Movies 2023 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I saw the trailer for that a while back it sent it round my mates saying this will either be the best or the worst film I'll see this year.  Going by the early reviews it looks like the latter although I think some reviewers might be taking it a tad too seriously!

Not going up for any Oscars then?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Things have definitely moved on from The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams ....

That came after after Grizzly 1976

A bit like Jaws - but on land with a bear

So basically they have heard about the bear eating cocaine and decided just to rehash the 76 film

Edited by Ally Bongo

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

That came after after Grizzly 1976

A bit like Jaws - but on land with a bear

So basically they have heard about the bear eating cocaine and decided just to rehash the 76 film

😂 god that looks utter shit.

Its actually the Life and Times of Grizzly Adams TV series I was thinking, that must have been after the film. I used to stay with my great gran on a Saturday night as I had a weekend  job in a paper shop when i was at school and there were no buses early enough to get me to the shop at 6.30 am on a Sunday morning from our house. My great gran lived round the corner from the  shop so I stayed with her on a Saturday night.
She was very religious. We would watch The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams then she would pack me off to bed with the bible. I was about 15 ! My bed was in a recess in the kitchen. It was pretty scary when I think back as she was a spiritualist. 

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

You reckon it's that good 🙂🙂🙂

Utter pish but In the late 70s when you were 10-12 they were great

Orca:Killer Whale with Richard Harris was at that time too

Ok, reporting back…… saw cocaine bear last night. Cocaine Bear is worth a watch!
Funny film, spoof horror. Depends on your sense of humour but I enjoyed the hour and a half. Maybe because expectations weren’t high.

ranger liz was really good……. nothing to do with ra bears.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 8:01 AM, Fairbairn said:

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and can’t figure out if I think it’s a 1 or a 5 star film! I do know I’ve been thinking about it constantly since I watched it! 

Also, have you tried explaining to anyone watch it’s actually about? Practically impossible! 

Cleans up at the Oscars, I’m having a punt on Cocaine Bear for next year 

• 2 weeks later...

There were 2 films on Film 4 last night that were alright

A Vigilante - same sort of Death Wish style except this time it's a woman who helps abused women from her therapy group whilst trying to find her husband, who had murdered her boy, before he finds her 

The Hunt - same kind of genre as Hostel and the likes about wealthy Americans who kidnap other American "undesirables" and hunt them for sport in the balkans - except they kidnap the wrong girl they targetted and the one they take is a veteran of Afghanistan

Seemingly this was the film that Trump was raging about only knowing about what he thought was the premise

Was alright - the bird in it is Betty Gilpin who has tremendous chebs who to my delight had famously got them out in Nurse Jackie

You are welcome

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

The Hunt - same kind of genre as Hostel and the likes about wealthy Americans who kidnap other American "undesirables" and hunt them for sport in the balkans - except they kidnap the wrong girl they targetted and the one they take is a veteran of Afghanistan

Seemingly this was the film that Trump was raging about only knowing about what he thought was the premise

Was alright - the bird in it is Betty Gilpin who has tremendous chebs who to my delight had famously got them out in Nurse Jackie

You are welcome

“Hilary Swanks erse 5 stars” Dan Cake

Watched Tetris at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's the story of the guy who tried to secure the rights to the game from Russia in the early 80s.  The story behind it and the film itself are way more interesting than that sounds and it's well worth checking out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 10:17 PM, dan cake said:

Just watched Everything Everywhere All At Once, seriously wtf?

Just watched it and thought it must be one of the craziest films ever. A collision of genres and references to other things, and a trail of things for fans to pick over and try to work out for years to come (maybe a bit like Rocky Horror in that respect)

But it was way too long. Given that much of it, probably you haven't a clue what's going on, you could cut half of it and wouldn't miss it.

Devil Girl from Mars. Old school sci fi from 1954, but for some reason repackaged as HD 2023.

The image above is misleading, as nothing takes place on Mars, the vibe is more

Devil Girl From Mars poster.jpg

The action takes place in Inverness-shire, so it must count as a "Scottish movie" though for all I know it could have been filmed in Hertfordshire, on a single set/location and a model space-ship. 

• 4 weeks later...

The original Battle Royale is on Sky Sci-Fi at 10pm if you havent seen it and dont mind subtitles

A million times better than the hunger games

It was originally banned for 10 years

• 2 months later...