Indyref 2 (2) - Page 69 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Had it been a policy the general public were behind then yes however I honestly don’t believe the casual voter agrees with the policy. I would love to be proven wrong but the longer this drags on, the more the general public are starting to engage and from my experience they are against the policie. The only way that I see this having a positive bearing on independence is if some labour msp’s end up so disillusioned with WM they come out and support indy which is extremely unlikely 

I reckon the general public will forget it soon enough, its one of these issues that the general public just don;t understand, it will have zero effect on 99% of the people in scotland anyway.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I reckon the general public will forget it soon enough, its one of these issues that the general public just don;t understand, it will have zero effect on 99% of the people in scotland anyway.

That was my hope that this would fizzle out and be forgotten but now it will be in the public aye for long enough. 

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Maggie Chapman wants children as young as eight to be helped to explore their gender identity - fucking lunatic.

Maggie chapman is an idiot but I am not sure why you felt the need to post this a 2nd time.

Edited by vanderark14

This is an extremely pro Indy poster and all the polls he does is heavily voted on by pro Indy personnel so I have no reason to believe this poll is any different. What we are seeing with the pursuit of this policy at all costs is the general erosion of the belief that the Scottish Parliament is for the good of the Scottish people. Jim spence who iswas a massive independence supporter now questioning holyrood and asking what is it there for,, it is SO bad for holyrood and independence to go after a policy that the general public have no appetite for 

0E98A2F6-7721-4820-AAB6-489907CD7B80.jpeg

17 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

This is an extremely pro Indy poster and all the polls he does is heavily voted on by pro Indy personnel so I have no reason to believe this poll is any different. What we are seeing with the pursuit of this policy at all costs is the general erosion of the belief that the Scottish Parliament is for the good of the Scottish people. Jim spence who iswas a massive independence supporter now questioning holyrood and asking what is it there for,, it is SO bad for holyrood and independence to go after a policy that the general public have no appetite for 

A Twitter poll 😂😂😂

42 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

" Jim Spence massive Indy Supporter" 😄

The cunt blocked me years ago for making an innocuous reply to one of his "massive indy supporter" posts

He is a Unionist

6 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm no statistician but I suspect a twitter poll by the "black saltires" might contain a wee bit of selection bias.

Selection Bias

TBF, all Twitter polls have the same bias and should just be treated as a bit of fun and never used to try demonstrate support, other than within the reach of your Twitter - that doesn’t just include direct followers obviously but how your followers retweet and the like  

A few years ago we did a World Cup of pubs, selected the best pubs from around the country we’d been in in the last year while following our team.

We then drew them into “matches” and posted them on Twitter.  We realised pretty quickly that what was the deciding factor as to which pub won wasn’t how good it was but rather how much of an active social media presence it had - we tagged the pubs in.  Still, it was a good laugh until Covid and we’ve never resurrected it.

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

" Jim Spence massive Indy Supporter" 😄

The cunt blocked me years ago for making an innocuous reply to one of his "massive indy supporter" posts

He is a Unionist

Spence lost the plot a long time ago.

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

TBF, all Twitter polls have the same bias and should just be treated as a bit of fun and never used to try demonstrate support, other than within the reach of your Twitter - that doesn’t just include direct followers obviously but how your followers retweet and the like  

A few years ago we did a World Cup of pubs, selected the best pubs from around the country we’d been in in the last year while following our team.

We then drew them into “matches” and posted them on Twitter.  We realised pretty quickly that what was the deciding factor as to which pub won wasn’t how good it was but rather how much of an active social media presence it had - we tagged the pubs in.  Still, it was a good laugh until Covid and we’ve never resurrected it.

They don't have the same magnitude of selection bias at all. However that's an esoteric statistical sampling debate. It's good enough for Elon Musk and he's a "genius" so who are we to disagree.

1 minute ago, phart said:

They don't have the same magnitude of selection bias at all. However that's an esoteric statistical sampling debate. It's good enough for Elon Musk and he's a "genius" so who are we to disagree.

Well, the selection bias with Elon Musk was people who hate Elon Musk, so he’s now restricting his polls to Twitter Blue subscribers. 

50 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Or Salmond gave him no option 

Scottish people overwhelming wanted a referendum, we hadn't had one before.

It was a different time.

There's folk on here depreciating Salmond's incredible accomplishments but can't pretend post 2014 is the same as pre 2014.