RIP Pele - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

42 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

no kangaroo skin boots either, did I miss the one where he dummied the ball through his legs past the keeper ? didn't score tho

was that v Uruguay ? he ran one side of the keeper, ball the other ..... think it was played so much , as first time anyone had tried it (on film ....)

i also thought he was first with overhead/bicycle kick .... but appears in chile way earlier

12 hours ago, McTeeko said:

This was posted on Twitter during the World Cup…..

Saw this at the time, brilliant. Can you imagine if his career had been caught on camera as much as modern players?

8 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

spot the obvious mistake on last photo caption though ....

image.thumb.png.9ebe2b9321a82651ca079312133c42b3.png

What a thrill for those boys.

(Lucky wee shites 😄 )

NSYETYQUVFMOXPUW3IB2XVMWFQ.jpg

RIP the great man.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

https://nyfights.com/worldwide/rip-pele-the-greatest-footballer-of-all-time-1940-2022/

Editor over at NYF asked me for some words on Pele last night after the news broke. It was my honour to write this. Anyone interested, check it out.

Good summary of the man morrie…… imo his real name knocks spots of ‘Pele’.

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

https://nyfights.com/worldwide/rip-pele-the-greatest-footballer-of-all-time-1940-2022/

Editor over at NYF asked me for some words on Pele last night after the news broke. It was my honour to write this. Anyone interested, check it out.

Will read that in the morning morrie.  Well done though and am looking forward to the read. Great stories about him in newspaper today.  A great footballer and seemed a humble person.

I'm too young (just) to remember Pele. What I've found interesting is the few clips that get shown. Seem to be the same ones, header that bears Zoff, sets up Carlos Alberto, outrageous dummy but no end product. I guess there just isn't the amount of TV footage compared to players in the modern game.