Indyref 2 (2) - Page 83 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

B053219B-75CF-471A-AC11-5F554E2E1F58.jpeg

be good if Ash challenges her for the leadership.  I don’t know a lot about her position on other things but enormous respect for her standing up for her principles over this.  

if she had similar moderate views on other policy areas I could be tempted to vote for her.

Scotland will never gain it's Independence now that the SNP has been split

The irony is that i recently gave Aaid and Flat Earth a video to watch where there was an interview with Peter Bergson (Hillel Kook) in the late 70s about the shameful response to the Holocaust by the USA in 1942 and 1943

The Jewish community in America, like everywhere else, was split between the Orthadox, the Zionists and the Revisionist Zionists of which Bergson belonged.

In order to pressurise FDR into doing something it needed all of them to work together and between them they could have maximised non Jewish support - FDR did not like the Jews and anti-semitism was rife.

However in-fighting and hatred between the groups meant it never happened on the scale that was required and very little was done

Many of the Orthadox Jews, who were in the majority were also scared, that over zealous protesting would incite anti-semitism even more in the USA.

United we stand and divided we fall is not just a saying and Alex Salmond is starting to get on my tits

10 hours ago, aaid said:

That makes perfect sense then, you are completely gullible. 

No you are Completely blinkered, what exactly has sturgeon done to further the cause of independence, what independence enhancing policy has been introduced? She has been dire for independence, maybe good for the fan boys like you but get down into the nitty gritty she has done nothing,, pretty much rode the wave of Indy leaning folk since 2014. 

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The irony is that i recently gave Aaid and Flat Earth a video to watch where there was an interview with Peter Bergson (Hillel Kook) in the late 70s about the shameful response to the Holocaust by the USA in 1942 and 1943

The Jewish community in America, like everywhere else, was split between the Orthadox, the Zionists and the Revisionist Zionists of which Bergson belonged.

In order to pressurise FDR into doing something it needed all of them to work together and between them they could have maximised non Jewish support - FDR did not like the Jews and anti-semitism was rife.

However in-fighting and hatred between the groups meant it never happened on the scale that was required and very little was done

Many of the Orthadox Jews, who were in the majority were also scared, that over zealous protesting would incite anti-semitism even more in the USA.

United we stand and divided we fall is not just a saying and Alex Salmond is starting to get on my tits

You could have shortened that a great deal,  Scotland will not gain independence as sturgeon has split the independence movement. That’s all that was needed 

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

You could have shortened that a great deal,  Scotland will not gain independence as Salmond, Wings and others have split the independence movement. That’s all that was needed 

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Settle down the pair of you 😂

just because a fringe tiny minority argue constantly on twitter doesn’t mean the voters for independence aren’t there waiting to vote yes. 

Yes with the leadership, most would vote yes, who that leader would be? god knows 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

No you are Completely blinkered, what exactly has sturgeon done to further the cause of independence, what independence enhancing policy has been introduced? She has been dire for independence, maybe good for the fan boys like you but get down into the nitty gritty she has done nothing,, pretty much rode the wave of Indy leaning folk since 2014. 

Anyone who starts a comment with “Reports from Stasi HQ” does not deserve to be taken seriously.  As an aside I saw that Uber Tory, Roddy Dunlop KC was advocating for a return to the front bench for Ash Regan.  Yet again, the Tories and Alba are joining up around the back  

26 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes with the leadership, most would vote yes, who that leader would be? god knows 

So your vote for independence is dependent upon who the leader of the SNP is, nice to know that. 

13 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Settle down the pair of you 😂

just because a fringe tiny minority argue constantly on twitter doesn’t mean the voters for independence aren’t there waiting to vote yes. 

I am honestly so fed up listening to the petty bickering on here .  Both sides unable to see shortcomings in their own preferred politician. 

The SNP have been in power so long they are clearly becoming ‘stale’ but the truth is any leader in any country would have pissed people off by now on some policies , no matter who the leader was. Particularly a country so split on the constitution. 

If you truly want independence you do not go airing your dirty laundry in public giving the opposition ammunition , the minute there is a weakness the enemy pounce.  

47 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am honestly so fed up listening to the petty bickering on here .  Both sides unable to see shortcomings in their own preferred politician. 

The SNP have been in power so long they are clearly becoming ‘stale’ but the truth is any leader in any country would have pissed people off by now on some policies , no matter who the leader was. Particularly a country so split on the constitution. 

