First Game Back At Hampden - Let's Boycott Gibraltar! - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First Game Back At Hampden - Let's Boycott Gibraltar!

Debian

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do.

90% of the folk i'm going with have never seen us play England in Glasgow.

Some of them have never seen us play England at all.

THis game was always going to be near enough a sell out.

This - my ONLY reason for attending the England game is due to the fact that I have never witnessed a home game against the auld enemy in the flesh, infact the Wembley game last year was my first Scotland England game.

A purely selfish reason I know, but why should I miss out due to the SFAs incompetence!?

I will however boycott the Gibraltar game. This is even more ludicliously overpriced than the England game in my opinion. I take this decision with a heavy heart as I have not missed a home qualifier for many a year. I trust that we will be able to hammer this team of nobodies regardless of the attendance - again another reason for choosing this game to make my stance.

Thanks SFA, just thanks. That is all!

I really don't get this!

I do.

People who have probably never been to a Scotland game before are happy to pay it as one off because they are seduced by the fact we're playing England. They're not interested in boycotts because it doesn't make any difference to them like it does the fans who go regularly.

Edited by France here we come

Me and my Dad had tickets for the 89 game. I was about 7/8 at the time and was really looking forward to it.... but my Dad at the last minute said we were not going (someone had told him there had been some minor skirmishes in town the night before and then news started to come through as we were driving up to the game that there was battles on the streets of Glasgow around Hampden happening).

Yeah, exact same circumstances for myself..

This - my ONLY reason for attending the England game is due to the fact that I have never witnessed a home game against the auld enemy in the flesh, infact the Wembley game last year was my first Scotland England game.

A purely selfish reason I know, but why should I miss out due to the SFAs incompetence!?

I really hope the atmosphere reflects the one at the game at Wembley, as the last game in Glasgow in 1999, the atmosphere all day throughout the city was just poison with a feel that it was ready to kick off at the drop of a hat (probably the worst match day I can recall!)

Georgia game this campaign has a lot of similarities to the Faroe Islands game of 2006.

- 1st home game of the campaign

- lot of optimism following a good finish to the previous campaign

- Saturday KO

- unattractive opposition

35 k Georgia

Off the top of my head we got at least 50k at the Faroe game

Go figure SFA

Both games moved from Hampden too. But yeah, I think the Faroes tickets were £12 for adults.

(Which does mean the Georgia game took more than double the gate receipts, but that shouldn't be the point should it??????....)

I'll not be going to the Gibraltar game. If it had been under £20 or decent opposition I may have gone, but I'm not paying £35 to sit miles from the pitch on a Sunday night against part timers. I come up from Newcastle so would have to drive as there's no trains that late either.

$FA messed up big time, with the Georgia and Gibraltar games coming early in the campaign they had a great opportunity to introduce different pricing schemes (they already have for England).

Might have meant knocking £30ish off the season ticket price costing them circa £200k, but 2 full houses for Georgia and Gibraltar would have recouped that and more importantly kept the relationship with their customers a good bit more cordial...

$FA messed up big time, with the Georgia and Gibraltar games coming early in the campaign they had a great opportunity to introduce different pricing schemes (they already have for England).

Might have meant knocking £30ish off the season ticket price costing them circa £200k, but 2 full houses for Georgia and Gibraltar would have recouped that and more importantly kept the relationship with their customers a good bit more cordial...

you see for me this sort of stuff seems basic for the industry the SFA are in. So it just makes you realise how far from adequate the guys calling the shots on this are. I mean its simple maths to come up with a flexible pricing structure that if sold correctly to the fans would result in pretty much the same income, significantly increased attendances helping the team and a more satisfied customer base.

It beggars belief that the SFA cant get this right.

I really hope the atmosphere reflects the one at the game at Wembley, as the last game in Glasgow in 1999, the atmosphere all day throughout the city was just poison with a feel that it was ready to kick off at the drop of a hat (probably the worst match day I can recall!)

I would like to think footbal fan's culture has moved on dramatically since 1999.......Wembley being testimony to that! However, Glasgow is smaller, meaning rival fans will be mingling more.....

It's the 55 crowd wanting to see their pals south of the border I suspect...

Bore off FFS

For what it's worth i agree with your OP. Would definitely support this but don't agree England was the game to do it. This game was always going to be close to a sell out with or without regular attendees.

I wont be at England or Gibraltar games due to disgraceful ticket prices, bad kick of times and games that are meaningless.

These are the best games to send a strong message that the treatment the TA have received is unacceptable.

Unfortunately there are too many people who are willing to be shafted by the $FA and pay them the money anyway, which in turn means they will continue to treat us like this for as long as the team are doing well.

(I would love to see the $FA attempt to get these prices out of everyone when the team is performing poorly!)

For a lot of folks, this game was never going to be an appealing one.

It was the one where we ideally would be hoping to put a few goals by Gibraltar to boost our goal difference, and, quite possibly be used to give some experience to a few of the younger lads.

With the SFA's stance not moving, I propose that NOT ONE PERSON - outwith STs (Hopefully they don't attend) - purchases a ticket for this match.

What more could you be doing with your £35-45 on a Sunday evening at 5pm? Remembering reduced services on a Sunday, the hassle of returning from Hampden at the best of times, and for a lot of folk work the next day!

I think I will head along to the boozer, watch the game in there with a few cold ones with the lads - laughing while the camera pans in on Stewart Regan, Ann Marie Brennan and Jules McGeever, as the realisation hits on what they have just done.

It's Anne Marie Bannon.

Anne Marie Bannon, Jules McGeever. Who the feck are these faceless nonentities. Do they have a football background?

Anne Marie Bannon has been nothing but very, very helpful any time I've had any dealings with her.

Jules McGeever I've never met.