I might need to buy 1 ticket and send Mr Tidy to the tribute act in London. 

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Cost you a lot more than that.

You'll need to buy new knickers as well to replace all the ones you'll be throwing at him.. 🤔😉....

😂 I have honestly never understood why women throw their knickers at pop stars. Especially the ones that throw them at Tom Jones. 

58 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I have honestly never understood why women throw their knickers at pop stars. Especially the ones that throw them at Tom Jones. 

Years ago I got my maw Tom Jones tickets for her birthday, I wrapped them in a pair of knickers to save her modesty 😄

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 aye that was a good decision! 

Usd 150 sounds better. I dont even mind going a bit higher for decent seats but Usd 400 is a bit steep. At that price I might need to buy 1 ticket and send Mr Tidy to the tribute act in London. 

That was about 2-3 weeks before we went over,every chance you might get them a lot cheaper well in advance.

Because i went to see Scocha after the tartan parade one year i get regular emails from Sony Hall informing me of gigs that are coming up in the months ahead.

We went to see Red Bulls against Cinanniti,different experience to "soccer" match 😉