Frank McGarvey - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Very sad news..  I knew he was ill and had a battle on his hands, but I guess the cancer spread. What a great man. I'll never forget his late goal against Dundee Utd to win us the Scottish Cup. Rest in Peace Frank.. YNWA...🙏❤️

Sorry to hear Ramy.  I am sure he scored around 4 when Celtic beat St Mirren to win the league one year.

Gutted to hear this news. A hero of mine at my beloved St Mirren. Over 100 goals in two spells at Love Street and his winner to take us to the 1987 Cup Final will live long in the memory. Came across him at hospitality a couple of years ago and still held the club in very high regard. He regarded the Cup win in 87 as one of his greatest achievements. Sad that we never got the chance of him taking a bow in Paisley in front of the Saints fans one more time.

RIP Frank. Thanks for the memories ❤🖤🤍😪

6 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Gutted to hear this news. A hero of mine at my beloved St Mirren. Over 100 goals in two spells at Love Street and his winner to take us to the 1987 Cup Final will live long in the memory. Came across him at hospitality a couple of years ago and still held the club in very high regard. He regarded the Cup win in 87 as one of his greatest achievements. Sad that we never got the chance of him taking a bow in Paisley in front of the Saints fans one more time.

Sad news. He was a good player back in the day.

31 minutes ago, SamP said:

Sorry to hear Ramy.  I am sure he scored around 4 when Celtic beat St Mirren to win the league one year.

If you’re trying to imply what I think you are why don’t you just f”ck off and show some respect.

If I’m wrong in my assumptions then please explain what you mean. 

27 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Nice post, a hero of mines at Live St as well from an era where football was just a lot simpler. 

16 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

If you’re trying to imply what I think you are why don’t you just f”ck off and show some respect.

If I’m wrong in my assumptions then please explain what you mean. 

👏👏👏

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Very sad news. I would say my prime years in terms of never missing a game were between 77-86 and he was a key part in inflicting misery on my day. Great player for St Mirren and Celtic. RIP. 

Rangers had "Polaris" John MacDonald and Celtic had McGarvey

He didnt have as good a return as McGarvey but at his peak i thought MacDonald was the better all round player that suffered from the deterioration in the Rangers squad

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Rangers had "Polaris" John MacDonald and Celtic had McGarvey

He didnt have as good a return as McGarvey but at his peak i thought MacDonald was the better all round player that suffered from the deterioration in the Rangers squad

Mc Garveys best football in his career was always with St Mirren.

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Mc Garveys best football in his career was always with St Mirren.

Think of Slavia Prague at Love Street.

And I actually blame that clown Alex Miller for subbing him against that Swedish mob we are never allowed to mention which led to one of the lowest points I have ever experienced in all my years following the Buds. He was ripping them a new one all night and the minute Frank went off it all changes

• 2 weeks later...