Movies 2023 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's 2023 and it relates to movies this has came out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64160726

Romeo and Juliet: Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting sue over 1968 film's 'sexual abuse'

The stars of the Oscar-winning 1968 film Romeo and Juliet are suing Paramount Pictures for sexual abuse over a nude scene they appeared in.

Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey were teenagers when they made the movie.

In a new legal case, the English actors, now in their 70s, claim director Franco Zeffirelli encouraged them to do nude scenes despite previous assurances that they would not have to.

I love Olivia Hussey and she was once one of the most beautiful girls on the planet. It's just a pity that they did this interview in 1967

She is 15/16 here being interviewed with a voddy and orange and ciggy

The me too movement is getting out of hand

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Since it's 2023 and it relates to movies this has came out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64160726

Romeo and Juliet: Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting sue over 1968 film's 'sexual abuse'

The stars of the Oscar-winning 1968 film Romeo and Juliet are suing Paramount Pictures for sexual abuse over a nude scene they appeared in.

Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey were teenagers when they made the movie.

In a new legal case, the English actors, now in their 70s, claim director Franco Zeffirelli encouraged them to do nude scenes despite previous assurances that they would not have to.

I love Olivia Hussey and she was once one of the most beautiful girls on the planet. It's just a pity that they did this interview in 1967

She is 15/16 here being interviewed with a voddy and orange and ciggy

The me too movement is getting out of hand

The temporary suspension of the Statute of Limitations in California will have seen loads of cases like this surface.

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

As the thread says. Strictly speaking it may not belong in this topic as it came out last year. Watched Avatar 2 today. Wish I hadn't bothered and would have been better spending the night in with the Xmas tree before it gets taken down tomorrow.

The first one was a load of utter shite too.

“Wonderful cinematography!”

Fuck off. CGI pish 😏

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

The first one was a load of utter shite too.

“Wonderful cinematography!”

Fuck off. CGI pish 😏

The first one was amazing from a visual and technical POV if you watched it in 3D.  The story wasn't up to much but visually it was superb.

• 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Watched 'A man called Otto' at the weekend. Shades of 'It's a Wonderful Life', quite funny in places and well acted. 

Its a wonderful life is one of the worst films i've ever seen

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Just watched Everything Everywhere All At Once, seriously wtf?

I think i managed half an hour of it.

Watched Babylon last night. It was excellent, but its one of those 'Hollywood wanking itself off' movies. Similar to The Fabelmans (which was also superb), and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

All 3 worth watching though, don't get me wrong.

I think Fabelmans will win the best picture oscar.

26 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I think i managed half an hour of it.

Watched Babylon last night. It was excellent, but its one of those 'Hollywood wanking itself off' movies. Similar to The Fabelmans (which was also superb), and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

All 3 worth watching though, don't get me wrong.

I think Fabelmans will win the best picture oscar.

I refuse to watch or even entertain Once Upon a Time in Hollywood as it is still a case of Hollywood covering up what the Tate-LaBianca murders were all about

Tarantino knows the truth

Edited by Ally Bongo

9 hours ago, dan cake said:

Just watched Everything Everywhere All At Once, seriously wtf?

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and can’t figure out if I think it’s a 1 or a 5 star film! I do know I’ve been thinking about it constantly since I watched it! 

Also, have you tried explaining to anyone watch it’s actually about? Practically impossible! 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and can’t figure out if I think it’s a 1 or a 5 star film! I do know I’ve been thinking about it constantly since I watched it! 

Also, have you tried explaining to anyone watch it’s actually about? Practically impossible! 

I watched Labyrinth about 30 years ago e’d out my tits and it made perfect sense, too old for this now but it definitely would have helped

On 1/23/2023 at 10:53 PM, Kirk said:

Its a wonderful life is one of the worst films i've ever seen

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if Kirk wants to avoid further recommendations but saw 'Till' the other week. Not an easy watch but a good film, sadly one that probably won't be seen by as many people as it should be.

27 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I don't know if Kirk wants to avoid further recommendations but saw 'Till' the other week. Not an easy watch but a good film, sadly one that probably won't be seen by as many people as it should be.

Always open to suggestions, but Wonderful Life was heavy dung. 

16 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Thought that was OK but felt the acting was pretty patchy mainly by the mother.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Cocaine Bear is out tomorrow. Saw it advertised last night. I immediately thought ‘wtf’ . 

My mate sent me the trailer about 6 months ago I just assumed it was a spoof and the film didn’t exist turns out it does and it’s based on a true story. Wtf indeed 

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

My mate sent me the trailer about 6 months ago I just assumed it was a spoof and the film didn’t exist turns out it does and it’s based on a true story. Wtf indeed 

The only true bit is that a bear ate cocaine then died of an overdose before it could carry on drinking then start a fight

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Cocaine Bear is out tomorrow. Saw it advertised last night. I immediately thought ‘wtf’ . 

I saw the trailer for that a while back it sent it round my mates saying this will either be the best or the worst film I'll see this year.  Going by the early reviews it looks like the latter although I think some reviewers might be taking it a tad too seriously!