If you truly want independence you do not go airing your dirty laundry in public giving the opposition ammunition , the minute there is a weakness the enemy pounce.  

I don’t think Nicola Sturgeon is perfect, I’m well aware she has shortcomings and what they are.  I don’t think however that the vast majority of shit that gets thrown around on here about her or her government is either fair or true.   The GRR bill is a prime example of that and in particular now where something that isn’t even law is being blamed for this current row over prisons.

If you want to know what the real issue is with the single sex spaces, it is that the Equality Act and who it is implemented needs looking at but that’s not something anyone - particularly the UKG wants to do.  It’s been kept under the radar until now because the process of getting a GRC has been so difficult, it’s kept the numbers artificially low.  That’s not a way to deal with this though.

If you want to review my posts, they are largely in response to someone posting something with is wrong - either IMHO or empirically so - sorry if you don’t like that, but I’m not stopping.  I’ll call out misinformation and lies when I see it.

I agree about all governments going stale, it’s amazing the SNP have been in power now for 16 years and show no signs of losing their grip on power, the Indy question undoubtedly has a lot to do with that though.

I also agree about not washing dirty linen in public - BTW, that’s one of the criticisms I have with NS, that she let this happen and wasn’t more ruthless when she needed to be.  That doesn’t quite square with the “fascist” slurs that are being thrown around though. 

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If there was a plan to split the independence movement (and there almost certainly is/will have been) then it's working a treat so far. Look at the way things are currently compared to just four or five years ago.

It's also perturbing that Salmond and Wings are singing from exactly the same hymn sheet, and it's not independence they're singing about.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Anyone who starts a comment with “Reports from Stasi HQ” does not deserve to be taken seriously.  As an aside I saw that Uber Tory, Roddy Dunlop KC was advocating for a return to the front bench for Ash Regan.  Yet again, the Tories and Alba are joining up around the back  

That figures. If I was an uber Tory I'd be delighted if Ash Regan became SNP leader, for much the same reason as I - not being an uber Tory - would be delighted if Annie Wells became Scottish Tory leader!

Luckily I don't think Ash Regan is bright enough to mount a serious attempt - let alone a successful attempt - to become SNP leader.

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Luckily I don't think Ash Regan is bright enough to mount a serious attempt - let alone a successful attempt - to become SNP leader.

I agree, but it’s something I’ve picked up over the weekend that someone’s has decided to push her forwards.

35 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don’t think Nicola Sturgeon is perfect, I’m well aware she has shortcomings and what they are.  I don’t think however that the vast majority of shit that gets thrown around on here about her or her government is either fair or true.   The GRR bill is a prime example of that and in particular now where something that isn’t even law is being blamed for this current row over prisons.

If you want to know what the real issue is with the single sex spaces, it is that the Equality Act and who it is implemented needs looking at but that’s not something anyone - particularly the UKG wants to do.  It’s been kept under the radar until now because the process of getting a GRC has been so difficult, it’s kept the numbers artificially low.  That’s not a way to deal with this though.

If you want to review my posts, they are largely in response to someone posting something with is wrong - either IMHO or empirically so - sorry if you don’t like that, but I’m not stopping.  I’ll call out misinformation and lies when I see it.

I agree about all governments going stale, it’s amazing the SNP have been in power now for 16 years and show no signs of losing their grip on power, the Indy question undoubtedly has a lot to do with that though.

I also agree about not washing dirty linen in public - BTW, that’s one of the criticisms I have with NS, that she let this happen and wasn’t more ruthless when she needed to be.  That doesn’t quite square with the “fascist” slurs that are being thrown around though. 

I wasn’t criticising your attempts to call out misinformation, long may that continue, the amount of hyperbole on here at times is ridiculous . But its gets petty between you and Loon and detracts from the facts.

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I wasn’t criticising your attempts to call out misinformation, long may that continue, the amount of hyperbole on here at times is ridiculous . But its gets petty between you and Loon and detracts from the facts.

Fair point

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

wee Ross Greer is at it again with his wealth tax….  The snp need to cut the greens adrift.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/council-tax-system-scotland-grossly-29080243

What do you understand by a wealth tax and what would you suggest as a reform for council tax, or do you think that council tax is okay?

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Turns out that after checking, there aren’t any.

However after Amanda Benson chased a man down the street to leather him then bit a policeman's ear was "terrified" of a man in a dress who had no history of violence against women ?