craig gordon - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

craig gordon

tartan davie

5 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

Surely has to be one of the most contradictory posts I've read. Basically you hate the English because they hate the Scottish. Except for a couple of them who are all right. Oh, and lets just mention the monarchy for good measure. Couldn't be more stereo typical Celtic fan if you tried.

To be fair to Ramy he apparently has a job, so he isn't quite ticking all the boxes.

1 hour ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Tremendous!

Moving onto war chat via Angus Gunn is exactly the sort of proportionate reaction the internet is all about.

Well, with a name like Gunn...

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't really have a dog in this fight but if I can just try and point something out.  You say you've not said anything that you wouldn't say to anyone's face.  Would you tell your English pals that you "fucking hate the English and everything they stand for"?

Here !! I'm in a boozer in Ottawa full of English, I know maybe 10 of them. I was supporting France, and by the video, you can see that. My English mates know exactly how I feel about England, I have never had an issue with them. They are good lads, so no, I don't hate all of them. Just 97 percent of them.. lol 😆 

On 1/16/2023 at 1:41 PM, breeks_mctavish said:

Aw fuck, this gets more intriguing by the minute. Somebody pays this Ramy character to perform an actual day’s work? Stop it!

Guess Ramy’s job!

I’ll start the ball rolling with mediator.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/3338613186454560?mibextid=9drbnH&s=yWDuG2&fs=e🤣🤣

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Back to football for a moment, is it possible that a few months with Craig Gordon has improved Zander Clark to a point were he is the only serious contender for the keepers slot.

Good game again last night allthough will probably go unnoticed given the final score. 

He has been pretty good since he came into the side. Miles off the standard we are used to but probably the best we have at the moment and in line with most nations of our standing.

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

He has been pretty good since he came into the side. Miles off the standard we are used to but probably the best we have at the moment and in line with most nations of our standing.

Most nations of our standing have a keeper in the top leagues or a guy who played in the top leagues for at least a few years(or more) like gordon.

Our keeper situation is terrible compared to countries of a similar level to us. 

Just look at ireland, they have three keepers that would walk into our first team. Wales have Hennessey and ward.

Not trying to knock zander clark as i think he could do a job us but hes definitely not the standard we are used to or other countries at our level are either.

I hate to labour the point but going by recent squad announcements, Zander Clark is 3rd choice in Clarke's mind at best. Even when we did have the likes of Gordon, Marshall available I didn't understand the amount of discourse about him.

Realistically the No.1 will be either Liam Kelly or McCrorie. Most likely the former given the latter's lack of game time

43 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I hate to labour the point but going by recent squad announcements, Zander Clark is 3rd choice in Clarke's mind at best. Even when we did have the likes of Gordon, Marshall available I didn't understand the amount of discourse about him.

Realistically the No.1 will be either Liam Kelly or McCrorie. Most likely the former given the latter's lack of game time

Clark will have been down the pecking order this season as he wasnt getting any game time at Hearts. McLaughlin also started the season as Rangers number 1. Both of these have now changed so I would expect that will come into Clarkes thinking.

Ive not seen enough of Kelly to have a strong view but Clark has been playing well since Gordon got injured and Hearts are doing very well atm. If that continues then id expect him to get the jersey.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

One thing that is obvious is that for Hearts there is no discernible increase of goals conceded by them with Zander Clark in goal in place of Craig Gordon. That tells me he will be the man to start our first round of Euro qualifiers.

Watching their game against Livi now and the commentator has said Clark has the best shots saved ratio in the division currently

18 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Clark has been lucky today, almost dropped two big clangers. One making a mess of a punch and the other coming out of his goal and getting chipped though a defender cleared it off the line 

If you can’t be good be lucky 😉