Managers pay - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Somebody mentioned Jackie McNamara and his pay arrangement on another thread and it got me thinking.

I really dont have an issue with it ad wondered why others did. Basically he recieved a small percentage of any transfer fee of youth players or profit on players brought into the club when he was manager.

In my view a manager always has a difficult decision when it comes to developing and selling players. Often developing a young player will cost points (and put the managers job at risk) or selling your better players weakens the team which also puts the managers job at risk.

This arrangement gives a manager an extra incentive and encourages him to make profit for the club.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Somebody mentioned Jackie McNamara and his pay arrangement on another thread and it got me thinking.

I really dont have an issue with it ad wondered why others did. Basically he recieved a small percentage of any transfer fee of youth players or profit on players brought into the club when he was manager.

In my view a manager always has a difficult decision when it comes to developing and selling players. Often developing a young player will cost points (and put the managers job at risk) or selling your better players weakens the team which also puts the managers job at risk.

This arrangement gives a manager an extra incentive and encourages him to make profit for the club.

Craig Levein had a similar arrangement when he was destroying Hearts I believe.