Indyref 2 (2) - Page 72 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

10 years on and we are stlll getting pills like this. Depressing.

Screenshot_20230120-143320_Twitter.jpg

It's truly gobsmacking. I find it difficult to understand how anyone can look at the squandering of N. Sea oil and gas, the corruption of Westminster, the economic damage inflicted by the Tories and not think that an independent Scotland would have done a whole lot better.

Some people seem to be conditioned to think that they and their fellow Scots are somehow unique amongst the people of earth in being unable to govern their own affairs.

57 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It's truly gobsmacking. I find it difficult to understand how anyone can look at the squandering of N. Sea oil and gas, the corruption of Westminster, the economic damage inflicted by the Tories and not think that an independent Scotland would have done a whole lot better.

Some people seem to be conditioned to think that they and their fellow Scots are somehow unique amongst the people of earth in being unable to govern their own affairs.

300 yrs of being told you are dependent kinda makes you dependent. I also think a lot of people become more likely to stick with the status quo , than make a move, when times are bad . 

35 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

300 yrs of being told you are dependent kinda makes you dependent. I also think a lot of people become more likely to stick with the status quo , than make a move, when times are bad . 

The media up here is unbelievably biased. Particularly the way health stories are politicised and reported in a way that just doesn't happen in England.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

10 years on and we are stlll getting pills like this. Depressing.

Screenshot_20230120-143320_Twitter.jpg

Poll just released in the national has These figures reversed.

I don't know how to add the link.

But it's 56%yes.

Edited by stocky

Maybe if NS dialled back on the unpopular policies and actually did something to advance the cause of independence - normality - we'd get better poll results.  Seems to me that every time she has to make a tactical decision - de facto referendum, supreme court, Stop brexit election, you name it - she picks the poorest option. She's a decent colonial administrator up to a point, but she's a dreadful leader of the indy movement, having alienated many of the own party members and many ex-members, while still not being able to offer an olive branch to any other groups on the indy side.  Her sell by date is fast approaching.

54 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Problem is when times are good they don't move either.

There has not been many ‘good times ‘ the past few years tbf.
I felt that in the lead up to Indyref the country was in an upbeat mood. Not just because of the referendum, for some folk that was probably not particularly enjoyable, but with the success of the commonwealth games, great summer of weather,  and I think some golf tournament was on too. I think that gave people a bit of a ‘ we can do it ‘ attitude,  as confidence was high. I think that was part of the reason we got so close. 

Edited by TDYER63

Also both polls can be accurate as well, no one ever seems to take into account error bars when discussing statistics. 3% deviation 95% of the time at 1000 folk polled. Everything is within boundaries and no result is more accurate than the other.

The actual weird thing considering how many polls we've had is there hasn't been more variation in results. Nate Silver over at 538.com talks about how pollsters fudge their results sometimes by introducing weighting etc so there isn't a wild random statistical swing, chucking out outliers isn't always good.

If you want any more proof of the total bias of British media it came in one of their rags yesterday with them claiming defacto referendum in the next election would fail as only 44% will vote SNP.

Pure density and pure bias. And those Scots ready to vote outwith SNP your vote will seemingly be counted as a unionist vote even if it is for pro-independence parties Scottish Greens and Alba. If you want independence then vote Scottish Labour, Scottish Toerags (ooh okay Scottish Tories) or Lib Dem at your peril.

11 hours ago, ger intae them said:

60% of the time these polls work every time 😆

This is what I see as one of the big flaws in Nicola's approach. I just don't trust opinion polls. They are one of the levers that the British establishment use to try to manipulate the behaviour of the public. Of course, she isn't just relying on official opinion polls but the other means of trying to measure public opinion are also flawed. 

placard in glasgow at trans demo saying “decapitate terfs”.  How can such hate speech be tolerated? Imagine the outcry if it said “decapitate trans”.  Meanwhile in Edinburgh, that burley man wearing womens clothes and the purple hair that threatens to take an axe to terfs being applauded by harvie, Greer and Alex Cole Hamilton (that’s the Lib Dems also in the never vote again category).  

what a fucking state you are in Scotland.  Embarrassing.

Just now, Malcolm said:

placard in glasgow at trans demo saying “decapitate terfs”.  How can such hate speech be tolerated? Imagine the outcry if it said “decapitate trans”.  Meanwhile in Edinburgh, that burley man wearing womens clothes and the purple hair that threatens to take an axe to terfs being applauded by harvie, Greer and Alex Cole Hamilton (that’s the Lib Dems also in the never vote again category).  

what a fucking state you are in Scotland.  Embarrassing.

I wondered when the daily dose of hyperbolic shite would come.🤣