Scottish Cup 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup 23

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stenny battled through against East Fife, then away at Formartine United only to be rewarded with a home tie against Livingston. No offense to them but it is rather underwhelming. We will be beaten and won't even have the comfort of a big payday for our troubles. Oh well...  

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just incase it wasn’t awkward enough for Aberdeen fans, don’t worry, BBC to the rescue 😂😂😂

You couldn’t make it up. 

A6461FA6-E868-4626-B074-2C6403CA0349.jpeg

I’m pleased it’s on TV though. I suppose St Johnstone vs Rangers would have been a better call for the Monday slot. 

29 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I’m pleased it’s on TV though. I suppose St Johnstone vs Rangers would have been a better call for the Monday slot. 

The Darvel v Aberdeen game is the perfect TV choice. Darvel will sell this out anyway and they get this big day in front of the cameras against one of the biggest teams in the country

10 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I’m delighted it’s in tv, they get their big pay day, which is thoroughly deserved for their progress, but forBBC to also show Celtic V Morton at 12:15 on a Saturday when there’s maybe (correct me of I’m wrong) 15-20 miles between the teams?

It really is a fucking disgrace and shows how low down our league actually cares about the fans and teams and concerned. 

Edited by dandydunn

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, EddardStark said:

St Johnstone have allocated three stands to Rangers for the Scottish Cup tie. £30 a ticket. I believe Rangers will sell all these tickets. 

Be as well giving Rangers all 4 stands. I know literally 1 saints fans who has said they will attend this game. £30 a ticket and moving home fans from their own seats isn't going down well.

12 hours ago, saintydave said:

Be as well giving Rangers all 4 stands. I know literally 1 saints fans who has said they will attend this game. £30 a ticket and moving home fans from their own seats isn't going down well.

It's the age old question though.  If you are chairman you want to maximise profits for your club.  If they gave Rangers fans one stand at least another two would be empty.

• 2 weeks later...

Accies v Hearts in the Scottish Cup brings back some great memories of the fourth round tie at Old Douglas Park which eventually went ahead on Monday night 3rd March 1986 - The Quarter finals were only a few days later

February 1986 was exceptionally cold and the tie had been postponed several times

Hearts were top of the Premier league (before the infamous last week) and would reach the final

Accies were top of the first division and would go on to win the league and go into the Premier Division for the first time

By the time they got around to playing the excitement was incredible and the game was all-ticket

Official records state 10,000, which was the capacity, were crammed into Douglas Park but there were more than that

The atmosphere was something else and never repeated at the old ground especially in the Shed.

The game kicked off and John McNaught (Wurzel), who would sign for Chelsea at the season end, broke up the right wing and crossed over for John Brogan to score in the first minute

Eruption

Hearts took the restart and while Accies fans were still celebrating equalised through John Robertson after 3 minutes

Eruption

Both teams composed themselves and it was 20 minutes from time before the next goal from Gary Mackay which decided it 

Football will never be the same

Edited by Ally Bongo