Scottish Cup 23 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup 23

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS that was desperate stuff from Aberdeen. No leadership, nobody taking responsibility, nothing.  Darvel thoroughly deserved that, they played some really slick fitba at times and got stuck right in when they had to.

Feel sorry for any older Dons fan who remembers coming back from Gothenburg on the ferry and tonight is going back up the road on a supporters' bus having been subjected to that utter sh*te.  What a shambles that club has become, but at least they won't have Goodwin going into the next game.

16 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Feel sorry for any older Dons fan who remembers coming back from Gothenburg on the ferry and tonight is going back up the road on a supporters' bus having been subjected to that utter sh*te.  What a shambles that club has become, but at least they won't have Goodwin going into the next game.

Used to beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, now beaten by Darvel. 

Delightful to see.  

I’ll no doubt feel sorry for Goodwin at some point down the line, but I’ve wished for this spectacular downfall since he abandoned the Saints where he had been shown a lot of loyalty.  

He was an utterly bizarre appointment for Aberdeen. His managerial record and long runs of poor form at Saints were there to be seen. His two cup semi finals with Saints that he bottled. Some questionable recruitment. Bottled a top 6 when it should have been wrapped up about 4 games in advance. 

He failed to deliver time and again. Then he had a very short run of form where a lot of games went in his favour and he jumped as soon as he got the chance.

I’ve worked in IT/Sales most of my career and you see people that talk their way into a job that they’re not up to and have nothing to back up - but they are full of their own self belief. That’s what Goodwin was for me here. 

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Would Aberdeen fans contemplate David Martindale as an Aberdeen manager? 

No, we need someone that has nonidea about the club, Scottish football or anything. 

Jobs for the boys has been tried and trusted since Smith & Scott were sacked (bar Skovdahl) and generally failed. 

Cormack & Gunn are the ones who put us in this mess and they have to get the correct appointment now, regardless of the cost involved in terminating Goodwin and hiring someone new with his own staff. 

24 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No, we need someone that has nonidea about the club, Scottish football or anything. 

Jobs for the boys has been tried and trusted since Smith & Scott were sacked (bar Skovdahl) and generally failed. 

Cormack & Gunn are the ones who put us in this mess and they have to get the correct appointment now, regardless of the cost involved in terminating Goodwin and hiring someone new with his own staff. 

I thought I would be more pissed off that I am but such is my apathy for the scottish game................I'm a bit meh. 

Was Shinnie eligible for that game last night?  Looked to me like he was exactly what the Dons were missing in midfield, although having said that, they were playing a team from the 6th tier FFS!  You would've expected an initial 10-minute flurry from the home side and then the full-timers taking control and battering them.

Saw a cruel one on Twitter earlier - "you're 2-1 up in the 94th minute, end up losing, and that's still not the most humiliating result of your season!"

1 hour ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

To be fair, the players have got a lot to answer for as well. Didn’t have any difficulty getting motivated v rangers 8 days earlier

To be honest, all jokes aside, you are 100 percent correct mate. The depth, divisions, talent, between these 2 sides, Aberdeen never, ever should have lost this.. The manager sets his lads out to do a job, if they don't, they need to be held accountable aswell. Fair play to Darvel FC though, I read they deserved. Have to be honest though, I'm still rolling on the floor.. But, but, we beat Bayern Munich 50 year ago !!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Was Shinnie eligible for that game last night?  Looked to me like he was exactly what the Dons were missing in midfield, although having said that, they were playing a team from the 6th tier FFS!  You would've expected an initial 10-minute flurry from the home side and then the full-timers taking control and battering them.

Saw a cruel one on Twitter earlier - "you're 2-1 up in the 94th minute, end up losing, and that's still not the most humiliating result of your season!"

Shinnie was on the bench.

Aberdeen obviously *should* be able to beat a team from the sixth tier but...

There is a lot of money going into Darvel and they have more than a few players with SPFL experience, so they're probably a team that could compete in the Lowland League or League 2 but who are playing in the WoSFL.   They are also top of that league and are clearly a team that is full of confidence.

Aberdeen on the other hand have no confidence and rather than being a team look like 11 individuals.

If I were an Aberdeen fan, the thing that would be worrying me most is that they conceded relatively early on, so had plenty of time to recover, but they couldn't do so.  A friend of mine who is an Aberdeen fan told me that they dropped 17 points and lost a cup semi-final from winning positions in games this season and have picked up nothing from being in a losing position.  

6 minutes ago, Debian said:

Questions of the players need to be asked.  However it does look like the Rangers 3.2 was absolutely killed them.  

The Rangers game didn't kill them, as Aaid points out, since the world cup break they have been on the worst run of form I can remember from an Aberdeen team.